You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robben: I'm proud of the lads tonight

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Robben: I'm proud of the lads tonight

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:00 am

An unfamiliar FCB line-up emphatically swept past second division Kaiserslautern by a deserved 4-0 margin on Wednesday night to seal a berth in the last sixteen of the DFB Cup, with Claudio Pizarro and captain for the night Arjen Robben each scoring twice. "Four-nil sounds easy, but it was tough, so I'm proud of the lads. We worked very hard," the Dutch winger said after netting his first goals of the season.

Reaction to Bayern v Kaiserslautern:

Jupp Heynckes: "You could see my players were utterly determined to make the last sixteen. Kaiserslautern put up enormous resistance in the first half. I made a lot of changes, but my team still played as a unit, with plenty of ideas and great discipline. I think the players deserved that today. All credit to the lads."

Arjen Robben: "Four-nil sounds easy, but it was tough, so I'm proud of the lads. We worked very hard."

Franco Foda (Kaiserslautern coach): "There's no question Bayern deserved to win. They were very, very good, despite making a lot of changes. I think the margin of victory is a little too high, because we had one or two good chances. We lacked effectiveness, however. Bayern took the game seriously and we tried to resist. A lot of things have to come together if you're to beat Bayern Munich away from home. Overall, I can be satisfied with my team's performance today, but I'm obviously a lot less happy with the result."

Enis Hajri (Kaiserslautern): "We're very, very disappointed. We only played at all well in the first half."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News