You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Robben: I have a lot of faith in this team

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Robben: I have a lot of faith in this team

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:20 pm

Arjen Robben is fully fit again after shaking off a hamstring problem, and is now ready to give his all in Bayern's quest for a place in next season's Champions League. "I've had a good week. I've been back in training with the squad twice now, and it's looking good for Saturday," the 27-year-old said on Thursday, two days prior to a crunch Bundesliga meeting with Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Robben was forced out of the most recent top flight clash away to Freiburg after just half an hour with a sprain. Following consultations with the FCB medical unit, he pulled out of the Netherlands squad for the recent round of internationals. "It was nothing serious, but I had problems and I wouldn't have been able to play. The logical decision was not to go," the 2010 World Cup runner-up explained.

Following last summer's tournament in South Africa, Robben missed the entire first half of the current season with a ruptured hamstring. The left-footed danger man rejoined the fray away to Wolfsburg in the first match of the second half of the season, and tops the league's scorer points chart in 2011 with eight goals and four assists. Bayern's points-per-game average has grown from 1.58 to 2.25 with Robben in the team.

"I'm really pleased I've already managed to play so many games," the Dutch ace modestly commented, insisting he had been certain of recovering his form rapidly despite the lengthy injury lay-off. "Sports rehabilitation training wasn't always easy, but I worked really hard on coming back in good shape. I always kept that in my mind," Arjen revealed.

Model pro Robben

The player's team-mates were unsurprised by his immediate impact after injury. "Arjen's had a number of serious injuries in his career, but he's never needed time to acclimatise. He always hits the ground running, and he's done it again" remarked Mario Gomez.

The striker praised Robben for his exemplary attitude: "If you've been restricted to training for six months, you'll obviously be desperate to play. But if you look at his enthusiasm, his determination and his professionalism during those six months, it really doesn't come as a surprise."

In the remaining seven games of the campaign, Robben's goal is to help Bayern achieve at least third spot. "It's only one game a week from now on, so we'll be fully focused," said the father of two, who believes Munich have what it takes to win all seven matches. "I have a lot of faith in this team," the winger declared.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Robben: I have a lot of faith in this team

Postby mmn0404 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:37 pm

he really gets fit soon after injury despite ribery
mmn0404
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News