You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Ribéry and Martínez doubtful for Bayer clash

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Ribéry and Martínez doubtful for Bayer clash

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:50 pm

After four weeks on the sidelines with injury, Arjen Robben resumed the squad training programme on Friday - and what a comeback it was, as the Dutch ace hurled himself into the fray and fired shot after shot into the net. "He's trained well, he's free of pain, and he's completed the full programme," reported Jupp Heynckes, although the boss could not say whether Arjen might make Sunday's matchday squad: "Let's wait and see if he's ready."

Robben said he "really enjoyed" the 90-minute session, incorporating passing and positioning routines, crossing, shooting practice and set plays. "It was a gentle training session, so I was able to take part in all the exercises," he told FCB.tv. "I've come through it well. It's a first step." The winger could not say when he would play again: "Coming back too soon makes no sense. I have to be fully fit again first."

Both Franck Ribéry (hamstring) and Javi Martínez (groin) are not fully fit at the moment, as the pair returned from the Champions League trip to Lille carrying knocks and are rated doubtful for Sunday's Bundesliga meeting with Leverkusen. Both were restricted to a stamina-building run on Friday.

"It's not looking too good for Franck. He says he's feeling something even when he runs slowly," Heynckes said, "we'll have to wait and see if he can train tomorrow. But one thing is clear: I won't take any risks. Franck is too valuable to us, and we have alternatives." Martínez will also undergo a fitness test in Saturday's final pre-match workout, the boss announced.

Gomez poised for comeback

Friday also brought two welcome developments. Daniel van Buyten, who missed the Lille trip with bruised ribs, completed most of Friday's squad programme. And on Saturday, Mario Gomez is set to resume at least part of the team schedule for the first time this season. "He'll rejoin the squad tomorrow and take part in the warm-up, and the passing and positioning exercises," Heynckes told reporters on Friday. Gomez will then go back to his personalised sports rehab programme.

On Friday, Mario's tasks included work on exploding from a standing start, an exercise using elastic ropes and weighted boots, plus shooting practice. Eleven weeks ago, Gomez underwent surgery to remove loose cartilage particles from his left ankle. The Germany striker has been "outstanding" during his period in sports rehab, Heynckes said: "It's looking very good. We'll gradually reintroduce him to squad training from now on."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Ribéry and Martínez doubtful for Bayer clash

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Damn...at least the real Super Mario is coming back soon :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby michel » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Sounds like Luigi will have to deal with competition from Mario. Not a bad idea...
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:05 pm

michel wrote:Sounds like Luigi will have to deal with competition from Mario. Not a bad idea...

Or maybe play both? Mario Gomezukic™ :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:26 pm

MUTU wrote:Or maybe play both? Mario Gomezukic™

Haha, who does it sounds nice, Gomezukić. :lol: :thumbup: Too bad it's not the old times when we played with 2 strikers, they would be perfect duo and I mean it serious. In Croatia Mandžo plays 4-4-2 with Jelavić, Eduardo or Olić and he looks really good with them.

I don't know why we always avoid it during the game to switch on 4-4-2(or 4-2-4) and try with direct balls to hit Mandžo or Pizarro, or when Gomez come back with him, too. Currently everything looks very good and there we need not to anything change, but not always will be as we want to.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Return to Official FC Bayern News