You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Reaction to Bayern's 2-2 draw in Stuttgart

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Reaction to Bayern's 2-2 draw in Stuttgart

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:45 pm

The Bayern camp was understandably frustrated at dropping two points in Saturday's 2-2 draw with VfB Stuttgart, as a last-gasp goal changed the outcome of a game for the second league fixture in a row, this time to the champions' disadvantage. "We shouldn't be conceding an equaliser like that," Tim Borowski summed up. However, taking the last match of the calendar year as a whole, "it was the right result," as FCB President Franz Beckenbauer commented. The Munich camp was much less accepting of the straight red card for Massimo Oddo after 85 minutes. "Massimo was just getting up to play the ball. He had no intention whatsoever of injuring his opponent," declared Jürgen Klinsmann.

Reaction to VfB Stuttgart v Bayern:

Franz Beckenbauer: "It's always unlucky when you concede a last-minute equaliser, but it's the right result. Bayern were much better in the second half. Stuttgart were drained after the first half they put in, Bayern were closer to making it 3-1 than Stuttgart were to equalising. I can understand the red card for Oddo, although it wasn't really dangerous play. There was no intent, he just didn't see the opposing player. A yellow card would have done the job."

Jürgen Klinsmann: "We took a 2-1 lead after a very convincing second half, so it's obviously a shame we were pegged back in the last minute. We really don't understand Massimo Oddo's sending off. Massimo was just getting up to play the ball. He had no intention whatsoever of injuring his opponent, he just didn't see him coming. Giving a red card for that is a mistake. Overall, the team's been first class in the last three months. I'm really enjoying working with these players. They have a break now, and they deserve it."

Tim Borowski: "Taking both halves together, it's a fair result. We could even have made it 3-1 or 4-1 on the break, we should have been far more ruthless. Obviously, we shouldn't be conceding an equaliser like that, that's totally frustrating."

Markus Babbel (VfB coach): "I saw a sensational team performance out there today. My team did everything they could to win the game. We more or less deserved to take the lead, but we were careless and tossed it away. It took unbending resolve to earn the equaliser. My lads deserved it, I'm extremely pleased with that performance."

Thomas Hitzlsperger (VfB): "We made a fight of it right until the final seconds and our heads never went down, even against as good a team as Bayern. It shows how determined we are, and we need to keep that going."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News