You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Niko Kovač new FC Bayern coach from 1 July 2018

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Niko Kovač new FC Bayern coach from 1 July 2018

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Niko Kovač will be the new FC Bayern München head coach from the start of the 2018/19 season. The German record champions and the 46-year-old have agreed a three-year contract from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2021. His brother Robert Kovač (44) will join Niko Kovač, who is currently Eintracht Frankfurt head coach, as assistant.

"We're very delighted we've secured the services of Niko Kovač as new FC Bayern head coach," said sporting director Hasan Salihamidžić. "Niko played for Bayern, he knows the people in charge and the club's strucures and DNA. We're convinced he's the right coach for the future of FC Bayern."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Niko Kovač new FC Bayern coach from 1 July 2018

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Aren't they twin bros?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Of course not. Where did you get that from? :lol: Robert is younger and taller than Niko.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:59 pm

FCB general wrote:Of course not. Where did you get that from? Robert is younger and taller than Niko.
Oops my bad...

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:00 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
FCB general wrote:Of course not. Where did you get that from? Robert is younger and taller than Niko.
Oops my bad...

You're mixing them up with the Altintops, aren't you?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:04 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:His brother Robert Kovač (44) will join Niko Kovač, who is currently Eintracht Frankfurt head coach, as assistant.

Again with nepotism?
Next year we'll be paying Carlo Ancelotti and his son Davide, and Niko Kovač and his brother Robert.
Well, and Uli Hoeness and his nephew Sebastian.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernNews wrote:His brother Robert Kovač (44) will join Niko Kovač, who is currently Eintracht Frankfurt head coach, as assistant.

Again with nepotism?
Next year we'll be paying Carlo Ancelotti and his son Davide, and Niko Kovač and his brother Robert.

Well, he can choose any assistant he wants. Just to inform you, since he took over the Croatia U-21 team, his brother followed him everywhere as an assistant coach. The same was in Croatia senior team and now at Eintracht.
When they were players, they both joined Bayern at the same time. They are almost inseparable. Then again, the third Croat is already at Bayern(Toni Tapalović). :)

I just hope Peter Hermann will remain our assistant coach after Heynckes leaves, he would be of a great interest and benefit for Niko, not to mention Hermann Gerland. I don't see Robert that smart when it comes coaching role.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 pm

FCB general wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Again with nepotism?

Well, he can choose any assistant he wants. Just to inform you, since he took over the Croatia U-21 team, his brother followed him everywhere as an assistant coach. The same was in Croatia senior team and now at Eintracht.
When they were players, they both joined Bayern at the same time. They are almost inseparable. Then again, the third Croat is already at Bayern(Toni Tapalović). :)

I just hope Peter Hermann will remain our assistant coach after Heynckes leaves, he would be of a great interest and benefit for Niko, not to mention Hermann Gerland. I don't see Robert that smart when it comes coaching role.

Yes I know he's always his assistant. Still doesn't make it less of a case of nepotism :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Actually I feel a little better after hearing Peter Herrmann will stay and they want to include another expert... If they all debate, maybe they can convince him tactics matter and offense is good?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:21 pm

MUTU wrote:

Again with nepotism?

Well, it is a common misconception in football as the coache's staff works for the coach, not the team. Each coach brings in his own assistant, physical trainer and so on and so forth. This is why the club has nothing much to say about that but pin the results in the head coach. There are exeptions though, regarding some positions.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Isabella » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:22 am

Sometimes the coach has just an assistant and the rest of the staff came from the club or most of times the first assistant coach is someone suggested by the club
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Italy

Postby Manchu » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:40 am

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Again with nepotism?

Well, it is a common misconception in football as the coache's staff works for the coach, not the team. Each coach brings in his own assistant, physical trainer and so on and so forth. This is why the club has nothing much to say about that but pin the results in the head coach. There are exeptions though, regarding some positions.

And this is generally a good thing as often the assistants are responsible for the ideas that most contribute to the team's success. For example, Klinsmann probably would have had a much better time at Bayern if he had brought Joachim Low, who seems to actually have been responsible the vast majority of the good things which happened to the NT during Klinsmann's time as NT coach, with him.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News