You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Neuer: I'm glad I was out on the pitch again

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Neuer: I'm glad I was out on the pitch again

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Bayern ran up vainly against the rock of Werder Bremen's defence for 72 minutes, but Robert Lewandowski bagged a late and winning brace within four minutes. "Today Robert Lewandowski proved once more he's essential for the team," commented sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic after the final whistle. Carlo Ancelotti spoke of "an important victory in a very difficult match." Manuel Neuer, who made his comeback after 130 days on the sidelines, concluded: "I'm glad I was out on the pitch again and that we won the match."

Reaction to Bremen v Bayern

Hasan Salihamidzic: "We turned in a really good display. We remained patient and had many chances even if we lacked the final ball at times. But at the end of the day we've scored and won with aplomb. We were very compact and allowed no chances. Today Robert Lewandowski proved once more he's essential for the team, that he's the Bundesliga's best striker and one of the best in the world. Lewy is sensational."

Carlo Ancelotti: "I'm very happy with the result. It was an important victory in a very difficult match. We struggled to find space for an hour. You always see room for improvement as a coach, but at the end of the day it's only the three points that count."

Manuel Neuer: "I'm glad I was out on the pitch again and that we won the match. We turned in a good defensive display. We lacked vision up front in the first half, we struggled for a long time. Werder became increasingly tired in the second half, we made the most of our chances then. When the referee blew for full-time the most important thing for me was that we won the match and kept a clean sheet."

Robert Lewandowski: "Sometimes we have to be patient and wait for our chance. We all saw Werder were very defensive today. We didn't have much space, so it wasn't easy to score the first goal."

Alexander Nouri (Werder Bremen coach): "We defended well until the 70th minute. We conceded the second goal too quickly. We were very hard-running, so the final pass was often stray when switching play."

Two goals by @lewy_official for a job well done by the whole team. #MiaSanMia @FCBayern pic.twitter.com/FQ4Efox5LG
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Neuer: I'm glad I was out on the pitch again

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Just what I said in the match thread that I hoped I wouldn't read... Talk about the three points that matter. No, that's important to YOU, Carlo. I would have rather lost unluckily whilst playing great football at this point of the season.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Neuer: I'm glad I was out on the pitch again

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Not sure what Salihamidzic is talking about. "Really good"? Neuer's assessment is much more accurate. The thing is though, we weren't great defensively as much as Bremen failed to be a serious threat on their own merits.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News