You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matchdays 7 to 14 scheduled

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Matchdays 7 to 14 scheduled

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:10 pm

The German Football League (DFL) announced the exact times for Bundesliga Matchdays 7 to 14 on Wednesday. FC Bayern have four prime-time Saturday slots at 18:30 CEST for their games against Hamburg (21 October), RB Leipzig (28 October), Borussia Dortmund (4 November) and Borussia Mönchengladbach (25 November). FCB's home games against Freiburg, Augsburg and Hannover 96 are all 15:30 CEST kick-offs on Saturdays while the record champions will meet Hertha BSC on Sunday 1 October at 15:30 CEST. You can check the full updated fixture list HERE

FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Matchdays 7 to 14 scheduled

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:51 pm

Every time we play on Tuesday in the Champions League, all three matches, the match prior to that was scheduled for Saturday night giving us less time to rest than the opponents. At home against R.S.C. Anderlecht in the first group stage match, away against Celtic (could prove tricky) and the very last group stage match at home to PSG. Thanks once again, DFL! You manage to outdo yourself.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:26 pm

MUTU wrote:Every time we play on Tuesday in the Champions League, all three matches, the match prior to that was scheduled for Saturday night giving us less time to rest than the opponents. At home against R.S.C. Anderlecht in the first group stage match, away against Celtic (could prove tricky) and the very last group stage match at home to PSG. Thanks once again, DFL! You manage to outdo yourself.

If they had us playing on Friday, same would be the case for Bundesliga... 3 days is perfectly fine - what do you expect? That they go out of their way for Bayern only?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:35 pm

in italy - they let the uefa participating teams play on friday...

fick dich dfl
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:41 pm

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Every time we play on Tuesday in the Champions League, all three matches, the match prior to that was scheduled for Saturday night giving us less time to rest than the opponents. At home against R.S.C. Anderlecht in the first group stage match, away against Celtic (could prove tricky) and the very last group stage match at home to PSG. Thanks once again, DFL! You manage to outdo yourself.

If they had us playing on Friday, same would be the case for Bundesliga... 3 days is perfectly fine - what do you expect? That they go out of their way for Bayern only?

Mate...

When we play on Wednesdays in the Champions League, i.e. when rest is not so critical, the Bundesliga matches preceding them are played once on Friday evening and twice on Saturday afternoon. When we needed rest the most, i.e. when we play on Tuesday in the CL, our kick-off time is the 7th 'most late' out of 9 matches.

Therefore, no, I expect them to NOT go out of their way to try and sabotage Bayern's chances, as they do season after season with their spiteful scheduling.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:10 pm

There are 9 matches per round. Generally, this means:

1st - a match played on Friday 20:30
2nd - 6 matches played on Saturday 15:30
7th - 1 match played on Saturday 18:30
8th - 1 match played on Sunday 15:30
9th - 1 match played on Sunday 18:00

Matches preceding Tuesday CL matches are all on Saturday 18:30... so from the list above that's 7th, 7th, 7th. One should also note that from their rules they are not to schedule a Bundesliga match 2 days before a European match, which means that there were 7 possibilities for Bayern for matches preceding the Tuesday CL matches, and they chose the one closest to the match, each and every time. So that's 7/7, 7/7 and 7/7.

Just so that it doesn't seem so obvious that they're trying to sabotage Bayern, they scheduled one match preceding a Wednesday CL match on Friday (1st slot) and the rest on the standard Saturday 15:30.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:11 pm

Cause they're not... Bayern is the most popular team and that 7th game is the "Topspiel" - it's not meant to feature Augsburg vs. Feankfurt

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:26 pm

#12 wrote:Cause they're not... Bayern is the most popular team and that 7th game is the "Topspiel" - it's not meant to feature Augsburg vs. Feankfurt

Oh and they selectively do it ONLY prior to matches played on Tuesday? Come on... it should be a rule that clubs playing on Tuesday should get the topmost priority to play the Bundesliga match on Friday evening. If two teams are playing on Tuesday then one of the teams would need to play on Saturday afternoon (unless they're playing against each other in which case they both play on Friday evening).

EDIT: I just realised I **** up. The match preceding the last group stage is Saturday 15:30 :oops:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:50 pm

Also, I think other sports are mich more demanding than soccer... Pros should be able to shoulder it...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:10 pm

#12 wrote:Also, I think other sports are mich more demanding than soccer... Pros should be able to shoulder it...
It's not about shouldering it but about being as fresh as your opponent. Is that asking for too much? It is a rare occasion that Bayern has more resting time than the opponents before a Champions League match and this is mainly due to DFL scheduling.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:15 pm

We should qualify in that group even with no rest... Should we actually stand a chance of aiming high this season, I'll join you once the K.O. stages begin and the situation is the same...
(Comparison with other teams would be important for that though...)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:35 am

#12 wrote:We should qualify in that group even with no rest... Should we actually stand a chance of aiming high this season, I'll join you once the K.O. stages begin and the situation is the same...
(Comparison with other teams would be important for that though...)

I go over this thing year after year in the knockout stages. It's always the same. Other federations work differently. For example in Italy it's standard... even if your match is already scheduled, if you progress to the next round your match is rescheduled to be played on a Friday instead, so as to give you more rest and improve the Italian clubs' chances of progressing. In Germany they don't care. They don't even try and help, and once a match is scheduled it's final.

But tell you what, I'll open a new thread comparing our rest vs opponents' in the Champions League.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 am

Remember Lyon actually postponing a match? They had a full week of rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Remember Lyon actually postponing a match? They had a full week of rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Real Madrid had their match rescheduled last season so as to give them more rest against Bayern. Remember what happened?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:09 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Official FC Bayern News