You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lewandowski extends stay at Bayern

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Lewandowski extends stay at Bayern

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:40 pm

FC Bayern München agreed a two-year contract extension with Robert Lewandowski on Tuesday, keeping him at the club until 30 June 2021. The 28-year-old Poland captain commented: "I'm very happy the negotiations yielded a positive result and that I'll stay at Bayern for a few more years. We still have ambitious goals."

FC Bayern München AG chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge was equally delighted with the agreement: "I'm happy we've secured the services of one of the world's best centre-forwards over the long term. We now have certainty that another key player will wear the FC Bayern shirt in the coming years."

After the contract was inked at the Säbener Strasse deputy chairman Jan-Christian Dreesen added: "We had intense, but always respectful and fair discussions, so I'd like to thank Robert Lewandowski's agents for the constructive negotiations."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Lewandowski extends stay at Bayern

Postby Dalv » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Don't really get it, he had contract until 2019, so until he reaches 31 years old, more than enough for a striker.
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:17 pm

There was no rush but it's to keep everyone happy...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:32 pm

JANCKER wrote:There was no rush but it's to keep everyone happy...

Exactly. Contracts nowadays are not about "how many years remain", but rather about "how many years ago did he renew". This renewal is meant to raise his salary so he doesn't go around pushing a transfer (which wouldn't be sure to work, but would create an uggly situation).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:51 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Contracts nowadays are not about "how many years remain", but rather about "how many years ago did he renew". This renewal is meant to raise his salary so he doesn't go around pushing a transfer (which wouldn't be sure to work, but would create an uggly situation)

I think the word you're searching is extension! You can renew a contract just by give him a raise but still the years left are the same so you make some kind of adjustments such as salary,bonus,clause maybe something like that obviously, it's the thing that goes on with Messi & CR7.

Extension though it's different, you need great project to persuade such players because usually you maximize the years left in his contract so they gonna play their game and push for a better financially deal, that's what Lewy did and I consider it normal these days, he is after all at his prime and what we need upfront in terms of quality & style of play.

Nowdays the "how many years remain" is a leverage for the team that wants to sell, multiplies the fee according to the years left but since we're talking for Bayern Munich it was a life contract extension for Lewandowski, no joke, he had to make a serious decision because he knows that if he puts his signature until 2021 then the possibility for him to get a transfer in the future is probably gone for good so he milked us :twisted:
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News