You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jupp Heynckes returns to FC Bayern

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Jupp Heynckes returns to FC Bayern

Postby FCBayernNews » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:30 pm

He's back! Jupp Heynckes returns to Munich 1,588 days after leaving FC Bayern and retiring from his coaching career in June 2013. After parting company with Carlo Ancelotti, the 72-year-old coach is in charge of the first team at the German record champions until the end of the current season. "I'm happy one of my best friends is back at FC Bayern," said supervisory board chairman Uli Hoeneß at the official presentation held at the Allianz Arena on Monday afternoon.

"In 2013 I made the decision not to carry on as a coach. I'd made my mind up," declared Heynckes. However, Hoeneß and FCB chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge asked him in discussions "to take over as coach for a limited period," explained Heynckes who decided to accept the offer after talking to his family. "I'm looking forward to the challenge. I know how to deal with the players, how I have to work with them and I'm confident we can get back to winning ways."

For Heynckes, this is his fourth stint at FC Bayern. From 1987 to 1991, in the early part of 2009 plus 2011 to 2013, the former world class striker was head coach at FCB, winning the German league title three times. Winning the treble of the Bundesliga, Champions League and DFB Cup in 2013 will never be forgotten. Eight players from that squad are still at FCB. So Heynckes will be reunited with many familiar faces.

More news to follow.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Jupp Heynckes returns to FC Bayern

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:30 pm

We'll have good training again – Muller takes aim at Ancelotti ahead of Heynckes return [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News