You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: We won't be knocked off course

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: We won't be knocked off course

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Bayern's record-breaking start to the season with eight wins from the first eight games came to an end on Sunday with a first defeat of term at home to Bayer Leverkusen, the Rhineland side striking a lucky goal three minutes from time to edge the encounter 2-1. "We practically scored the goals against ourselves. They were unfortunate situations compounded by a great deal of bad luck," lamented keeper Manuel Neuer.

Reaction to Bayern v Leverkusen

Jupp Heynckes: "We won't be thrown out of our stride by the defeat, and we'll learn our lessons from it. Against a Leverkusen team with excellent counter-attacking ability, you have to keep the pace high for 90 minutes, but we didn't do that. We still have a comfortable lead in the table."

Philipp Lahm: "Leverkusen's victory isn't undeserved, because they scored two goals. We let in a ridiculous and stupid opening goal, we fought back and made it 1-1, and then we let in an equally dumb second goal. We've failed to take points from the match."

Manuel Neuer: "The decisive factor was Leverkusen's very good defending. We practically scored the goals against ourselves. They were unfortunate situations compounded by a great deal of bad luck. We should perhaps criticise ourselves for not taking the lead. At the start, Leverkusen came here and tried to play football, but we should have been scoring the first goal. Instead we were forced to come from behind. We gave it everything we had in the second half and tried to salvage something. The defeat wasn't due to our attitude."

Sascha Lewandowski (Leverkusen coach): "Congratulations to my team. They really threw themselves into it today, and we had that little bit of luck you always need here. It's definitely a special victory. The pressure applied by Bayern after the break was extreme and overwhelming. We held them off with unbelievable stability and unbelievable fighting spirit, and even scored a winning goal - a lucky one without a shadow of a doubt."

Simon Rolfes (Bayer Leverkusen captain): "It's a special victory, because I've never won against Bayern with Leverkusen. Leverkusen's last victory here was a long, long time ago, so I'm delighted all the talk [of a jinx] is over now. We set out our stall in defence, but we were always dangerous on the break, so it's not an undeserved victory."

Stefan Kießling (Bayer Leverkusen): "We grafted our way to victory. It maybe wasn't entirely deserved, but every single one of us put up stiff resistance, and luckily we scored the second goal."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: We won't be knocked off course

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Huh, a loss with well-reasoned and logical statements following it? IT'S EVEN WEIRDER THAN THE GOALS WE CONCEDED!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Return to Official FC Bayern News