You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: We played right into their hands

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: We played right into their hands

Postby FCBayernNews » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:00 am

The Bayern camp was downcast after the second half of the season began with a 3-1 defeat away to Borussia Mönchengladbach. "We made too many mistakes and we conceded silly goals," said skipper Philipp Lahm. Jupp Heynckes felt "we played right into their hands with the early goal, which was totally avoidable." Manuel Neuer took responsibility for Marco Reus's opener: "It was my mistake. I'm very sorry."

Reaction to Gladbach v Bayern:

Jupp Heynckes: "We played right into Mönchengladbach's hands with the early goal, which was totally avoidable. The turning point was their second, as they hit us on the break just before half-time after we gave away possession. It's always hard to stage a comeback against a team which defends so well, which is so well organised, and who defend with ten men across their own box. We enjoyed a huge amount of possession, but we never looked clinical enough in their penalty area."

Philipp Lahm: "We made too many mistakes and we conceded silly goals. You'll always be punished for that. We gave it everything in the second half, but they hit us on the break yet again. You can have as many outstanding mid-season training periods as you like, but what matters is the first game after the winter break. We failed to maintain our momentum today. Our main rivals - apart from us being our own worst enemies - remain Dortmund."

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "We gifted them the first goal. For the second and third, we unnecessarily lost possession during the build-up. Gladbach just defended and waited to counter-attack - we made mistakes, and they exploited them well. We tried to do something about it, but it wasn't easy against such a defensive Gladbach team. Unfortunately, the pitch was a catastrophe too. That makes it easier for a team to defend than to take the initiative."

Manuel Neuer: "The first goal was my mistake. I wanted to clear it long and to the right, towards Arjen Robben and Thomas Müller. I miskicked, and it was simple for Marco Reus after that. I'm very sorry. I set us on our way to defeat with a misplaced pass. Obviously, I'm gutted."

Lucien Favre (Gladbach coach): "I'm very, very pleased. Winning 3-1 against Bayern is very, very good. It's always tough against Bayern. They have real, international class on the ball. Our aim today was to defend well and counter-attack well - and my players did that very well indeed. Our goal is to keep collecting points, to fight for every point in every game. We have a good team, or we wouldn't be where we are now. But six months ago, we were 16th in the table, so we have to keep our feet on the ground."

Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Gladbach keeper): "It always feels good when you beat Bayern. It's important we keep taking each game as it comes. We're focused on the times when it matters - out on the field. Everyone's giving his all for everyone else, and that's why we're getting the results. I think we deserved to win, we kept it tight and disciplined in defence, and we took our chances. That's how we want it to continue."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Heynckes: We played right into their hands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Agreed with all Bayern comments. We lost this one on our own. It is very annoying, especially since Dortmund and Schalke can catch up to us if they win, but losing in such a way shows that we do not need to hit the panic button (as some here have done). Our mistakes today can and will be solved without the need to buy anyone, although I wouldn't object to that.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:45 pm

No they can't. Dortmund, despite all the hype, is still the gimmick team they were before and will continue to drop points where unexpected. Schalke is not a gimmick team, but that only makes them easier for us to beat. I would rate our chances still a solid 80%, as long as the reaction mimics that of the first Gladbach defeat. We have some good fixtures coming up now, and hopefully we'll be in full gear once we play the Ruhr duo.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:28 pm

quaazi wrote:No they can't. Dortmund, despite all the hype, is still the gimmick team they were before and will continue to drop points where unexpected. Schalke is not a gimmick team, but that only makes them easier for us to beat. I would rate our chances still a solid 80%, as long as the reaction mimics that of the first Gladbach defeat. We have some good fixtures coming up now, and hopefully we'll be in full gear once we play the Ruhr duo.

I meant that they can be level with us on points after this weekend, not at the end of the season. Schalke have already caught up today.

I agree with you about our chances of winning the title.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News