You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: We fully deserved the win

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: We fully deserved the win

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Bayern toiled at times on Saturday but finished deserved 2-0 winners against VfL Wolfsburg. The Reds' first win of the second half of the season means they stay top of the Bundesliga, ahead of champions Borussia Dortmund. "The victory will boost our confidence, and we'll take it from here over the next few weeks," boss Jupp Heynckes said afterwards.

Reaction to Bayern v Wolfsburg

Jupp Heynckes: "I thought the win was fully deserved. It wasn't easy today after the defeat in Gladbach. However, we created some good chances, especially in the first half, and we were patient. In defence, we allowed them very little indeed. It was clear that Wolfsburg wouldn't be able to keep us out for the full 90 minutes. The victory will boost our confidence, and we'll take it from here over the next few weeks. There's a lot of footballing potential at Bayern"

Philipp Lahm: "There's no question we can play better football, and we didn't score at the moments that would have mattered. In the first half, we made three excellent chances against a very defensive team. If one of them had gone in, it would have broken their resistance. We didn't manage that today, but we can still be satisfied with a 2-0 win at home. And we've kept a clean sheet again today, so everything's fine."

Arjen Robben: "I guess it wasn't a very good game. But we were aggressive today, and that's the starting point for everything else."

Felix Magath (VfL Wolfsburg coach): "We gave a very good account of ourselves until we went a goal down. I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed. With a little more courage, we might have scored from one of our handful of openings. At the end of the day, it was a deserved win for Bayern, although we've also taken a step forwards today. I was very pleased indeed with my new players."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News