You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Heynckes: Our attitude was good

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Heynckes: Our attitude was good

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Bayern came from behind to salvage a point in Hamburg, "and I'm satisfied with my players' determination, attitude and concentration," Jupp Heynckes said afterwards. However, the 66-year-old was not pleased with the result: "We came here to win." Thomas Müller said he was "disappointed and annoyed, but on the other hand, we can't say it was a poor display, so we're caught between two stools".

Reaction to Hamburg v Bayern:

Jupp Heynckes: "I'm satisfied with my players' determination, attitude and concentration, but we came here to win. That's what we demand as a team. We had to work really hard after going a goal down. Drobny made a few good saves. We deserved the equaliser, but we should have applied more pressure after that. But we're finding that hard at the moment: on the one hand we were hurried, on the other the final pass went astray. We're a little short of confidence. We'd rather be top of the table of course, but it all doesn't mean much at this stage."

Ivica Olic: "Hamburg's pressing game was very good. It was hard for us to get forward. After they scored, they pulled everyone back. We improved in the second half and equalised, but unfortunately we couldn't go on to win. But I think a point is OK after wou've been 1-0 down away from home. I'm personally in good shape and delighted about scoring."

Thomas Müller: "To finish as champions, you have to win a lot of matches. So I'm immensely annoyed about the draw, because we could have come away with more. After a match like that, you don't quite know where you stand. disappointed and annoyed, but on the other hand, we can't say it was a poor display, so we're caught between two stools."

Thorsten Fink (Hamburg coach): "Our plan was to keep it tight at the back get at them from time to time up front, and that's what we did. Bayern were obviously going to have more of the play after we went 1-0 up, but I think we actually had the better of the chances after that. After they equalised, I was pleased with the way my team went back on the attack and clearly still wanted to win the game. Every one of my players put in very, very good work."

Heiko Westermann (Hamburg captain): "It's a game we could have won. After Bayern's totally deserved equaliser, we had two great chances to make it 2-1."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News