You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franck Ribéry: Football is my whole life

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Franck Ribéry: Football is my whole life

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:50 pm

The first FCB.tv video chat of 2012 featured a genuinely star name, as Franck Ribéry, the man of the match in last Saturday's 2-0 victory over Wolfsburg, called by the Säbener Strasse studios to take questions from FCB fans live on air. The winger was on sparkling form and even revealed a few facts about his private life. fcbayern.de reviews the French international's fascinating chat session.

Franck Ribéry on...

...how he started out in football: "I was walking at the age of nine months, which is very early. Even then, my dad and I played with a ball. He was a footballer, not at a very high level, but I always watched him on Saturday or sometimes when he trained. Later on, I still had a ball with me all the time, at school or out on the streets. Football is my whole life, I love it and it makes me happy."

...his best friend in the dressing room: "I get on well with everyone, but the man I have the most contact with is Daniel van Buyten. He speaks French, which obviously makes it easy for me. But in general, I have a good relationship with all the players, we all enjoy ourselves and laugh together."

...his current form: "I feel really good, and I think I put in some very good work in the training camp in Qatar. Unfortunately, I didn't play a lot in the mid-season friendlies, because the coach wanted the team for the first match in Gladbach to play together as much as possible. I then had 85 minutes against Wolfsburg, and I'm very, very satisfied. What I need now is a little more rhythm."

...the next match against Hamburg: "It won't be easy. Just over a week ago, they lost 5-1 at home to Dortmund. They have lots of problems, but they're not a bad team. We need to be very focused and aggressive. We have to fight our way to victory, because it would be important."

...the Bundesliga title race: "Four teams are in it at the moment. I think it'll remain very tough. We have to focus on ourselves and win as many games as possible. I think our toughest rivals are Dortmund and Schalke."

...Bayern's chances of reaching the Champions League final: "It's one of my biggest targets, and it would also be a dream come true. I hope we can do it, but it's incredibly difficult. As a first step, we have to win our next fixture against Basel, and then let's see what happens."

...whether he would rather play for Germany than France: "No, I'm French and I'm delighted when I play for my national team. But obviously, Germany have a great team right now, with a number of Bayern players. And soon enough, they have a friendly against us in Bremen [on 29 February], that'll be a great game."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News