You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Defiant Van Buyten: I'll be back

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Defiant Van Buyten: I'll be back

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:00 pm

The big chill spreading across northern Europe from Russia has prompted the stars to wrap up warm for training this week. Some have covered their faces, and others have applied deep heat to their legs, although even with temperatures dropping to as low as -10, Jerome Boateng made do with gloves and a balaclava. "We have to work much harder in the warm-up, to avoid pulling a muscle," he reported.

Daniel van Buyten is currently spared that risk. During the breaks in his medical treatment, the Belgian is watching his team-mates at work from out of the Säbener Strasse Performance Center window. The centre-half fractured a metatarsal in the Bundesliga restart fixture away to Gladbach and remains some way off playing football, as he can still only get about on crutches.

The injury could not have come at a worse time for the likeable player, as his partner Celine gave birth to the couple's second child in the early hours of Tuesday morning. "I always wanted a boy, and now I have one, so I'm truly delighted," Van Buyten said on Wednesday afternoon after a "demanding night" in hospital. The delivery had gone well, the player reported.

Indeed, Daniel was beaming from ear to ear when he spoke of his family, although his expression clouded when reporters asked about his current injury. "I'm trying to forget my misfortune, and concentrate instead on the slice of good luck which means I'll have more time at home." The birth of Lee-Roy was enough to make him all but forget the broken metatarsal, he said.

Date for comeback uncertain

However, memories of the injury naturally came flooding back with every question posed by reporters, and every glance at his swollen foot. "I'm having a lot of treatment to bring down the swelling. Fortunately, I'm hardly feeling any pain," the player reported. He is not yet contemplating the timing of his comeback: "I'm not planning anything, and I don't have any sports rehab goals at the present time. All I can do is listen to the physios and let the medics decide."

Van Buyten sustained the serious injury 12 days ago in a tussle with Gladbach striker Marco Reus. "I knew at once that something had gone. My foot was twisted in my boot," the centre-back recalled. He attempted to grit his teeth and carry on, "but after just a few steps I knew it was impossible. The bone had moved and the pain was getting worse." Daniel was substituted and underwent surgery in Munich the following day.

Fighting to be fit

The Belgian international faces several weeks on the sidelines, with a two-month lay-off being the norm for this kind of injury. His team-mates will seek to fill the Van Buyten-shaped gap at the heart of defence until his return, when he is determined to hit the ground running: "I'll be back," he declared, "this isn't a new situation for me, and I know the character I am. The season is far from over."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Defiant Van Buyten: I'll be back

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:05 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:"I'll be back,"

:mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:32 pm

-10? Hah! It's -20 over here, and this is a warm winter!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:18 pm

quaazi wrote:-10? Hah! It's -20 over here, and this is a warm winter!

... and here I am feeling cold in my room (the thermometer is saying 15.5C)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Holy christ they're predicting -35 for Sunday! I've already got a cold, so I am definitely not going to even peek outside. No, stocking up on blankets and watching the Bayern game is good enough for me.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:02 pm

To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby wadie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:19 pm

He'll be back,eh? =D>
wadie
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News