You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Coach: We'll need our best possible performance

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Coach: We'll need our best possible performance

Postby FCBayernNews » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:40 pm

The Bundesliga roars back into life after the winter break with Friday evening's meeting between Borussia Mönchengladbach and Bayern. Just days before the eagerly-awaited restart clash, Jupp Heynckes took time out to speak to FCB.tv. The head coach covered a range of topics, including the visit to his former club, mid-season training, the potential line-up for Friday, and Breno's Twitter indiscretion.

Jupp Heynckes on...

...the first fixture of the New Year: "We're delighted it starts again on Friday, against a team which has had a magnificent last 12 months. They managed to avoid relegation, and they're now four points behind us in the table. They're very hard to play against. They have an outstanding defensive system, they allow you very few chances, and they've let in very few goals. On top of that, it's traditionally a fixture full of action and incident. Bayern Munich visiting Mönchengladbach is always very special."

...his former club Mönchengladbach: "I grew up in Gladbach as a player, I took my first steps as a coach there, I have a very good relationship with the current board of directors, and I know lots of people at the club. But for all that, a professional sportsman or coach naturally sets aside friendships for the 90 minutes, that's very clear indeed."

...the mid-season period: "During the remaining couple of days, we'll briefly speak once again about everything: pressing, passing, positional play, attacking moves and so on. These are the automatic things, but you have to go back over them again and again when you've not played for a while. It's looking very good in training and we've had an excellent winter period. But despite that, different rules apply once the league restarts. The pace is much higher, and the pressure is back on. My players know full well how hard they'll have to concentrate on Friday. We need to summon up the best possible performance, as individuals and as a team."

...the potential starting line-up in Gladbach: "Obviously, a team starts to emerge, although we'll have to wait and see about the situation with Bastian Schweinsteiger. He has minor tendon problems in his knee. If he's fit to play, I have a good idea of my probable starting line-up."

...Breno's use of Twitter: "It was clearly agreed he'd turn out for the reserves to gain match practice, so I was extremely surprised at the opinion he then decided to express. We spoke early this morning, and he assured me it was a misunderstanding and he was very sorry about it. He apologised for it, and the matter is closed. The lad has to understand that he mustn't broadcast his thoughts, feelings and emotions to the world. It's not on. I understand he may have been disappointed not to come with us to Erfurt, but he should have told me, and I'd have taken him along."
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News