You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borowski upbeat after first six months

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Borowski upbeat after first six months

Postby FCBayernNews » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Only two members of the FCB squad have played more often, and only two have scored more goals - Tim Borowski is justifiably pleased with his first half-season at Bayern. "I've had plenty of games, so I can certainly be satisfied," said the 28-year-old, the only new arrival in Munich last summer alongside number two keeper Jörg Butt.

Borowski chose the final match of the first half of the league programme to underline his quality as a goal-scoring midfielder, levelling the scores at 1-1 in Stuttgart. He then laid on Luca Toni's goal to put his side into the lead with a lively thrust and precise cross. "I'd have enjoyed it a lot more if we'd come home with all three points," the player reflected after the home side grabbed a last-minute equaliser.

The former Werder Bremen stalwart has a total of seven goals to his name since making the switch to FCB last July, and is the only man at the club to have scored in all three competitions. Moreover, with the exception of his late brace in the 5-2 defeat to Bremen, they have all been vital goals. For example, Borowski earned his side a point in Florence and Dortmund with equalisers to make the final score 1-1 on both occasions.

However, the campaign got away to a less than perfect start for the new arrival, as he missed almost the entire pre-season programme with twisted knee ligaments. Borowski still managed appearances in 23 of the 25 matches so far, although he started only eight of them. Jürgen Klinsmann described the decision to name the 28-year-old among his subs as "hard. He's knocking at the door and wants to come in," the head coach admitted a few weeks ago.

Borowski will embark on a new effort to claim a regular starting berth in January, desperately hoping to avoid injury this time round. He has no regrets about leaving Bremen. "It was the right move, and an important one for my career," he stated a couple of weeks ago.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Official FC Bayern News