You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Arjen's done it

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Arjen's done it

Postby FCBayernNews » Thu May 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Thursday marks the four-year anniversary of the Champions League final at Wembley. Arjen Robben scored the match-winner on 25 May 2013, making himself immortal for the Bayern faithful. The fans regularly honour the man and his goal with their chant Der Arjen hat's gemacht (Arjen's done it).

Every Bayern fan remembers the 89th minute, when the Dutch ace made it 2-1 against Borussia Dortmund. Franck Ribéry connects to a long ball by Jérome Boateng, conjuring up a cunning back-heel. The ball evades Mats Hummels, a BVB pro then, and Lukasz Pisczek, with Neven Subotic stumbling. Up steps Robben to slot the ball past netminder Roman Weidenfeller. The ball keeps rolling for seemingly endless seconds until trundling over the line to send the crowd into raptures.

After losing two finals, Bayern had finally won the Champions League. Robben was brimming with joy after the final whistle, and the fans rewarded him with a chant especially for him.

In the ‘Looking Back’ series, fcbayern.com will be presenting regular snapshots from the photo archives for fans to enjoy.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Arjen's done it

Postby Borusse » Thu May 25, 2017 3:40 pm

Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Fri May 26, 2017 3:50 pm

To be honest, I'm a bit annoyed at all these throwbacks to that day. It was a huge day for us to win the CL, but the attitude of going back in time every single occasion doesn't really speak of how "big" we are as a club. It feels as if that was a once in a lifetime trophy.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri May 26, 2017 5:07 pm

MoFattal wrote:To be honest, I'm a bit annoyed at all these throwbacks to that day. It was a huge day for us to win the CL, but the attitude of going back in time every single occasion doesn't really speak of how "big" we are as a club. It feels as if that was a once in a lifetime trophy.

Considering no other club in football history was ever so dominant in a football season, then yes, it was a once in a lifetime achievement.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 26, 2017 5:24 pm

MoFattal wrote:To be honest, I'm a bit annoyed at all these throwbacks to that day. It was a huge day for us to win the CL, but the attitude of going back in time every single occasion doesn't really speak of how "big" we are as a club. It feels as if that was a once in a lifetime trophy.

Was thinking the same thing. When I first saw the Facebook post yesterday my first thought was "and we could be playing for it again next week but we're not". Although it's still nice to remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:36 pm

Face it, we'll remember this for a long time...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Return to Official FC Bayern News