You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alaba retains Austrian Player of the Year crown

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Alaba retains Austrian Player of the Year crown

Postby FCBayernNews » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:45 pm

What an accolade for Bayern pro David Alaba! The left-back has been named Austrian Player of the Year for the sixth time in a row. The 24-year-old won the poll conducted by news agency APA among the ten head coaches in the Austrian top flight by a large margin.

"It's a great honour for me," commented Alaba, who won with 22 points, three ahead of Leicester City's Christian Fuchs. RB Leipzig's Marcel Sabitzer came third on 12 points with Marko Marko Arnautovic of Stoke City fourth on 11 points.

"Player of the Year six times in a row, that tells you everything. David is by far the best Austrian player," commented Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on Alaba's honour. "We're proud and happy that David has been playing for FC Bayern for such a long time, and that he'll stay in Munich for a long time."

Bayern head coach Carlo Ancelotti too was delighted for Alaba. "It's a great recognition of his outstanding and consistent performance over many years," the Italian declared. Alaba now tops the all-time roll of honourwith six triumphs, ahead of four-time winner Ivica Vastic. Alaba won the German double for the fourth time and advanced to the Champions League semi-finals with FC Bayern last season.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Alaba retains Austrian Player of the Year crown

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:05 pm

Damn, 24yo and already such a decorated player. Hope he can add a few CL trophies before he leaves Bayern in 10 more years

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:43 pm

Well to be fair there's really no one else who's world class :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:13 pm

Austria might as well award him this is perpetuity (or at least as long as he is playing)!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Official FC Bayern News