You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Alaba and Robben fit for cup trip

News that's automatically retrieved from the official FC Bayern Munich website.

Alaba and Robben fit for cup trip

Postby FCBayernNews » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:00 pm

Prior to Saturday's DFB Cup trip to Chemnitzer FC, Carlo Ancelotti announced positive news from the FC Bayern medical unit. "Arjen Robben and David Alaba are fit. They won't start, but I could bring them on from the bench," the Italian told Friday's press conference at the Säbener Straße facility.

The return of the injured pair hands Ancelotti additional options for the second competitive match of the new season. The 67-year-old could not give definite comeback dates for any of the other players currently on the injury roster, so the meeting with the third-tier side will definitely not feature Manuel Neuer, Jérôme Boateng, Javi Martinez, James Rodriguez, Thiago and Juan Bernat.

No risks

"They're all pursuing individual training programmes. I hope they'll be back as soon as possible," Ancelotti remarked. In the case of Neuer, the coach said, "it's all going according to plan. He's already back working with [goalkeeping coach] Toni Tapalovic and we'll see if there's a reaction over the next few days. We'll take a decision after that."

The World's Best Keeper is not out of contention for next week's Bundesliga restart fixture against Bayer Leverkusen, the Italian continued, "but I won't take any risks." That is the case not only with Neuer but also all the other injured players. "They have muscular injuries or have been out for a long time, like Neuer and Boateng. They'll only play once they're 100 percent fit. We have two [Bundesliga] matches and then an international break, so they can continue their recoveries then," Ancelotti stated.
FCBayernNews
News fetcher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Alaba and Robben fit for cup trip

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:05 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:The World's Best Keeper is not out of contention for next week's Bundesliga restart fixture against Bayer Leverkusen, the Italian continued, "but I won't take any risks."

So we went from a claim that he will definitely play in the Bundesliga restart and now there's doubt.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Alaba and Robben fit for cup trip

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:16 pm

FCBayernNews wrote:Prior to Saturday's DFB Cup trip to Chemnitzer FC, Carlo Ancelotti announced positive news from the FC Bayern medical unit. "Arjen Robben and David Alaba are fit. They won't start, but I could bring them on from the bench," the Italian told Friday's press conference at the Säbener Straße facility.

The return of the injured pair hands Ancelotti additional options for the second competitive match of the new season. The 67-year-old could not give definite comeback dates for any of the other players currently on the injury roster, so the meeting with the third-tier side will definitely not feature Manuel Neuer, Jérôme Boateng, Javi Martinez, James Rodriguez, Thiago and Juan Bernat.

No risks

"They're all pursuing individual training programmes. I hope they'll be back as soon as possible," Ancelotti remarked. In the case of Neuer, the coach said, "it's all going according to plan. He's already back working with [goalkeeping coach] Toni Tapalovic and we'll see if there's a reaction over the next few days. We'll take a decision after that."

The World's Best Keeper is not out of contention for next week's Bundesliga restart fixture against Bayer Leverkusen, the Italian continued, "but I won't take any risks." That is the case not only with Neuer but also all the other injured players. "They have muscular injuries or have been out for a long time, like Neuer and Boateng. They'll only play once they're 100 percent fit. We have two [Bundesliga] matches and then an international break, so they can continue their recoveries then," Ancelotti stated.

67 years old ? Carlo is 58 years old.What a shame.
Bruh,who is writing these "news" ? They should be fired.
IsiahRashad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Return to Official FC Bayern News