You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Would you donate money to this site?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Would you donate money to improve the board?

A) Yes
38%
B) No
16%
C) Depends on cost and my financial situation
47%

Total votes : 32

Would you donate money to this site?

Postby tracylynn » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:16 pm

It seems like a lot of folks want to change the board, whether it would be changing the color scheme or adding a fast reply button or other things, and to do that it would cost money. How many members would be willing to donate money to help improve the board? I'm not asking for anyone to say how much they would donate because we all have different financial situations, I'm just asking who would donate.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:17 pm

I voted yes. It would be neat if somehow we could get a board that's in Bayern colors. :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:18 am

cheers for this thread :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:08 am

So far, I'm the only one who has voted.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Sam » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:37 am

I voted yes. Although I am a poor student. :)
"Some people think football is a matter of life or death, but it's far more important than that." - Bill Shankley
Sam
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:48 am

Sam wrote:I voted yes. Although I am a poor student. :)

You're not the only poor student on this board. :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby kevh26 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:09 am

doesn't matter if you are a student, I haven't been a full time student for 3 years... still poor!

as per the topic, yeah I'd donate, although I feel it may be a better idea, if Mark set a target that needs to be attained in order to make running and improving the site cost neutral... if this were constantly advertised, at least we'd know how much we're helping!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:18 pm

kevh26 wrote:doesn't matter if you are a student, I haven't been a full time student for 3 years... still poor!

as per the topic, yeah I'd donate, although I feel it may be a better idea, if Mark set a target that needs to be attained in order to make running and improving the site cost neutral... if this were constantly advertised, at least we'd know how much we're helping!

I agree. Mark can set up a Paypal account (if he doesn't have one already) and advertise it somewhere on the board, and he can either post the financial report each month or have a weekly or daily advertisement of what is in the bank and what the goal is. I know one of the boards that I belong to does this and it's nice to know.

Also, any excess money can be used for other things such as contests or betting. One site I belong to does the betting thing and the place bets on everything such as who was the father of Anna Nicole Smith's daughter? LOL!! Then again, this board has over a thousand members so it's easy to do something like that.

I was thinking that any contests we can have the prizes can be from the Bayern fan shop. Prizes such as posters, caps, books, DVD, steins, etc. The excess money is used to buy one of those items and then Mark can have a contest to see who will win the prize. If somehow possible then prehaps that contest can be held twice a year, at the beginning of the season and at the end of the season.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby kevh26 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:57 pm

another option is always an auction type even on occasion, any excess monies can be put towards buying a particular item (signed shirt from ebay for example) and after that either a competition or auction to bring in more, if in the case of an auction that money can be offset against the running cost of the boards

also can i just point out, that i've been on the sauce all day and just returned from the town (yes i know its early) but i can still type quite legitimate messages!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:32 pm

kevh26 wrote:another option is always an auction type even on occasion, any excess monies can be put towards buying a particular item (signed shirt from ebay for example) and after that either a competition or auction to bring in more, if in the case of an auction that money can be offset against the running cost of the boards

also can i just point out, that i've been on the sauce all day and just returned from the town (yes i know its early) but i can still type quite legitimate messages!

Suace? What kind of sauce are you on? A-1 sauce? BBQ sauce? :D Just having fun with you.

Auction wouldn't be too bad of an idea either.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:40 pm

Well, this doesn't look good. Only five votes so far. :cry: Mark, I guess you got your answer.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:07 pm

No I wouldn´t. Don´t have any extra money and If I had I´d spend it on other things...sorry.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SweetLeisha » Thu May 03, 2007 11:03 am

I voted the 3rd depending on how much will cost.
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:10 am

i would be happy to send a small donation, but probably only do it by post though i suppose that would be pointless.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SweetLeisha » Thu May 03, 2007 11:12 am

Post? You mean post by postman?
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to The Lounge