You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Worst Fullback for Bayern

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Worst Fullback for Bayern

Postby appudds » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:12 am

StrikingMidfield wrote:Yeah I agree with you on both points there, Braafheid but closely followed by Oddo. And on Rafinha, I don't think it's that he's bad he just lost form when Lahm moved position and well, Lahm is Lahm, one of the best defenders to play this game When Rafinha gets some minutes he's usually solid, but I certainly wouldn't trust him in a important match, mainly because I just haven't seen much of him. I would say, Loan him to a lower level team, maybe someone in the EPL for a season and see what happens.

Rafinha in his first season in the first few matches were awesome. He even scored a goal in the CL.
But his problem is that he cannot balance attack and defense. He mostly attacks. But forgets to track back and defend. The opponents utilized this drawback and punished Bayern. And he didn't improve on that aspect. As log as he doesn't work on this, he will never start.

For others, Firefox1234 and BayernLove predicted Rafinha because the name of the thread was initially "Worst Fullback of the Decade for Bayern".
I later removed the decade part.

quaazi wrote:how were our wingbacks before Liza and Sagnol? I know we have a fair few guys from those days.

Even I wanted to know this. Any old Bayern fans here who can give inputs on our fullbacks before Willy and Liza?
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Chalant » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:56 am

Its obviously Braafheid
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Element » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:41 am

Braafheid by far
Oddo and Lell were even Levels Higher than Braafheid
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:56 am

Well I never saw them play but I think Schwarzenbeck was a wide defender, and Breitner also played LB at times.

If we were to pick the best I'd say it's probably still between Lahm and Lizarazu though. Especially in Lahm's time, the full-back position has become a much harder one to play in the modern game.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:40 am

quaazi wrote:The post-French era really hit us hard...

how were our wingbacks before Liza and Sagnol? I know we have a fair few guys from those days.

I recall we had Christian Ziege on the left, not sure about the right flank.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCB general » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:54 am

Two guys are not here... ANDREAS GÖRLITZ and TOBIAS RAU! :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm

1- Braafheid
2- Lell
3- Oddo

Pranjic had some decent performances. He was not bad at all in home games where he could partner Ribery upfront
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Considering Lell part of the worst fullback in bayern, instead of Pranjic and Contento... #-o
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby JJJ » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Contento, WHAT THE ****?
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 pm

JJJ wrote:Contento, WHAT THE ****?

WHAT THE **** with all of you that are against Lell... Thats my answer to all of you.

Lell was great in the season 07/08, playing 44 games of 54 possible, enough for help bayern to win a bundesliga and being part of the defensive line less beated in bundesliga history.

He saved us that season, replacing very well Sagnol that was injured and was the favorite for Hitzfeld over other players like Jansen, the one who really sucks. His contribution at bayern was greater than your Pranjic, Contento,Jansen and Oddo, and all of you put those 4 fullbacks better than LELL..

WHAT THE **** WITH YOU GUYS.. :evil:

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Last time I checked, that season you mentioned saw a heavily strengthened Bayern playing in a weakened league and the UEFA Cup. Lell was also present in the season after, featuring in the team that was ripped apart by Barcelona. Contento shone the season after that, and was even more impressive than Alaba, who cost Bayern the game versus Frankfurt. Contento also played a lot in LVG's last season, as well as featuring impressively versus Chelsea in the CL.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:37 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Last time I checked, that season you mentioned saw a heavily strengthened Bayern playing in a weakened league and the UEFA Cup. Lell was also present in the season after, featuring in the team that was ripped apart by Barcelona. Contento shone the season after that, and was even more impressive than Alaba, who cost Bayern the game versus Frankfurt. Contento also played a lot in LVG's last season, as well as featuring impressively versus Chelsea in the CL.

I recognize the good performances that had Contento in his few games played, but he, with Oddo, Jansen, and Goerltiz did not make more contribution to bayern as Lell did, so in unfair to put him as one of the worst.

And unfortunately that your excuse for devaluate his contribution in the season 07/08 was just because for you this bundesliga had weak teams.

All of your are so unfair for a player that gave us more than most of your favorite fullbacks.

Another thing to consider is that after the season 07/08 when he was playing well, he suffered many injuries that did not allow him to recover his level.

And for me the ones that can be at a top of Lell are Sagnol, Lahm, Lizarazu and Alaba, but no the other ones...

The worst fullbacks that really were in bayern are:

1) Braafheid
2) Oddo
3) Pranjic

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Contento was never really given a consistent starting spot to prove himself. To add insult to injury he injures himself in opportune moments.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Braafheid...without any competition really...there is really no debate about it:)

Lell had solid season as RB, Pranjic could actually cross and go forward from time to time, even Oddo had some good games and was quite solid at times. Braafheid was just the worst full back I have ever seen....not just in Bayern.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby AssemFCB » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 pm

To think Braafheid played a World Cup Final and everyone else on this list didn't....
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge