You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World richest clubs

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

World richest clubs

Postby fa » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:14 pm

1. (1) Real Madrid (Spa) 292 miljoen euro
2. (6) Barcelona (Spa) 259
3. (4) Juventus (Ita) 251
4. (2) Manchester United (Eng) 242
5. (3) AC Milan (Ita) 239
6. (5) Chelsea (Eng) 221
7. (9) Internazionale (Ita) 207
8. (7) Bayern München (Dui) 205
9. (10) Arsenal (Eng) 192
10. ( Liverpool (Eng) 176
11. (15) Olympique Lyon (Fra) 128
12. (11) AS Roma (Ita) 127
13. (12) Newcastle United (Eng) 124
14 (14) Schalke 04 (Dui) 123
15. (13) Tottenham Hotspur (Eng) 107
16. (--) Hamburger SV (Dui) 102
17. (17) Manchester City (Eng) 89
18. (--) Glasgow Rangers (Sch) 88
19. (--) West Ham United (Eng) 87
20. (--) Benfica (Por) 85
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fa » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:20 pm

I was amazed that we still are in the top 10, because nowadays all the top clubs got a rich president or are being taken over by some Americans looking for another adventure :shock:

Bayern are one of the few topclubs who are really financial healthy. But still we get far less money from Broadcasting rights etc. Hoeness mentioned a few days earlier that a no-participation at the CL next year would mean a 15 million loss of income. But the real question is: How long can we compete with these top clubs?? Because there is also the effect on the transfers, Bayern just cant and wont compete with the big clubs. So how to seduice foreign talent to join Bayern??

So do you think Bayern should splash the cash more often, in pursuit of CL glory?
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Should Bayern splash the cash for CL glory? In a word, yes. I don't mean Chelsea-style where they should get a whole new squad of stars and try to put them together, thats a little absurd. But one or two choice superstars that can lift a whole team along with a great manager (Hitzfeld works) are basically needed for Bayern to be having a realistic shot at the CL every year. Our squad right now is capable of doing it, but it's more a Porto 2004 kind of capable than a Barca 2006/7 capable. Plus, having those stars are going to make people more likely to want to see Bayern play, theoretically bringing up those TV revenues that the Bayern brass are always complaining they don't see enough of. You've got to give to recieve.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:44 pm

I agree. What worries me is that we get further behind every year.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:32 pm

These are actually revenues..
If they look at the profits..I am sure Bayern will be in the top 3 or 5. :D..

we are always in the top 3. Financially, we are the best managed club.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:46 am

fanOfBayern wrote:These are actually revenues..
If they look at the profits..I am sure Bayern will be in the top 3 or 5. :D..

we are always in the top 3. Financially, we are the best managed club.

Yeah, that's true. I think we had a thread on it a long time back.

Though Bayern is one the richest the problem is the high tax laws in Germany and the fact that the teams in the Bundesliga don't get a lot of revenue from the broadcast of the games. Bayern may have the money but there are factors (tax laws and the fact that a lot of top players don't seem interested in playing for a team in the Bundesliga) that prevent them from getting those top, high paying athletes.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:13 pm

While no one can argue with the perceived lack of appeal of the Bundesliga, I don't see how taxes really pose a problem for Bayern signing players. Even if taxes are way higher in Germany than other countries (I have no knowledge of that issue besides what I hear Uli and KHR saying) the amounts of money we're talking about for these players I would think make taxes a non-issue. Are taxes that much higher over there that these players can't afford another Ferrari in Germany but they can in Spain? I have no idea but it can't be THAT bad. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:58 pm

Any updates on the World richest clubs ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MunchenFC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:12 am

Munich should be #1!!
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:18 am

FCBinNYC wrote:While no one can argue with the perceived lack of appeal of the Bundesliga, I don't see how taxes really pose a problem for Bayern signing players. Even if taxes are way higher in Germany than other countries (I have no knowledge of that issue besides what I hear Uli and KHR saying) the amounts of money we're talking about for these players I would think make taxes a non-issue. Are taxes that much higher over there that these players can't afford another Ferrari in Germany but they can in Spain? I have no idea but it can't be THAT bad. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I used to live in Germany for a couple of years and indeed the taxes over there
are much higher compared to other european countries .
Thats why a large amount of germans are moving to Switzerland cuz
the taxes in ger are that bad .
Last edited by MrLinky on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 am

MILAN, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Germany's Bundesliga is likely to overtake Italy's Serie A as the second richest European league this season, a report said on Wednesday.

The Italian top flight is expected to generate 1.43 billion euros ($2.1 billion) in revenue in the 2008/09 season, second only to England's Premier League, according to a study by the StageUp sport business research firm.
However, the third-placed Bundesliga, just 10 million euros behind the Italian top division in the projection, may surpass Serie A if German clubs succeed in the Champions League.

"The narrow margin between the two leagues may be closed if the German clubs competing in the Champions League achieve better results than the Italian clubs, earning higher UEFA prize money," Italy-based StageUp said in a statement.

Most of the revenue would come from television and sponsorship deals, ticketing, royalties and advertising, the report said.

In Italy, where many stadiums are in need of an overhaul, foreign investors are hesitant to put money into soccer clubs while a row over television rights risks overshadowing the start of the championship this weekend.

Revenues in Serie A are expected to fall by two percent from the previous season.

NAMING RIGHTS

"In order to close the gap on the Premier League and stop the Bundesliga's advance, Italy should invest more in stadiums to boost profits," StageUp president Giovanni Palazzi told Reuters.

"Profits may come from higher attendances in comfortable and safe facilities, as well as from stadium naming rights, which is very much developed in Germany," he added, noting that the Bundesliga had benefited from Germany hosting the World Cup in 2006.

Germany's top division is already the most profitable league in Europe with an operating margin of 18 percent, three times that of the Premier League, a recent report by Deloitte said.

The Bundesliga's good financial performance reflected its ability to keep players' wages under control while it also had the highest average attendances in Europe, almost double those in Italy, the StageUp report showed.

The Premier League continues to power ahead with estimated revenues of about 2.4 billion euros in the 2008/09 season, although player wages tend to consume most of the increase in revenue, according to StageUp.

Spain's Primera Liga comes fourth in terms of revenues because of a disparity between big and small clubs in the system of television rights sales, with only the dominant Real Madrid and Barcelona negotiating on an individual basis.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:34 am

StageUp has conducted a study of the revenues generated by the top European leagues - and found that England’s Premier League made €1billion more than Italy's Serie A, which enjoyed the second biggest proceeds.

According to StageUp’s findings, the Premier League earns €2.43billion per year, with Serie A second on €1.43billion.

Germany's Bundesliga was placed third, just behind Serie A, on €1.42billion.

Spain's La Liga (€1.35billion) and France's Ligue 1 (€1.04billion) completed the top five leagues.

But the study found that German teams lead the way in terms of major club sponsorship deals, averaging €6.9 million per club.

And the Bundesliga also boasts the highest average attendances - 40,000 fans per game.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:41 pm

MUTU wrote:StageUp has conducted a study of the revenues generated by the top European leagues - and found that England’s Premier League made €1billion more than Italy's Serie A, which enjoyed the second biggest proceeds.

According to StageUp’s findings, the Premier League earns €2.43billion per year, with Serie A second on €1.43billion.

Germany's Bundesliga was placed third, just behind Serie A, on €1.42billion.

Spain's La Liga (€1.35billion) and France's Ligue 1 (€1.04billion) completed the top five leagues.

But the study found that German teams lead the way in terms of major club sponsorship deals, averaging €6.9 million per club.

And the Bundesliga also boasts the highest average attendances - 40,000 fans per game.

Wow pretty impressive numbers for the Bundesliga .
I had no idea they do so good with sponsorship .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Re: Official UEFA Champions/Europa League discussion thread

Postby Element » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:52 pm

FORBES (Famous american magazine ) made a list of the most valuable football clubs in the world

1-Manchester united with 1424 Million euros (1,424 BILLION)

2-Real Madrid with 1030 million euro (1,03 Billion euros)

3-Arsenal with 914 million euros

4-FC BAYERN MUNCHEN with 845 million euros (YEAH TOP 5 )

5-FC Liverpool with 769 million euros

6-AC Milan with 754 million euros

7-Barcelona with 731 Million euros

8-Chelsea with 609 million euros

9-Juventus with 475 million euros

10-Schalke with 388 million euros (Schalke in top 10 !!!)

11-Tottenham with 339 million euros

12-Lyon with 322 million Euros

13-Roma with 290 million euros

14-Inter Milan with 281 million euros (WEIRD)

15-Hamburg with 251 million euros

16-Dortmund with 247 million euros

17-Manchester City with 236 million euros

18-Werder Bremen with 222 million euros

19-Newcastle with 217 million euros (WEIRD , it is not even a first division team)

20-Stuttgart with 201 million euros
==========================

Many German teams (More than italian ones !!)
Last edited by Element on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Re: Official UEFA Champions/Europa League discussion thread

Postby appudds » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:56 pm

BAYERN IN TOP 5!
HOPE THEY COME TO TOP 3!
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Next

Return to The Lounge