You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:45 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Funny because I just had this discussion/argument about democracy on Facebook. I flat out said democracy doesn't work, and the other person sarcasstically said we should do what you said in terms of discriminating voter groups, referring to fascist Germany and Russia in the 40s. I then argued that not everything should be made to a vote, at some point elected leaders should just call the decision and then my point was shifted to modern communism in China. It's hard to compromise.

This. I have similarly expressed a view about democracy not working on Facebook, while acknowledging that it's still our best option. But as you said, such a complex decision as this should not have been decided by a referendum.

The sad thing is that in a few months' time there is another major vote coming up on the other side of the Atlantic which is similarly likely to have disastrous consequences thanks to the masses. I bet that there will also be a huge age and ethnic discrepancy in that election too, as there was yesterday.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:46 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I want the EU to go back to its roots.......

What are its roots? Living in caves in the stone age?

I'm gutted about the result. Demographics in voting show that democracy is not fair. It's not fair that the 95 year old with a terminal disease can affect the 1 year or so he has left to live as much as the 18 year old who has some 75 years left to live with the decision. In my opinion, weighting should be applied to the vote, for example dividing the vote by the voter's age in referendums like this that affect the long term.

No to this ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_ ... _Community
No to a federal europe
no to an eu army
no to interference in national/economic affairs
no to uncontrolled immigration / and to uncontrolled free movement of ppl within the EU.

Why no? I say yes to all except for uncontrolled immigration.

Yes to unity, because it makes Europe friendlier and a better place to live.
Yes to a stronger army because it makes Europe more secure.
Yes to imposed EU laws, because I don't trust local politicians to do what's best for the country but the best for them gaining more votes in the next election.
Yes to uncontrolled free movement, because we now lost our right to find a job in the UK and would have to apply for a work permit.
Yes to not having to pay tax for imports/exports with the UK.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:55 am

You know what... let's forget England for a second, take Malta as an example...
I agree with quotas, for example Malta lacks scientists and engineers... but we have many IT techs and Accountants and sales. So we do not allow anyone to come and work here if he is not a scientist or an engineer.
Then after a couple of years for example we will be short of teachers and then we issue a call for teachers...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:02 am

ramsej84 wrote:You know what... let's forget England for a second, take Malta as an example...
I agree with quotas, for example Malta lacks scientists and engineers... but we have many IT techs and Accountants and sales. So we do not allow anyone to come and work here if he is not a scientist or an engineer.
Then after a couple of years for example we will be short of teachers and then we issue a call for teachers...

Malta lacks scientists because they all leave to go work abroad, something they'd find more troublesome to do if Malta was out of the EU.
Same thing with engineers... most of them have only one option, work at ST.
We don't have enough IT guys, in fact a lot of IT guys are coming to work in Malta.
If you stop them, the local IT companies will suffer because they can't find properly qualified people and will have to employ under-qualified personnel. How is that good for the company, especially if they're trying to compete in an international environment, e.g. selling software around the world?

I work in IT. I like it that currently I can easily find a job in another EU country. UK has just become troublesome. Tell me why that is a good thing for me. Also tell me why I should rejoice about having to pay tax if I want to buy something from the UK?

Do you know who is rejoicing in Malta? The people who import cars from Japan, because cars imported from the UK will start to cost more money. The fact we drive on the left limits us to (mostly) those two countries for car imports.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:03 am

The thing is that these workers, especially the IT ones, may have much greater opportunities abroad not only in personal terms, but also in terms of ability to contribute. I know someone who just turned 20 this week but is extremely capable at coding and has founded a mobile app company. He could have chosen to stay in Malta like many do, and probably have his career stunted. Instead, he moved to San Francisco and is working on a Google project.

Malta can only offer so much, and this applies to almost every EU country. Every country has some very strong points, but none can offer the complete package that the US, for example, offers. If European countries want to safeguard a prosperous future and remain a relevant player on the world stage in science and technology - increasingly the markers of world influence alongside economics - then union is the way.

It may seem like brain drain, but with federalisation, it won't matter whether they are located here or in France anymore. Malta would stand to benefit if we gain from discoveries and progress being done in other EU countries.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:07 am

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:12 am

Democracy won in the end. Eat it people!

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:16 am

And this offers a warning of a deep change for Britain, a shift in how we are seen by the rest of the world. For decades, we were regarded as a great place to invest in, to move to or just to visit because we were the English-speaking gateway to the 27 nations of the European Union. We had a kind of best-of-both-worlds status, close to the US, close to the European continent.

That physical geography has not changed, but the psychological geography has. Suddenly it will make much less sense to headquarter a big international firm in London, or for a Japanese car-maker to locate a factory – one that aims to sell into Europe – in the north-east of England. Why do it, if you could be in Germany instead? Why come to post-Brexit Britain, where there could soon be the hassle of visas and tariffs and all the rest? Why bother? [source]
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:17 am

FCB general wrote:Democracy won in the end. Eat it people!

Refer to my earlier post, reproduced below:

MUTU wrote:It's only fair. The vote of those who's lives are more affected should have a bigger weighting than those who's lives will hardly be affected.

Let's take a practical example.
You're three guys. You're at the movie theater ticket booth. There's a horror movie and a comedy. One of the guys absolutely hates horror movies... he's scared shit, pees himself etc. He'd REALLY does not want to watch the horror movie. You and the other guy like both movies, but would slightly prefer to watch the horror movie. Going by 'democracy', you would opt to watch the horror movie together (it's 2 against 1), but is that really the fair solution?

Would you opt to watch the horror movie if you're a fan of democracy?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 am

MUTU wrote:
FCB general wrote:Democracy won in the end. Eat it people!

Refer to my earlier post, reproduced below:

MUTU wrote:It's only fair. The vote of those who's lives are more affected should have a bigger weighting than those who's lives will hardly be affected.

Let's take a practical example.
You're three guys. You're at the movie theater ticket booth. There's a horror movie and a comedy. One of the guys absolutely hates horror movies... he's scared shit, pees himself etc. He'd REALLY does not want to watch the horror movie. You and the other guy like both movies, but would slightly prefer to watch the horror movie. Going by 'democracy', you would opt to watch the horror movie together (it's 2 against 1), but is that really the fair solution?

Would you opt to watch the horror movie if you're a fan of democracy?

Stop watching the world through pink glasses MUTU and stop whining. That's my message for you and the rest of company here. You don't always win in life, in fact... You lose often too.

The catastrophic policy from Bruxelles and Berlin caused this, otherwise there's no chance that UK would ever leave European project despite the fact that the Brits would never fully integrate(Schengen, Euro). I didn't believe this Brexit would succeed yesterday, but it did.

This is a big slap for those Bruxelles bureaucrats who have thought they are the one who have the biggest dick. the most valuable brain, etc. They didn't listen to anyone around the Europe and look what happened. If they continue in the same way or become even worse, the mess is going to keep increasing. So many years of warning and pointing on mistakes in the European Parliament and nothing changed.

Now everything has changed and there is threat of domino effect in the rest of the Europe.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:40 am

FCB general wrote:Stop watching the world through pink glasses MUTU and stop whining. That's my message for you and the rest of company here. You don't always win in life, in fact... You lose often too.

And who are the winners in this situation? Every single expert claims that it's certainly not the UK. We might have lost, but they have much more to lose than us.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:43 am

“We want tariff-free access to the single market and it will be hugely in the interests of the European Union to grant it,” Neil Hamilton, from UKIP’s national executive committee, told BBC Radio 4 today, following Britain’s vote to leave the EU. [source]
:lol: #-o
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:56 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
FCB general wrote:Stop watching the world through pink glasses MUTU and stop whining. That's my message for you and the rest of company here. You don't always win in life, in fact... You lose often too.

And who are the winners in this situation? Every single expert claims that it's certainly not the UK. We might have lost, but they have much more to lose than us.

The winners are those who can say stay or leave and yet they win no matter what happened. 2 weeks ago Soros talked about negative aspects, how UK needs to remain in the EU, he is for "Remain side" and despite that... He started selling the shares and foreign currency and opted for buying gold. He, who said Remain, and the others like him won.
That's cruel reality. UK can stay or leave, big fishes win even when they lose, but scratches don't hurt that much despite the fact that some people like to exaggerate with the 'pain'.
In this story, both Europe and UK lost. How much? Each side will say for the other one how they lost more. Point of view story. Lack of dialogue and respect might screw up everything in Europe in the future and that's what is really worrying.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:02 am

it is raining cats and dogs here !!!!!!!!! I guess the tears from the eu bureaucrats arrived here
http://en.sat24.com/en
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge