You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:35 am

Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness has called for a border poll on a united Ireland, after the UK has voted to leave the EU. [source]
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:41 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This just shows how much the democratic system is not ideal, although it is our best option.

This is really eye-opening. **** biggots.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:47 am

The question now is which union will disintegrate with this vote: the European Union, the United Kingdom, or both?

Looking at the general reaction across Europe, I think the predicted doom for the EU outcome if Britain leaves is at least a few years away. Europe could very well unite closer instead.

So what happens now, exactly? I assume the actual exit will be a rather lengthy process?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:52 am

Maybe we go for the former EEC European Common market... and the Union will solely be oriented on commerce... And not interfearing in internal affairs & many many other things.
Why are you worried 12? Now you Germany have more power without England... and you will soon have more with France opting to go out as well.

kindly note that I was PEO EU from head to toe until some years ago but I soon learned the evil behind it.

P.S Say hello to Schulz :coffee:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:55 am

Nah, France won't leave I think. Just because there are calls for similar referendums from a few politicians, it does not mean there will be similar outcomes. The UK was always the most vocal anti-EU country.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:55 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The question now is which union will disintegrate with this vote: the European Union, the United Kingdom, or both?

Looking at the general reaction across Europe, I think the predicted doom for the EU outcome if Britain leaves is at least a few years away. Europe could very well unite closer instead.

So what happens now, exactly? I assume the actual exit will be a rather lengthy process?

apparently there is an article 50 (I think) and If I am not mistaken all the other members have to sign something in order to be official...
Switzerland and Norway are not in the EU and are filthy rich... The UK have everything to survive... Asian markets, natural resources, shipyards etc
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:00 am

ramsej84 wrote:Why are you worried 12? Now you Germany have more power without England... and you will soon have more with France opting to go out as well.

Why would he care about the so-called power? He's a history teacher who loves to cook and doesn't any political agenda. Neither do millions of average German citizens. The common people should be concerned with one thing and only one thing which is economics. And this is one terribly stupid economical decision.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:So what happens now, exactly? I assume the actual exit will be a rather lengthy process?

The UK is waiting on a statement from Cameron which should be soon but the actual process shouldn't start until the Monday parliament meeting. So apart from sterling dips and screwed up stock market there would be no effect until then. From then the UK should come to a decision on the sort of market deal wuth the rest of the EU.

Since this is still as an EU member the negotiation for an agreement would be brought up to the EU Council and could take up to two weeks. I think this is on the Lisbon Treaty or something like that.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:02 am

ramsej84 wrote:Switzerland and Norway are not in the EU and are filthy rich... The UK have everything to survive... Asian markets, natural resources, shipyards etc

It will be investors and big businesses who rule today's world who determine the UK's survival. Should they choose to relocate elsewhere, no amount of resources will help.

Research and education is a huge grey area I think. The UK has some of the best universities in the world and are second only to the US in that area. They should safeguard that and keep attracting talented foreigners who can contribute a lot to their economy. I think it was Stephen Hawking who expressed the fear that after Brexit gifted people will either choose to study elsewhere or else leave the country once they have completed their studies, rather than remain with British research institutions.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:03 am

Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:06 am

I expect some hard negotiations then. On the one hand, we all wish to retain economic benefits with the UK. On the other hand, if the EU wants to safeguard its future they have to play hard ball with the UK and not give them the same economic benefits EU countries have.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:12 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Research and education is a huge grey area I think. The UK has some of the best universities in the world and are second only to the US in that area. They should safeguard that and keep attracting talented foreigners who can contribute a lot to their economy. I think it was Stephen Hawking who expressed the fear that after Brexit gifted people will either choose to study elsewhere or else leave the country once they have completed their studies, rather than remain with British research institutions.

Good point. I happen to study in the most international university in the UK and our president just gone ahead and claim that we will always remain a European university.

Tuition fees for British and EU students were in the range of £ 8,000 - 9,000. With Brexit that is expected to rise for EU students to three times that, the same amount other internationals are paying.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:12 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Nah, France won't leave I think. Just because there are calls for similar referendums from a few politicians, it does not mean there will be similar outcomes. The UK was always the most vocal anti-EU country.

Marie Le Pen is not any other Politician in France; she got the most votes for the last MEP elections and in order to prevent her from becoming the next President CR and CL are to unite ...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:16 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I expect some hard negotiations then. On the one hand, we all wish to retain economic benefits with the UK. On the other hand, if the EU wants to safeguard its future they have to play hard ball with the UK and not give them the same economic benefits EU countries have.

don't worry about our country Malta and England have a very good relationship and we will continue to have the same relationship.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:16 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Research and education is a huge grey area I think. The UK has some of the best universities in the world and are second only to the US in that area. They should safeguard that and keep attracting talented foreigners who can contribute a lot to their economy. I think it was Stephen Hawking who expressed the fear that after Brexit gifted people will either choose to study elsewhere or else leave the country once they have completed their studies, rather than remain with British research institutions.

Good point. I happen to study in the most international university in the UK and our president just gone ahead and claim that we will always remain a European university.

Tuition fees for British and EU students were in the range of £ 8,000 - 9,000. With Brexit that is expected to rise for EU students to three times that, the same amount other internationals are paying.

That's it though. Many might choose to go as far as the US if tuition fees are no longer favourable. Personally, I'm holding out for a Scottish independence in the next few years as my desired study destination is Edinburgh.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:19 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge