You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:32 am

I had no doubt ramsej. :P

Personally, I have a lot of reservations on the EU, but I believe the way forward is for the UK to stay and for them to lead the discussion on a series of necessary reformations. I believe Malta have already pledged their support to them if that happens, though I could be wrong.

I think the effects of Brexit on the EU would lead us to a worse situation than we currently are in, and although I am no expert, all the experts seem to think that the UK will suffer even more than the EU. I hold the UK close to my heart (except in football :evil: ) so I don't want that to happen.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:41 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I had no doubt ramsej. :P

Personally, I have a lot of reservations on the EU, but I believe the way forward is for the UK to stay and for them to lead the discussion on a series of necessary reformations. I believe Malta have already pledged their support to them if that happens, though I could be wrong.

I think the effects of Brexit on the EU would lead us to a worse situation than we currently are in, and although I am no expert, all the experts seem to think that the UK will suffer even more than the EU. I hold the UK close to my heart (except in football :evil: ) so I don't want that to happen.

scaremongering :roll:
As they did themselves to the Scots.

TBH ... I would prefer if the EU stays but ... with a different political agenda, it goes back to its original basics and with different leaders... and
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:30 pm

ramsej84 wrote:TBH ... I would prefer if the EU stays but ... with a different political agenda, it goes back to its original basics and with different leaders... and

Impossible. USA don't want that all. They want to have complete control of the European continent.

Brexit will fail since the global corp elites won't allow British people to do such thing. But that doesn't mean the Brits won't behave like nothing didn't happen. On the contrary, EUSSR is already blackmailed by UK and they have their demands for staying in EUSSR. These demands are awful for everyone in Europe and I expect from the other countries to create a mess and demand the same thing.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Commonwealth residents who do not have a UK passport are eligible to vote if I am not mistaken.

My friend who's been living in Malta for some 25 years or so does not have a vote. Nor has he yet been given Maltese citizenship. A Brexit would affect him since he'd be treated as a non-EU resident in Malta, and yet he has no vote.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:48 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Commonwealth residents who do not have a UK passport are eligible to vote if I am not mistaken.

My friend who's been living in Malta for some 25 years or so does not have a vote. Nor has he yet been given Maltese citizenship. A Brexit would affect him since he'd be treated as a non-EU resident in Malta, and yet he has no vote.

Strange because my Singaporean and Malaysian friends can vote. Do you have to be a resident perhaps? That doesn't really make sense though.

I can't vote but I'd be remain.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Tedesco » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:58 pm

I'd vote remain.

I'm very EU oriented and I think it is the way forward for this continent to remain competitive and relevant in global politics.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANKER » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:10 pm

UK is not fully part of EU... they're not part of Schengen... they don't use Euro, etc... UK can survive without EU... EU can survive without them.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Odds seem to be heavily favouring Remain, as are stock market indications (according to Twitter).
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, jebote život!!!!!!!! What a Legend! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby JANKER » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:21 pm

If I was a Brit, I'd vote Brexit... they're a big country, they don't need any unions except their own. They're in the same course, united or not... except maybe more independence and they already have more than other members of EU.
Last edited by JANKER on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Strange because my Singaporean and Malaysian friends can vote. Do you have to be a resident perhaps? That doesn't really make sense though.

I can't vote but I'd be remain.

Here's the explanation:

Citizens of Ireland, Malta and Cyprus resident in the UK are eligible to vote in the referendum and citizens of other EU countries do not have it. Ireland and Britain have more than 30 years old bilateral agreement where citizens of one country have a right to participate in the elections of another. Cypriots and Maltese have that right as a citizen of the Commonwealth.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Didn't take long at least.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Some reports saying that he's been killed and not arrested.
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:06 pm

JANKER wrote:Some reports saying that he's been killed and not arrested.

Seeing that now. Also between 25-50 injured. Not sure whether any of our German members are from the vicinity. I hope everyone is fine.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge