You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:21 pm

You know that the PM does not enjoy my confidence. I believe he is a criminal and I find it depressing that he was re-elected.

However, this is a stupid thing to call his resignation for, unless he is proven to be involved. Even the leader of the Opposition asked for it. Ridiculous... this situation has really made him look like an idiot.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:23 pm

Lukas wrote:A colleague of mine who is soon to retire returned from holiday in Malta yesterday. Looks like she left just in time.

On another note, when she was talking about her holiday I couldn't listen without thinking about this forum, wondering if she'd passed someone on here on the street without knowing :lol: . It has made me much more informed about Malta than I used to be. I used to think it was just a quaint island where older Brits go on holiday, like an exotic Isle of Wight. After reading this forum I know just how wrong I was :mrgreen:

Depends how long she was here. I've been slightly sick so haven't been leaving the house much in recent days, so probably not. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Lukas wrote:A colleague of mine who is soon to retire returned from holiday in Malta yesterday. Looks like she left just in time.

On another note, when she was talking about her holiday I couldn't listen without thinking about this forum, wondering if she'd passed someone on here on the street without knowing . It has made me much more informed about Malta than I used to be. I used to think it was just a quaint island where older Brits go on holiday, like an exotic Isle of Wight. After reading this forum I know just how wrong I was :mrgreen:
What do you mean "just in time"?
We are still one of the safest countries" although the elite from the eussr wants us to become just like the rest of Europe

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:05 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

On another note, when she was talking about her holiday I couldn't listen without thinking about this forum, wondering if she'd passed someone on here on the street without knowing . It has made me much more informed about Malta than I used to be. I used to think it was just a quaint island where older Brits go on holiday, like an exotic Isle of Wight. After reading this forum I know just how wrong I was :mrgreen:
We are still one of the safest countries" although the elite from the eussr wants us to become just like the rest of Europe

Well the last thing you want on holiday is a car bomb going off and protests going on around you don't you think? If her stay happened to have been any longer that's exactly what she'd have got.
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:09 pm

True, the country pretty much stopped. Although I suppose it wouldn't affect a tourist that much. There haven't really been any major protests.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Lukas wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Well the last thing you want on holiday is a car bomb going off and protests going on around you don't you think? If her stay happened to have been any longer that's exactly what she'd have got.
The bomb went off in a rural area where only a handful live.

Nothing against you but the way the media is blowing this up angers me.

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:21 pm

I disagree, the situation is very serious. I haven't seen any foreign media write as though we're at war or people are being beaten in the streets or anything. Just commenting on the likely politically-motivated brutal murder of someone uncovering information on the powerful.

What I disagree with on how it's being portrayed is the idea that freedom of speech is dead - although I've seen this in Malta more than in foreign reports. It is undeniably a threatening attack that will make people think twice about writing what they think, but DCG wasn't murdered for her freedom of speech. She was murdered because she revealed dangerous facts. There is a big difference.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 pm

[/quote]The bomb went off in a rural area where only a handful live.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Fair enough. I can only take what I hear in the media without knowing much about the situation.

If I may say though, your earlier post doesn't paint a great picture of the situation either :wink:

"Things are getting nastier
https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... lle.660671
I am already seening thousands in the streets calling for the PM's resignation...

What I know is that this barbaric murder is going to destabilize our country..."
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I disagree, the situation is very serious. I haven't seen any foreign media write as though we're at war or people are being beaten in the streets or anything. Just commenting on the likely politically-motivated brutal murder of someone uncovering information on the powerful.

What I disagree with on how it's being portrayed is the idea that freedom of speech is dead - although I've seen this in Malta more than in foreign reports. It is undeniably a threatening attack that will make people think twice about writing what they think, but DCG wasn't murdered for her freedom of speech. She was murdered because she revealed dangerous facts. There is a big difference.
What if she was killed for something she was going to reveal?

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Lukas wrote:
The bomb went off in a rural area where only a handful live.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Fair enough. I can only take what I hear in the media without knowing much about the situation.

If I may say though, your earlier post doesn't paint a great picture of the situation either :wink:

"Things are getting nastier
https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... lle.660671
I am already seening thousands in the streets calling for the PM's resignation...

What I know is that this barbaric murder is going to destabilize our country..."[/quote]Economic wise not safety wise

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 pm

ramsej84 wrote:What if she was killed for something she was going to reveal?

It's still because of her information rather than freedom of speech.

To me, freedom of speech implies an opinion. You and I have the right to voice our opinions, regardless of how diffferent they are (and we have, many times :mrgreen: ). She did have opinions, some of which I did not agree with, but what made her infamous and likely got her killed weren't opinions but the revelation of facts. Whether that's revenge for what was revealed, fear that she will be proven right, or because there was more yet to be revealed is hard to know.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

World News Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:28 am

Semtex explosive believed used in Caruana Galizia murder
The compound is often used by terrorist organisations [source]

Also common in military
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:25 pm

A despicable deed which can never be justified, no matter how much she bad mouthed people and in her way of writing called people names or insulted them with defects. She wrote about things that the others avoided. We're in sad times and the people that who should now better, shooting from the hips will not help to focus on the real problems at hand.

The investigators have a real task at hand, there are mountains to climb - and the panama papers which the foreign media seem to think it all she wrote about, is just one, among many other things she also wrote about;
- other local politicians (lately from both sides - apart from the new leader of the opposition, this summer she also dug out stories about the deceased old vice PN leader and an ex President whom she accused of helping people getting away with serious crimes during his time as minster of the interior in the early 90s
- the snus bribe scandal
-shady local businessmen or common individuals implying their involvement in drug trafficking / prostitution /money laundering
-Diesel smuggling and eerily enough, she analysed the use of car bombs and shootings as retribution
-the french secret service covert operations in Libya after the crash of that small private plane barely a year ago.
-The shady affairs of the Azerbaijan first family about whom she also was in contact with the persecuted journalist Khadiya Ismayilova.

As for the foreigners reading this thread, footage from the vigils can be found on the web and none of them looks like the 'No Escape' movie.
Besides the place where they were held, people in other places weren't affected.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:A despicable deed which can never be justified, no matter how much she bad mouthed people and in her way of writing called people names or insulted them with defects. She wrote about things that the others avoided. We're in sad times and the people that who should now better, shooting from the hips will not help to focus on the real problems at hand.

The investigators have a real task at hand, there are mountains to climb - and the panama papers which the foreign media seem to think it all she wrote about, is just one, among many other things she also wrote about;
- other local politicians (lately from both sides - apart from the new leader of the opposition, this summer she also dug out stories about the deceased old vice PN leader and an ex President whom she accused of helping people getting away with serious crimes during his time as minster of the interior in the early 90s
- the snus bribe scandal
-shady local businessmen or common individuals implying their involvement in drug trafficking / prostitution /money laundering
-Diesel smuggling and eerily enough, she analysed the use of car bombs and shootings as retribution
-the french secret service covert operations in Libya after the crash of that small private plane barely a year ago.
-The shady affairs of the Azerbaijan first family about whom she also was in contact with the persecuted journalist Khadiya Ismayilova.

As for the foreigners reading this thread, footage from the vigils can be found on the web and none of them looks like the 'No Escape' movie.
Besides the place where they were held, people in other places weren't affected.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Hear hear
https://www.timesofmalta.com/mobile/art ... ion.660722

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge