You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Damn... yeah, clear signs of dictatorship. Hopefully the protests will achieve something.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:01 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:In my opinion the actions of several people after the leak kind of prove it.

As you said, the police are not acting. A raid should obviously have been done but there was nothing at all, not even some sort of surveillance.
The owner of the bank in question flew into Malta urgently, went straight to the office, and left with two huge bags. He had no reason to avoid journalists if it wasn't because he's hiding something big.
The PM merely denied every allegation and did not order an investigation to prove himself correct.

Apart from this, what this journalist (or as you call her, the witch) has revealed before about the Panama case and other PEPs was all proven true by the Panama Papers. And really, it all makes sense. Many shady deals or questionable appointments over the past few years fit in with the story. It's like when you finally find that last piece of the jigsaw puzzle that allows you to connect separate pieces.

BTW, last Tuesday: ;)
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I am 99% sure it belongs to the PM's wife.

Who said that ? Me right?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:08 am

Which part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:10 am

Maybe cause I am tired...
The 99% sure...
Cause that is what I have been saying and do not remember saying it here

Edit... oh it was you
Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:21 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:What is the protest about anyway? I mean, what has the president done wrong? I have no idea about politics in that part of the world.

Everything. Inflation is about 20% monthly, many people can't afford food, the Supreme Court has unilaterally and unconstitutionally declared Congress to be illegal and taken legislative functions for itself, several of the most popular opposition leaders have been prohibited to run for elections, state governor's elections scheduled to be held by the end of 2017 have been unconstitutionally been cancelled, there are also about 5-10 death protestors. The country is a mess, and it can rightfully be said that Venezuela is under a dictatorship today.

PD: I'm already home and safe :)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Damn dude. It's almost like I've heard this story before, just with a different time and place. Hope you stay safe brother.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 am

Regarding the events in Venezuela, It's certainly not a "State repression" as in Chile in 1973, but the "State resistance", for years, of a left-wing government to a broad strategy of destabilization : economic (creation of shortages by the private sector that holds the majority in the economy), political (violence by the right-wing with the support of the OAS from Washington and the Colombian paramilitary network) and media.

This joint operation of economic, political and media forces had already taken place in April 2002 during the coup d'état against President Chavez led by the Venezuelan employer federation, the private media and the right-wing military. Unique in contemporary history, the population defeated this coup in 48 hours and brought the elected president back to power. The death of Hugo Chavez gave the Empire the hope of ending the spearhead of Latin American unity and recovering once and for all its immense oil reserves.

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:27 am

ottackon wrote:Regarding the events in Venezuela, It's certainly not a "State repression" as in Chile in 1973, but the "State resistance", for years, of a left-wing government to a broad strategy of destabilization : economic (creation of shortages by the private sector that holds the majority in the economy), political (violence by the right-wing with the support of the OAS from Washington and the Colombian paramilitary network) and media.

This joint operation of economic, political and media forces had already taken place in April 2002 during the coup d'état against President Chavez led by the Venezuelan employer federation, the private media and the right-wing military. Unique in contemporary history, the population defeated this coup in 48 hours and brought the elected president back to power. The death of Hugo Chavez gave the Empire the hope of ending the spearhead of Latin American unity and recovering once and for all its immense oil reserves.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. As a Venezuelan, I'd appreciate it if you abstain from such uninformed opinions. A lot of people are going hungry in this country, it's certainly not because of the private sector or some US-sponsored conspiracy and the people have woken up to it. Maduro's popularity is now at it's lowest ever. It's terrible economic policy not hidden any more by the oil boom pre-2014 that's taking its toll on Venezuela. Chávez was an authoritarian quasi-dictator, but Maduro has gone full dictator in the last year. As I write, some of the poorest zones in the capital are literally a war zone because people are fed up. Fed up of 20% inflation a month (people today earn about 30% of what they earned 2 years ago), of not finding any basic staples (no bread, no corn-flour, no food; people are skipping breakfast so they have anything to feed their children), of insecurity (mob lunch in poor areas against thieves has gone crazy), and of repression.

It's easy for foreigners to support this Chavista fantasy when you have no clue about the actual conditions on the ground.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:36 am

I have read enough articles, books, and watched enough documentaries on South America, especially about the leftist social movement in this part of the world to get a fairly accurate picture of what is going on there.
You have your ideas and you belong to a certain social background, but don't give me orders on what I have to write or think, because even if you're venezuelan, you don't have the monopoly of truth on this country.
Anyway, I'll keep writing on the situation in Venezuela whenever there is something new to report, but don't feel obliged to respond to my posts, because they are not intended for you.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ottackon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 am

Bolivian President Evo Morales :
“The plan of the empire is to overthrow the constitutional president elected by Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, as a warning to anti-imperialist governments. Any internal conspiracy or external intervention is intended to steal Venezuelan oil.”
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

World News Thread

Postby pyrasur » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:16 pm

I don't really know what's going on in Venezuela, or in any of these countries. But how do you read a few books and say anything to remove any these dictators from power is an American conspiracy? The people can never seek to remove these dictators, because another dictator delegitimizes the people? Sounds like a blanket cover for repression.

You argue that these presidents are democratically elected, but you are silent or you choose not to take in information that says they use judicial authority to repress democratically elected congresses, silence journalists, and assassinate opposition leaders. I get it you support anything that is anti-US. I at least know that the US does some shady things in our national interest. I know well never agree on this, but damn. Putin and the rest of these repressive governments must walk on water.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm

pyrasur wrote:I don't really know what's going on in Venezuela, or in any of these countries. But how do you read a few books and say anything to remove any these dictators from power is an American conspiracy? The people can never seek to remove these dictators, because another dictator delegitimizes the people? Sounds like a blanket cover for repression.

You argue that these presidents are democratically elected, but you are silent or you choose not to take in information that says they use judicial authority to repress democratically elected congresses, silence journalists, and assassinate opposition leaders. I get it you support anything that is anti-US. I at least know that the US does some shady things in our national interest. I know well never agree on this, but damn. Putin and the rest of these repressive governments must walk on water.

your last sentence made me
nobody does rest assured...
Without entering the Venezuela question I do believe that some dictators are put in place by some hidden forces in order to serve and please the same hidden forces, then when they (the chosen dictators) have fulfilled their duties they will be removed... only to be replaced by new puppets!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:58 pm

pyrasur wrote:I don't really know what's going on in Venezuela, or in any of these countries. But how do you read a few books and say anything to remove any these dictators from power is an American conspiracy? The people can never seek to remove these dictators, because another dictator delegitimizes the people? Sounds like a blanket cover for repression.

I could go on a tirade on why I despise America's foreign policy and its established and well-documented interventionism everywhere in the world, but it's useless to argue, as every individual is occupied, first and foremost, with his or her own personal interests, and each feels their subjective opinions as objective truths. The only difference between you and me, is that I don't comment on a subject unless I gathered information about it.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Jehovah's Witnesses banned in Russia and deemed extremist group [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:47 pm

I gather plenty of information, I just don't act like I think I know what's going on. I can read everything online that I want, but I know everyone is spinning the truth their way and unless I am actually involved, then how do I know what's true and what isn't.

Just because I read about everything the Putin government has done, I haven't seen it so I don't pretend to understand. Watching an RT documentary doesn't make anyone an expert, because they are a mouthpiece of the Kremlin and are as bad as any CNN "most trusted name in news".
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:09 pm

You've just said that you have no idea what is going on in Venezuela, so why are you replying to me in the first place ?
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge