You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby pyrasur » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Democrat talking points. They wanted to act like they did something significant when they stood by and did nothing and were embarrassed by Russia being actually decisive.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:00 pm

someone wants a war at all costs... By someone I am not referring to any country(s) in particular.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:04 pm

It's all a big mess. Pretty sure there are no purely good actors in this conflict. It comes down to who you think the lesser evil is and whatever obligations you may have.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:05 pm

pyrasur wrote:It's all a big mess. Pretty sure there are no purely good actors in this conflict. It comes down to who you think the lesser evil is and whatever obligations you may have.

True...
and money is the culprit as usual...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Of course. This conflict feels a little like the Great War, actors having their decisions made for them. No free will or ability to get out of it.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:10 pm

the older I grow the more envy I become of those forgotten tribes who live away from it all in the middle of the Amazon or deep in the Indonesian forests... or those in Africa...

F*** this shitty World...

One thing is for sure , that I won't fight any wars for others...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:51 pm

I agree that the situation is very complex in Syria, but we must not lose sight of the fact that what they call "Syrian opposition" is armed and financed from abroad, which leads to me say that the real problem nowadays is the Western interventionism in the internal affairs of sovereign states on the pretext of humanitarianism.
Countries like the United States that keep talking about human rights and international law are the first to ignore the charter of the United Nations.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:30 pm

ottackon wrote:I agree that the situation is very complex in Syria, but we must not lose sight of the fact that what they call "Syrian opposition" is armed and financed from abroad, which leads to me say that the real problem nowadays is the Western interventionism in the internal affairs of sovereign states on the pretext of humanitarianism.
Countries like the United States that keep talking about human rights and international law are the first to ignore the charter of the United Nations.

My man =D>
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:44 pm

ramsej84 wrote:the older I grow the more envy I become of those forgotten tribes who live away from it all in the middle of the Amazon or deep in the Indonesian forests... or those in Africa...

F*** this shitty World...

One thing is for sure , that I won't fight any wars for others...

And you think they're free from the horrors of money? Just ask the logging companies :(
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:12 pm

ottackon wrote:I agree that the situation is very complex in Syria, but we must not lose sight of the fact that what they call "Syrian opposition" is armed and financed from abroad, which leads to me say that the real problem nowadays is the Western interventionism in the internal affairs of sovereign states on the pretext of humanitarianism.

Just like Putin and Assad saw opportunities to create confusion by allowing ISIS to muddy the waters with the rebel groups with legitimate complaints. And we've got our hands with some dirty allies in Saudi Arabia and the gulf states.

I really don't buy anything from anyone in this. It's all dirty as hell.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:39 pm

pyrasur wrote:

Just like Putin and Assad saw opportunities to create confusion by allowing ISIS to muddy the waters with the rebel groups with legitimate complaints.

Assad is the legitimate president of Syria and the Russian presence in Syria is legal in accordance with international law.
Besides, you're talking about rebel groups with legitimate complaints. Is there any State in the world that could allow armed rebellion ?
There have been protests throughout the Arab world since that guy set himself on fire in Tunisia, and I myself participated in peaceful demonstrations in Morocco in 2011 and 2012 to call for reforms. But when you start smuggling guns and mercenaries into the country, and giving professional agitators guidance remotely, it's another story, and every State has the right to defend itself.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:53 pm

The Arab spring was an excuse to create more confusion.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

World News Thread

Postby pyrasur » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:16 am

ottackon wrote:
pyrasur wrote:

Just like Putin and Assad saw opportunities to create confusion by allowing ISIS to muddy the waters with the rebel groups with legitimate complaints.

Assad is the legitimate president of Syria and the Russian presence in Syria is legal in accordance with international law.
Besides, you're talking about rebel groups with legitimate complaints. Is there any State in the world that could allow armed rebellion ?
There have been protests throughout the Arab world since that guy set himself on fire in Tunisia, and I myself participated in peaceful demonstrations in Morocco in 2011 and 2012 to call for reforms. But when you start smuggling guns and mercenaries into the country, and giving professional agitators guidance remotely, it's another story, and every State has the right to defend itself.

I'm not trying to sell to you that the US is innocent. If you think Assad is the lesser of two evils that's your right. I think Putin is the greater threat to world peace and I guess by extension "my side". We generally agree on a lot I think just we aren't gonna meet in the middle ground on this one unfortunately.

Maybe that's just the Russian expats who are bitter they "lost", but America is home to a lot of people who were the losers in whatever conflict, Cubans who lost their country to Castro, Vietnamese who lost their country to the reds. History is written by the victors, and the winner in Syria I don't doubt will make themselves look good.

I dunno man I'm pissed off after that Dortmund news (another example of a Westerner who only gets affected when something happens to us amirite? Gas attacks in Syria don't count). I just don't believe any side is completely legitimate. It's a game as old as time, these proxy wars and strongmen being propped up, jailing opposition, and rebellions fomented. Nations formed after rebelling against their old masters. You can only hope the side you ended up on is slightly more legitimate than the other.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:48 am

This is outrageous
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/851908727120814080

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:52 am

Bravo Gospodin Putin
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/851962938357370880

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge