You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:55 am

Malta tumbles 10 places in Corruption Perception Index, lowest ever
Turning to populist politicians only 'feeds the problem' [source]

''It said that in many countries in Europe, insufficient accountability generated a perception of quasi-impunity of political elites, and the current wave of populism seemed to enable legalisation of corruption and clientelism, feeding the extreme power of wealthy individuals that steer or own the decision making power. People who turn to populist politicians promising to upset the status quo and end corruption may only be feeding the problem, an anti-corruption watchdog group warned.'' :lol: :lol: :lol: OK thanks for the lecture ! trying to discredit not politically correct politicians in a bad light by comparing them with corruption and using a defamatory word.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Well when you have Trump "giving" his businesses to his sons rather than a blind trust, no wonder they say that.

Edit: what's up with all the comments thinking this is good news? :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:01 pm

Nonono, that's different! It's only nepotism when a non-right-winger does it... Also, it's only lies, corruption and generally everything with negative connotation, when it's a "liberal"... AND those are the only ones where "nobody's perfect" (quote ramsej) doesn't apply...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:11 pm

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby zozon » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Malta and Macedonia signed a diplomatic treaty to establish diplomatic relationships and to call Macedonia by its constitutional name, not FYROM. :D

Thanks guys 8)
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Oh and also no one thinks there was or will be no food in Malta... But you're still better off this way ;)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:38 pm

zozon wrote:Malta and Macedonia signed a diplomatic treaty to establish diplomatic relationships and to call Macedonia by its constitutional name, not FYROM. :D

Thanks guys 8)

Congrts even if I don't really know the significance (excuse my ignorance although I know that it means ; former yugoslav republic of Macedonia) of it.
But do not be too enthusiastic about it cause you will be called ultra Nationalist and or far right.
Congrats again ...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Who would do that? He's an inhabitant of a sovereign country that wants it to be called by it's proper name... Nothing wrong about that...
You still fail to recognize arguments and just dismiss it all by claiming it's all unjustified, don't you?

What makes somebody far right is being too dumb to recognize there are other(more urgent) problems than a few people who look different... And reducing all of the problems existing fir at least decades to immigrants... Or "liberals"
And what makes you ultra nationalist is creating - or demanding - dumb rules and laws without considering ALL the (possible) consequences and outcomes and more likely than not ending up not only being worse off yourself, but dragging down others as well

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:52 pm

She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby #12 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:08 pm

That video you guys made is soo funny

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:41 pm

What are the chances that the Netherlands is heading the same way with Geert Wilders though?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:48 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What are the chances that the Netherlands is heading the same way with Geert Wilders though?

The system over here is different from the States. We always have a coalition government, consisting usually of three or sometimes even four parties. If Geert Wilders' Freedom Party wins the election, he needs to win 76 seats to be able to push his agenda, and rule on his own. Currently he's at 30 seats in the polls, which makes the Freedom Party however the biggest party in the polls. Second biggest is at 27 seats.

Most likely he'll win the election and will need to find partners to collaborate with. The other right wing party (currently in government) the VVD has already said they will not work together with the Freedom Party. And I'm fairly sure most other parties don't want to be in a government that's led by Wilders.

So my guess:
Wilders will win the election, he could win it big, but will not win a majority. He'll get the mandate to form a new government, but won't be able to find enough parties (seats) to actually govern. This will approximately take about 6 to 7 weeks...upon which time the second biggest party (most likely the VVD) will get the mandate to try and form a government. They'll strike a deal with whomever is interested (probably CDA and a silly party like 50+).

This will all take approximately...say.....at least a couple of months.

EDIT: Wilders is progressive in areas like LGBT and abortion.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:55 pm

This is a bit strange to me because like the US, we're not used to coalitions here. So does his party still keep the same amount of seats then? They'd have the most seats but not governing?

As for your edit, coincidentally I just read an article that mentioned that before I read your post. Came as a surprise to me but then I know nothing about Dutch politics.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:This is a bit strange to me because like the US, we're not used to coalitions here. So does his party still keep the same amount of seats then? They'd have the most seats but not governing?

As for your edit, coincidentally I just read an article that mentioned that before I read your post. Came as a surprise to me but then I know nothing about Dutch politics.

Everyone keeps their seats in parliament, no matter who governs. The seats are important for when you vote on issues. The house (Tweede Kamer) has a total of 150 seats, so you'll need 76 to get a majority. If your party doesn't have 76 seats on its own, you'll need to work together to get bills passed. Therefore you'll always need to have a coalition government. I think this is very good, as it will always get rid of the extreme edges of parties. You'll always need to negotiate and find a middle ground for your government to work.

Yeah, in Dutch politics only one party (SGP) is against women in general, and one other party is against abortion and euthanasia (ChristenUnie). We're historically a progressive country, who value freedom of the individual, without going overboard like the US (we have collective health care, benefits when you get ill or injured, maternity leave, etc.).

EDIT: just to give you a picture, there's currently 81 parties listed to participate in the elections. We currently have 17 parties in parliament.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Woah, we have like 7 or 8 (including one candidate parties) here and none of them ever get elected except for 2. :lol:

I agree that coalitions are definitely a good thing. Unfortunately I don't think it could work here though. The electoral system makes it very hard for a third party to get elected, but worse than that is that due to our small population the difference between the two main parties is usually not that big in terms of numbers. That means that if another party manages to elect a candidate, chances are it will be those few who don't always vote for the same party that elected them and we'd risk having a situation where the two main parties have just a one seat difference between them and that third party candidate gets a determining say on everything.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge