You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:08 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Scotland first minister is not going to sign the deal for the exit...
She is very very democratic
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

She is. She puts her country's interest first. Her country voted in, in every single region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, her country voted remain by a convincing 62%.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:10 am

Isn't that what I said? I didn't know the exact percentage, but I meant that every region in Scotland had a majority remain.

We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:31 am

Number of rape cases last year doubled...The number of rape cases reported to the police last year was the highest since data started being recorded in 2008, figures show.
Police statistics show 23 rape cases were reported last year, more than double the number recorded in 2014. Prior to 2008, the police used a different incident reporting system which grouped together all sexual offences, including violent indecent assault, indecent exposure and defilement of minors. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:32 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Isn't that what I said? I didn't know the exact percentage, but I meant that every region in Scotland had a majority remain.

:oops: I misunderstood you.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:36 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Scotland first minister is not going to sign the deal for the exit...

She is. She puts her country's interest first. Her country voted in, in every single region.

so they should get the independence asap
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:21 am

ramsej84 wrote:so they should get the independence asap

That's exactly what they're going for. :)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

World News Thread

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:23 pm

JANKER wrote:Do you fear democracy, #12?
You can't force it... or you can... but I don't pretend to be a democrat even if I was super liberal not so long ago... even now I wouldn't mind making my country the 51st state of the US if possible. :P

Nope... Democracy is the most valuable good we possess... But you have to take care of it and there's people that don't... Among those are people that vote "out" and then google afterwards... ;)

no idea if you intend to be funny - but actually, she is... She is trying to achieve the will of her people... And thus YOU of all people should support her... ;)

ramsej84 wrote:no I am not. I am neither filthy nor rich. But no problem I feel rich in culture. :wink:

Sorry I did not understand your second paragraph re turkey

And you should... Problems start once people deem their culture superior, mote important than others, or others inferior to oneself... Anf quite feankly I sometimes get the idea you're on the verge of that... Give it time, culture will prevail... And maybe even grow and expand...

And the second paragraph basically meant that the extreme right and the growing number of people sympathizing with them - despite NOT agreeing in most of the claims - put pressure on established parties to make those kind of deals with Turkey... And while I am FOR helping people in need, I don't see another and better solution for now either... Cause I'm not blind and I know "we" cannot take everybody in... Erdogan keeping the best educated refugees is really another issue...

And @Janker: make us 52nd then
A great way to make sure you're on top of the food chain really
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANKER » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:31 pm

Democratic double standards... most people here are supporting separatist ideas from Scotland but not from the UK... democrats can be selfish.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:48 pm

Cause it's not the same
How often do I have to say it? Also, really, I don't even care about Scotland... But the fact remains that them and the English are very divided in many ways... So MAYBE it's better for them... MAYBE Brexit is better for the English as well - I highly doubt it... But I see no double standard in expressing my opinion on both which could be very different indeed... I honestly think there are no winners in Brexit... And should the Scots actually start another referendum I think that proof would speak for itself...

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:49 pm

JANKER wrote:Democratic double standards... most people here are supporting separatist ideas from Scotland but not from the UK... democrats can be selfish.

Got nothing to do with democracy and separatist ideas. UK leaving the EU is flat out a bad economical decision. Scotland leaving the UK to join the EU is (or at least it should theoretically be) a good one.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:54 pm

Let me say this and stop discussing this subject.

If those who arrive respect the country that accepts them and do not demand anything like the removal of Crosses, Churches, more worship places for their religion for me it is OK.
They can work, pay taxes and contribute... plus they have to learn the language etc etc.T

The Problem is that we are giving away everything that our forefathers fought for to accommodate the newcomers, and please don't tell me that this is not true.
Do you think that if you go to their country they will change anything to accommodate you? No.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Let me say this and stop discussing this subject.

If those who arrive respect the country that accepts them and do not demand anything like the removal of Crosses, Churches, more worship places for their religion for me it is OK.
They can work, pay taxes and contribute... plus they have to learn the language etc etc.T

The Problem is that we are giving away everything that our forefathers fought for to accommodate the newcomers, and please don't tell me that this is not true.
Do you think that if you go to their country they will change anything to accommodate you? No.

I had this discussion with a friend on Saturday and I agree with you. I even made the same point regarding the language.

I have no problem with those who choose to remain in their own communities either, as long as they are there either legally or as genuine refugees, and as long as they do not try to reinstate their culture outside their own community.

The EU has nothing to do with all this however. Except perhaps for a divide between East and West, on the whole European peoples are very similar in culture and thought. Our discussion on this matter started on the basis of what makes a person Maltese or German, for example. My belief (as I have said before) is that it has nothing to do with parents. If a person has had his entire upbringing in one country, I consider him to be from there. Similarly, I would consider someone who has lived for 20 years in a foreign country, speaks the language, and has immersed himself in the culture and contributed to society (rather than isolated himself in a community of his own people) to be from that country in addition to his country of upbringing.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:04 pm

No... Maybe not... But what we believe in should stand regardless, shouldn't it?! If you only give when you get back it's not really belief...
I REALLY think they will... Manymany here in Germany do... Or at least try... Of course, there's always a few that don't... And I agree, those who only start trouble and do nothing and then even go on to do crimes should be kicked out... But I think the only way for it to work is not just say "themthemthem"... Integration only works, if both sides are willing to do it... So we have to reach out for them with a helping hand... And if they spit on it, so long... I think the vast majority won't...

I don't know about the Situation in Malta, I really don't... But right here we're not giving up anything... We just ensure everyone is free to exert their religion, no matter which one it may be... And the way I see it, that's EXACTLY what former generations fought for here...

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:05 pm

WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court delivered its most significant ruling on abortion in a generation Monday, striking down restrictions on Texas clinics and doctors that threatened to make the procedure more difficult for women to access. [source]

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:07 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
JANKER wrote:Democratic double standards... most people here are supporting separatist ideas from Scotland but not from the UK... democrats can be selfish.

Got nothing to do with democracy and separatist ideas. UK leaving the EU is flat out a bad economical decision. Scotland leaving the UK to join the EU is (or at least it should theoretically be) a good one.

The UK was before the EU... nobody knows how much longer will the EU last... so before we proclaim Scotland's separatism a genius move, we'll have to wait and see what will happen of the EU. If the EU is about to fall, A united UK could be the stronger VS others in Europe...

Double standards is what is making the EU fall apart... the UK was only a strategic partner but a heavy one to the EU... and only the blind could not see that there was never anything more than that.

If the Scottish want their independence, I have nothing against that too...

And I don't see how the Scottish can profit more from the EU than from the UK... it's debatable but you all seem to have everything sorted out just to prove your own theories right and others wrong.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge