You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Gotta admit I'm more into French cheeses though
Girl-wise... We'll see ;)
At least there'd be no arguments on which club to support

Please try to stay in anyway!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Roonzil wrote:EDIT: @FCBayernMunchen You are more than welcome Beware though, our football league is boring...might occasionally have to pop over to Germany for the good stuff.

I'm from Malta. Your football league is amazing compared to what I'm used to. :lol:

Last December Hibernians FC 2015 League winners defeated PSV just saying :mrgreen:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:59 pm

#12 wrote:Gotta admit I'm more into French cheeses though
Girl-wise... We'll see ;)
At least there'd be no arguments on which club to support

Please try to stay in anyway!

I will always vote Stay when it comes to the EU. I'm way too much of a European citizen to want to withdraw behind a big wall. Also...I'm scared they might chuck me out anyway, considering my love for other National Football Teams. *cough cough*

French cheese though...might be a deal breaker here. Nothing beats a good Gouda on Beschuit :P
Last edited by Roonzil on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:13 pm

Roonzil wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:OK fair point. But who led our societies to have less and less children? one maybe two if possible 0...
On the other hand the guests will have four to six on average. Are you happy with that... ?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

Not really sure who you're hinting at in your first sentence...Pretty sure the EU didn't tell people to get a certain amount of kids ;) Also I'm fairly sure if you go to the more Christian religious areas in Europe (I only know that it's the case in the Netherlands), the families will be just as big.
And even if immigrants have big families, as long as they participate in society that shouldn't be a problem imo.

with the Policies and changes they brought ppl in western europe cannot afford to have big families.

In the meantime I've found this post in a blog very interesting :

''Well done to the English people and their great English spirit who didn't allow themselves to be blackmailed by banks, corporations, financial capital and the media manipulations and campaigns of their oligarchy. Western civilization lies on the Englishmen and their individualism, sense for personal freedom and responsibility outside and above the terror of every government.
* The English invented parliament to reduce the absolute power of the king.
* The English were first to kick off the Pope, rejecting Italians and and blackmails and theocracy.
* The English were the first to develop capitalism, (without English there is no free trade)
* It was the English who have shaped the Western civilization, its political, historical and economical identity so why would they have to accept any sort of blackmails, pressures, ultimatums and directives and regulations from Berlin / Brussels ?
Great Britain is the second strongest economy in Europe and because of that they refused the Euro currency.
They are only behind Germany, and are surely stronger than France.
The English know very well that without Germany EU does not exist, but also that without Britain that Europe does not have neither the head nor the tail.

If the European Union won't reform, then it's better to fall apart. We do not want to be responsible for someone else's debts, we do not want that our economic and monetary decisions are made in other countries, we do not want that others regulate/order who are we going to accept in our country and how we are going to accept them, we do not want that the decisions about us are made and that with the directives is decided for us just because Berlin/Brussels holds the piggy bank. Yes gentlemen, this what you are seeing and watching right now is the real Europe, the real West, the real civilization. In this referendum the whole identity and the history and the value and the world contribution of West and the Western politic and economic thought to the world, against the logic of financial power centers and their corporations that think they hold the entire world, human destinies and our souls just as the Middle Age Pope and every sick totalitarian and absolutist ever since the world and age. All of them on this referendum is being shown the middle finger. Freedom cannot be bought with money, either you have it or don't have it, if you don't have it, you fight in blood for it, and if you have it, you keep it, you shall keep it in blood. In the last two days the Western civilization showed that still has not died, that the spirit lives in the living body and that it is worth of universal respect. Not because it has money, yet because it has a back and attitude.

The European Union should be ashamed that it had to be the British, ''those traditional slave owners and slave merchants'' had to teach the Europeans a lesson about freedom to govern your own country in their own interest.

:shock:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:15 pm

I love the smell of internet forum flirtation in the morning.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:17 pm

pyrasur wrote:I love the smell of internet forum flirtation in the morning.

We'll be similarly waking up and reading such posts while perhaps not fully understanding come November. :mrgreen:
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:17 pm

pyrasur wrote:I love the smell of internet forum flirtation in the morning.

let us add some music for the atmosphere :wink: :-({|= \:D/
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 pm

People can't "afford"? You're kidding right? Then please riddle me this: How can the new arrivals have more kids and afford them on significantly less money?!

That article is hypocritical as hell
Talking about the British invention of capitalism and then rambling on about how it destroys countries... Well, congrats on making their own decisions on how to spend... Now they have less money TO spend than EU told them to throw in before... Great

Without British interference - or rather participation - in other parts of the world - and thus breaking international law - we would not have a refugee crisis... And many of those problems... Blaming someone else is always easier... Kindergarten kids do that too
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:28 pm

@ramsej: The English did indeed contribute a lot to the world, and yet they easily forget the contributions of the rest of the continent.
- Their valued democracy originated in Greece. Philosophy is almost entirely French/German/Greek.
- The greatest works of art are all by Continental artists - the only real English artistic movement is the Pre-Raphaelite period.
- In literature they have produced some excellent works, and yet innovations always preceded them in Europe (especially in France). And I will personally always favour Irish and Scottish literature over British when it comes to the English-speaking world.
- The great classical musicians are all from elsewhere in Europe.
- In science they had highly influential figures like Darwin and now Hawking, but we can't forget the likes of Einstein and Marie Curie.

Saying that the English have shaped Western civilization politically, historically, and economically is a massive exaggeration, and this is coming from someone who greatly appreciates Britain and its way of life.

In today's world, progress seems to have moved almost entirely to the USA considering the predominance of the Internet. In the past, the Arab world was highly influential. No one country can claim to have shaped progress to that extent.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:29 pm

#12 wrote:Without British interference - or rather participation - in other parts of the world - and thus breaking international law - we would not have a refugee crisis... And many of those problems... Blaming someone else is always easier... Kindergarten kids do that too

Not to mention, the EU as it is today has mostly been shaped by the UK....

I'm still amazed at how people can complain about the EU not being 'democratic' enough, and yet not saying a single word about the House of Lords, OR the new Prime Minister who will have a very important say in how the UK will develop, and whom will now be chosen by a couple of hundred Tories....
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:39 pm

Roonzil wrote:
#12 wrote:Without British interference - or rather participation - in other parts of the world - and thus breaking international law - we would not have a refugee crisis... And many of those problems... Blaming someone else is always easier... Kindergarten kids do that too

Not to mention, the EU as it is today has mostly been shaped by the UK....

I'm still amazed at how people can complain about the EU not being 'democratic' enough, and yet not saying a single word about the House of Lords, OR the new Prime Minister who will have a very important say in how the UK will develop, and whom will now be chosen by a couple of hundred Tories....

Not to mention such an emphasis on an outdated monarchy. :lol: Sure, its powers are much less nowadays, yet millions are spent on the monarchy (dunno whether the tourism industry built around it makes up for it) and the first thing Cameron felt he needed to do this morning was to consult the Queen. #-o

That article mentions the invention of Parliament to reduce the monarch's influence, which is true, and yet they only managed 10 years of Republicanism before restoring the monarchy. It mentions the breaking away from Catholicism, but only to replace it by another form of religion and put the monarch as the head of the Church (though I am not sure whether it was always like that). Consequently, British monarchs came to believe they have some divine right to rule. And like the infamous religious wars we now speak about, Protestantism too led to violence; just look at Ireland. Republicanism and secularism is all on France. The English did it first, but they didn't exactly succeed. :coffee:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Saying that the English have shaped Western civilization

Is true... more than one time.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:46 pm

JANKER wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Saying that the English have shaped Western civilization

Is true... more than one time.

I did not deny that, but they cannot make an absolute claim to it. It's exaggerated.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:52 pm

They can take credit the most... they made some very important calls in history... even for this Europe as we know it today.
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:01 am

Military decisions - with the aid of the US - and of course the importance of the Industrial Revolution cannot be overstated. Identity-wise, however, I think they haven't contributed much, although it is hard to pin down a definition of what makes us European. To me, our cultural heritage and our philosophy/thought is a big part of that.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge