You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World News Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: World News Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:52 pm

But do you seriously believe that if there were no EU and it was back to early 20th century single states, the politicians would no longer think about themselves first?

The problem is not the EU. People in the US say the same things about their leaders.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Surge in online interest in Irish passports after Brexit vote [source]
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:00 pm

the leaders that we have managing the EU want to destroy the identity of each member.
They even suggested to have the EU flag for any given event instead of the country's flag. They want to replace us with cheap workers...
The project stared years ago with the so called guest workers from Turkey...
They want to have a common army.
They want to survile us every second.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:42 pm

What's your problem with the army all of the time? You at war?

You're missing the key point again... Your problem is not EU... It's not politicians... It's modern capitalism... Where enterprises have a huge influence on politicians... Problem is not politicians, they're only puppets in this game as well... Problem is people keep kicking down (cheap workers, refugees, immigrants) instead of up (managers, banks, corporations...)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANKER » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:45 pm

"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:46 pm

I'm watching the news now, and I don't understand what people expect when they say they want other countries to follow. So everyone will be behind their big walls, pulling up their drawbridges again?? Is that truly what people want? Because that'll be helpful in a global world like today's. How can people think we can go back to the way things were before the EU or before the Euro? That time has gone, won't ever come back.

Concerning the workers from abroad...I had a discussion with someone this morning about this exact topic, and he had a point I hadn't given any thought. He said that with the Babyboomer generation getting older and older, we'll soon be thankful for the working immigrants, filling up the gaps that might've otherwise appeared.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby JANKER » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:52 pm

"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:58 pm

OK fair point. But who led our societies to have less and less children? one maybe two if possible 0...
On the other hand the guests will have four to six on average. Are you happy with that... ?

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Roonzil wrote:Concerning the workers from abroad...I had a discussion with someone this morning about this exact topic, and he had a point I hadn't given any thought. He said that with the Babyboomer generation getting older and older, we'll soon be thankful for the working immigrants, filling up the gaps that might've otherwise appeared.

The UK in particular needs immigrants. I'll speak with regard to my own background. The UK has a massive problem with foreign languages, having too many monolingual speakers (unlike the rest of Europe). That is a huge problem in the world of business and will only become more serious once they're on their own. Immigrants (the honest kind) were alleviating the problem.

EDIT: I took a Buzzfeed quiz aimed at telling British people where to move just for fun and it told me to move to the Netherlands. :mrgreen: I visited last year and I must say, I would definitely move in the blink of an eye. :)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:OK fair point. But who led our societies to have less and less children? one maybe two if possible 0...
On the other hand the guests will have four to six on average. Are you happy with that... ?

Not really sure who you're hinting at in your first sentence...Pretty sure the EU didn't tell people to get a certain amount of kids ;) Also I'm fairly sure if you go to the more Christian religious areas in Europe (I only know that it's the case in the Netherlands), the families will be just as big.
And even if immigrants have big families, as long as they participate in society that shouldn't be a problem imo.

EDIT: @FCBayernMunchen You are more than welcome :P Beware though, our football league is boring...might occasionally have to pop over to Germany for the good stuff.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Roonzil
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Roonzil wrote:EDIT: @FCBayernMunchen You are more than welcome Beware though, our football league is boring...might occasionally have to pop over to Germany for the good stuff.

I'm from Malta. Your football league is amazing compared to what I'm used to. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:05 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Roonzil wrote:EDIT: @FCBayernMunchen You are more than welcome Beware though, our football league is boring...might occasionally have to pop over to Germany for the good stuff.

I'm from Malta. Your football league is amazing compared to what I'm used to. :lol:

Fair point! :lol: Now all you need is to learn a wee bit of Dutch (or Frisian) and you're good to go!

Roonzil
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:15 pm

I know some very very basic words but that's it. It's a nice language and seems much easier than German.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Roonzil wrote:Anyone want to adopt me in that case? I'm a horrible cook (apart from breakfast dishes), but I am great fun during Bundesliga Season!

You good lookin'?
Bring cheese!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I know some very very basic words but that's it. It's a nice language and seems much easier than German.

If you know English and some German, Dutch should be doable. Frisian even better, considering that's more closely linked to Old-English and the Scandinavian languages.

#12 wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Anyone want to adopt me in that case? I'm a horrible cook (apart from breakfast dishes), but I am great fun during Bundesliga Season!

You good lookin'?
Bring cheese!

Obviously I'm bringing cheese...you didn't think I'd travel anywhere without a wheel of my favourite food, did you? On the looks department, not for me to judge :P

Roonzil
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge