You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

World Cups vs Champions League

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Which competition make your football heart tick most?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 pm

World Cups
64%
Champions League
23%
Another International One (Euro etc.)
No votes
Local Leagues (PL, BL etc.)
No votes
Both WC and CL
9%
All
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: World Cups vs Champions League

Postby Element » Tue May 24, 2011 11:34 am

IN World cups matches are either TOP TOP TOP TOP or Boring , and players are ready to DIE for every ball

and it has more meanings , the NT is the ambassador of its country , even people who hate football FOLLOW It

channels that are not related to sports follow it

Germany vs Argentina and Germany vs england , those 180 minutes were talked about more than the 62 years of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict !!

When football World cup is on , The earth stops spinning even if the match is between small countries

in Champions league , The Boring matches are less than in world cup , and there are more GREAT MOMENTS , but THIS FUN is only for Football fans , and it is all about winning for money or titles

also Champions league is played on an entire saeson , so sometimes we have to wait months (end of ground phase and beginning of KO) for the next match of your team

and it is not alone

the world cup is played When no other football competition is played , and all matches are played in 1 country
========================
Champions league is the best Competition on club level

World cup is the best national teams Level

The chances of seeing an entertaining match football-wise is higher in Champions league IMO ( in World cup , only Germany and Uruguay created Great moments,While the champions league last year was THE PEAK of Entertainment )

But General atmosphere , more fuss , family activity... World cup and by faaaaaaar
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:39 am

Element wrote:But General atmosphere , more fuss , family activity... World cup and by faaaaaaar

The only World Cup I have been to was in Germany '06 and the atmosphere behind the Brandenburg Gate through the Teirgarten was unbelievable. It was actually quite overwhelming. Though I was lucky enough to go to the Sweden vs Paraguay group game, it wasn't a very good match for neutrals.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby tflags » Tue May 24, 2011 1:03 pm

UK might have won the Malvinas, But Argentina won the WC. Guess who enjoys it the most?

Only the WC can do that to fans...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Basit-B » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:43 am

I don't know why but the quality in the WC has diminished over the years. The last WC i actually enjoyed was in 2002....na i quite liked the 06 one but the 2002 one was the best. The latest one in 2010 was just horrible and boring IMO.

I know how big the WC is etc but i just find the CL alot more entertaining than the WC.
Basit-B
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby quaazi » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:14 am

The main problem is that the winning teams are teams who let in the least goals, not score the most. As a result, from 2004 we've had Greece, Italy, then Spain twice. All absolutely awful teams to watch.

I wouldn't say it was boring, though. Germany single-handedly saved that tournament (Uruguay was pretty fun to watch too, mostly due to Tabarez' tactical shenanigans).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Bazi » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 pm

The tactical and technical quality of the Champions League is without any doubt far superior to the World Cup but especially in Europe football is the last refuge for our old concepts of the enemy. So the World Cup (and the EC as well) is very much about emotions and the desire to crush the "arch enemies" though we all pretend to have overcome such emotions in our postmodern times.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:26 pm

quaazi wrote:he main problem is that the winning teams are teams who let in the least goals, not score the most. As a result, from 2004 we've had Greece, Italy, then Spain twice. All absolutely awful teams to watch.

I wouldn't say it was boring, though. Germany single-handedly saved that tournament (Uruguay was pretty fun to watch too, mostly due to Tabarez' tactical shenanigans).

I don't think Spain are boring to watch, but yeah, they didn't score a lot in WC 2010..

I agree that Uruguay was a joy, especially because they finally got back on the world radar. Uruguay is one of the most successful countries in international football. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby supra969 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Let's see doing all the dirty work and then spain comes in and takes all the glory

No thanks
i love teams that park the bus
supra969
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SilentStrike » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:26 pm

I love the world cup. For an entire month there's a match almost everyday and each match is played as if it's a final. So much heart and passion.
And it's great as every cafe you pass it's filled with people watching whether it's football fans or not. Last WC I was at the beach in Spain and every so many hours the beach would empty and all the little cafe's or restaurants along the beach would fill up.

The champions league is generally only interesting for me when Bayern plays and some other teams to a lesser extent. But when Bayern does play a KO match then I'm so extremely nervous it's on par with World cup. I just hate how you have to wait for such a long time between matches. That's why there's no surprises in CL. To win you must be strong for an entire season. To win the WC a country has to be in good form for just one month.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Previous

Return to The Lounge