You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Who do you think the German NT should keep or get rid of?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Who do you think the German NT should keep or get rid of?

Postby tracylynn » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:21 am

It's the holiday's and there's nothing on TV so I've been watching a lot of the German NT games and it got me wondering. Which player do you think Loew should get rid of, or at least bench, and who do you think he should put on the team, whether they get to start or not? Keep in mind some players are getting up there in age so who knows how much longer they'll play for the NT.

I'm still debating as to who he should get rid of, though there are a couple that seem to be standing out at this moment, but I know he should put Gomez (of Stuttgart) on the team. There's someone else that I like but he's name is escaping me at the moment. :oops:

Any thoughts?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:02 pm

I don't know whom to get rid off...I like all of them...Schneider is losing it. Maybe he could be replaced with a much younger talent. Also, I would like to see Odonkor out. He's just got pace...that's it.

I would like to see more of Trochowski, Hanke and Borowski...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:08 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:I don't know whom to get rid off...I like all of them...Schneider is losing it. Maybe he could be replaced with a much younger talent. Also, I would like to see Odonkor out. He's just got pace...that's it.

I would like to see more of Trochowski, Hanke and Borowski...

Soon schneider will be replaced by deisler but i want deisler to play in the cam
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:47 pm

I'm not very convinced by Hanke :/ + I'd also like to see Gomez in the team. How old is he?

Since Klose is getting on a bit, I'm wondering who will become Podolski's new striking partner, because Loew's gonna have to start thinking about that, especially with Klose out of the Czech Republic match innn - February/March?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:09 am

Mirage wrote:I'm not very convinced by Hanke :/ + I'd also like to see Gomez in the team. How old is he?

Since Klose is getting on a bit, I'm wondering who will become Podolski's new striking partner, because Loew's gonna have to start thinking about that, especially with Klose out of the Czech Republic match innn - February/March?

I do believe Gomez is 21, the same as Podolski. Klose is only 28, but by 2010 he'll be 32 and he might still have the juice or he might not. Time can only tell. I just had a thought (funny, huh?) maybe that's why Klose put highlights in his hair, to hide some gray. :lol:

As for Schneider, well it was obvious that the team missed him against Cyprus because Odonkor just wasn't cutting it. If Schneider gets put on the bench then that's fine because, IMO, he's still doing a fine job.

As for Hanke, well I'm still debating on him. There's times when I think he's doing a fine job and there's times when I'm thinking, "What are you doing?" So, I'll give him a little bit more time before deciding his fate.

For your consideration, the players on the present team who are 30 or above.
Frings & Ballack = 30 years old
Lehmann = 37 (will be retired after Euros 2008)
Neuville & Schneider = either 32 or 33 years old (do believe 33 though)
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:47 am

I really want Gomez on the team, but I don't think Low will call him up anytime soon. We've got a whole slew of strikers, and once Podolski gets back on his feet then there's not really a need. Also think Rensing should get a chance sometime in the future after Lehmann retires. Do you think he'll be third-string goalie if he's ever called up? Considering Enke as the probable second string and Timo as first.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:56 pm

Well, considering that Kahn will retire around the same time as Lehmann, Rensing might do better than third place if he starts playing well in the Bayern first team. But there are loads of other good keepers in Germany... Rost, Butt, Wiese... so you can't really say.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:12 pm

Get rid of Timo from the team...He's not good enough...lol

We should have Rensing has first choice, Enke as second and wiese has third.

Borowski/Polanski/Trochowski/Kehl will evenetually replace Ballack and Frings duo.

Deisler and Schweinstieger will take the wings..and our defence is pretty young.

As for strikers, I will have Hanke on the team. He is immense talent, very fluid on the pitch. He is just naive... So, he has to be groomed.
Gomez can be a sub and he can be in under 21 roster for some more time.

How is this Schlaudrauff(did is spell it correctly) ?
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:57 pm

Hmm we should find some anti-ageing potion and put it on the German NT because I really like it as it is. But I guess there are a lot of young 'uns coming through that will develop and mature etc.
I'm also worried about Hildebrand. He doesn't seem as confident as he does for Stuttgart.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nessa13 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:21 am

i say we should get rid of timo and put wiese because he is much better. maybe then but enke and then timo. cuz im srry but timo suks. hes good looking, but thats no good in game. lmao
schweinsteiger&podolski4life
nessa13
Getting the hang of it

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:32 am

I guess Low didn`t bring anything new for the German team.. he just completed what Klinsman had done!! :shock:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:59 am

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:I guess Low didn`t bring anything new for the German team.. he just completed what Klinsman had done!! :shock:

I don't really agree with this statement. Most of the folks that I know who have seen the film, Deutschland Ein Sommermarchen, have said that you could tell that Loew was the tactician in the locker room. Klinnsman was the motivator but Loew was the tactician.

I think both Klinnsman and Loew brought something to the team and what they brought created something magical. Yes, Loew is carrying on with what Klinnsman brought to the table but that should be expected.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:52 am

Germany coach says country boasts 'golden generation' of players

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - Germany's national soccer team boasts a "golden generation" of players with more talent on the way, the coach said Monday.

Joachim Loew and his staff drew a glowing picture of 2006 after the three-time World Cup champions finished third this year, playing a rebuilt, young team that triggered euphoria among the German public.

"With young players like Philipp Lahm, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Lukas Podolski, Per Mertesacker and so on we have in the upcoming years something like a golden generation," Loew said.

Loew said 12 to 15 more young German players are pushing to join the team and his goal was to integrate them into the team in 2007.

He named several potential players, including Stuttgart's Mario Gomez, Hertha Berlin's Kevin-Prince Boateng and Borussia Moenchengladbach's Eugen Polanski, and said he will meet with them in January to discuss their chances.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby draconaut » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:36 am

fanOfBayern wrote:Get rid of Timo from the team...He's not good enough...lol

We should have Rensing has first choice, Enke as second and wiese has third.

Borowski/Polanski/Trochowski/Kehl will evenetually replace Ballack and Frings duo.

Deisler and Schweinstieger will take the wings..and our defence is pretty young.

As for strikers, I will have Hanke on the team. He is immense talent, very fluid on the pitch. He is just naive... So, he has to be groomed.
Gomez can be a sub and he can be in under 21 roster for some more time.

How is this Schlaudrauff(did is spell it correctly) ?

What about Ottl?
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Return to The Lounge