You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What song are you listening to?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby Paddy » Wed May 09, 2007 7:54 am

MUTU wrote:Probably she meant death metal :)

I can assure u band with that kind of name isn´t death metal. :lol:
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed May 09, 2007 8:10 am

Black metal is cooler anyway :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Wed May 09, 2007 10:43 am

MUTU wrote:Black metal is cooler anyway :P

nah..
melodic death metal is cooler :P
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Wed May 09, 2007 10:59 am

Real death metal ownes it all. Though some melodic death metal is cool like At the Gates but they are heavy and fast. I like technical death metal.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Duncan » Wed May 09, 2007 3:15 pm

tracylynn wrote:Duncan, I have never heard of any of the music you have listed in this thread. What type of music are they? Are they heavy metal, death rock, soft rock, country (jk), or techno music. Sorry, but I'm being lazy today and I don't have the energy to look any of them up.

It's mostly guitar + drum based music

Putting into genres is always difficult and it always annoys special people, but nonetheless my favourite genres are indie rock, alternative rock, emo and most bands I listen ti fit into this scheme. Though several bands belong to subgenres like brit rock/pop or have (strong) influences from other music genres (e.g. Postal Service has strong electronic influences). Another criteria is that the music I listen to is mostly english music (mainly from the US or UK) , since I don't like german music at all though there are several exceptions to the rule like Kettcar

An easy way to look the bands up I listen to is www.last.fm, which is also a very good choice when want to get to know new bands or so
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby diegis » Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 pm

Dimension Zero - Troops Of Doom
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Paddy » Wed May 09, 2007 5:06 pm

Yup....mine is http://www.last.fm/user/JezusSlaves/

Municipal Waste - Headbanger Face rip

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed May 09, 2007 5:13 pm

I like Pandora.com.

It plays songs based on the genres/artists you choose which is kinda cool. It will introduce you to some artists which you have never heard of..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Wed May 09, 2007 5:39 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:I like Pandora.com.

It plays songs based on the genres/artists you choose which is kinda cool. It will introduce you to some artists which you have never heard of..

I don´t trust sites. It´s the same with last.fm. I only trust music forums.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Duncan » Wed May 09, 2007 5:58 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:I like Pandora.com.

Pandora is good too, but it is using a different method. Pandora analyses music by its musical attributes and then generates comparable tracks or artists. The result is really really good, I have to admit. Whereas Last.fm is using a user recommendation system to determine similar artists. This system also works quite well in my opinion, though Pandora can offer more surprising choices. Unfortunately Pandora is only available to the US, Canada and the UK thanks to RIAA rulings. So from Germany you have either to wait and hope that Pandora becomes available again or try using a proxy.

That's really a shame since last.fm or pandora is what I regard as the future in the form of personalized music streams. Normal radio is dead!

Currently listening to:

Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Thu May 10, 2007 2:26 am

Thank you, Duncan, for answering my question. You're such a cool guy!

This is the song that is on XM radio right now...U + Ur Hand by Pink.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Walls » Thu May 10, 2007 4:54 am

lol na man! death kicks it to the gutter
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Paddy » Thu May 10, 2007 2:50 pm

Walls wrote:

lol na man! death kicks it to the gutter

Hell yeah

Tho I´m listening to a really cool black metal band from from Jerusalem, Israel.

Melechesh - Rebirth Of the Nemesis :twisted:

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:25 pm

i got trouble- christina aguilera
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Thu May 10, 2007 5:15 pm

bayern1301 wrote:i got trouble- christina aguilera

Keeping with your Christina Aguilera theme......Hurt
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge