You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What song are you listening to?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby tracylynn » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:04 pm

Numb
In The End
Somewhere I Belong
Faint
Crawling
One Step Closer

All songs by Linkin Park.

I just love Linkin Park because I can relate to what they're saying in their songs.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:51 am

tracylynn wrote:I just love Linkin Park because I can relate to what they're saying in their songs.

Agree, Linkin Park is rockin. Have you heard My December? I'm trying to find a recording of it without actually paying for it if you know what I mean :P

Staple It Together - Jack Johnson

Surfer turned singer, watchin' a good ol' baseball game, warm night, and I'm feeling fine :)
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Haha people are diffrent. To me Linkin Park is whinny emo music. :D No offence tho.

Pantera - No Good ( Attack the radical)
- F****** Hostile
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:23 pm

Linkin Park are pretty good..

I used to be a huge fan...But not anymore...Kinda got bored. But, I still to them sometimes...just for a change. :)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Sam » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:25 pm

Escape the Fate - The Webs we Weave

Don't half those thrash metal bands sing about cutting themselves and killing themselves as well? In my experience they basically sing about the same things as 'emo' bands, but they scream and have sweet-break downs, which cause circle pits, which causes me to do push ups in the middle of them. If that makes sense?
"Some people think football is a matter of life or death, but it's far more important than that." - Bill Shankley
Sam
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Der Kaiserin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:29 pm

นิก รณวีร์ - ฝืน
Der Kaiserin
Getting the hang of it

Postby Paddy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:35 pm

ummm...no thats not thrash.... or death metal....those bands sing usually about...wars, killing somebody, serial killers, insanity, satanism, politics, gore, drug abuse etc.

Bands that scream and have break-downs are influenced by thrash metal but have more hardcore in them.

With thrash and death metal is more hate driven whil emo bands have like songs about their failed love lives and how they want to die because they don´t see the point in living.

In metal is more like : why hurt urself, if u can hurt others. :D

Oh and if u come to a metal show and start pushing people around, like punks and HC fans do, u will get ur ass kicked because many metalheads hate punks. :D

Dew-scented - Vortex

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:24 pm

Sam wrote:Escape the Fate - The Webs we Weave

Don't half those thrash metal bands sing about cutting themselves and killing themselves as well? In my experience they basically sing about the same things as 'emo' bands, but they scream and have sweet-break downs, which cause circle pits, which causes me to do push ups in the middle of them. If that makes sense?

You should listen to Classic metal...like Judas Priest/ Iron Maiden/ Motley Crue /Black Sabbath etc...

it's mostly about the wars, gods, sometimes love , etc...

I esp. feel that Iron Maiden lyrics are greattt...and so is their music...

Just listen to "Run to the hills" and "Running Free"( try to listen the "Live at Donnington" version)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:56 pm

It depends...you know I like Judas Priest and Black Sabbath but would rather die than listen to IM. :D

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Believe it or not but there are some metal/hard rock bands that actually have songs that have meaning to them. Good example is Iron Maidan's Run To The Hills which is about the Native Americans. It's a good song and Bruce really rocks in that song. It might surprise you but even Metallica's Nothing Else Matters is about Hatfield's failed relationship and that's an awesome song.

IMO, emo music don't always sing about failed relationships. Do they sing about it at times? Of course. What one needs to realize that love is a common theme because everyone experiences and many songwriters write what they know and feel. There's nothing wrong in that. You just need to know what you like and you will find that there are some good songs out there.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:45 pm

I´m not saying that its bad...I just don´t like it. It´s not my thing. You know sure everybody loves and so on but do I want to hear about it? No. And many metal songs have meaning to them. It´s just that most of the lyrics are dark or hateful, but it doesn´t mean they aren´t meaningful. To each his own I guess. And yes EMO is 100% emotional. If its not love it´s something goddamn depressive, tho I like some depressive stuff like some stoner metal or some doom, but not depressive, like whinny shit.
And Metallica was a metal band in the 80´s. The release of the ˝Black Album˝ with NEM and Enter Sandman is their downhill. Tho it´s a solid album I can´t stand those two songs and a couple of others. They sold their souls for money.

NP: Vital Remains - Reborn the Upheaval of Nihility

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:38 pm

Immortal Techniques - Caught In A Hustle :wink:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Running Free - Iron Maiden Live at Donnington

Bruce's best live performance... :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:50 am

Paddy wrote:I´m not saying that its bad...I just don´t like it. It´s not my thing. You know sure everybody loves and so on but do I want to hear about it? No. And many metal songs have meaning to them. It´s just that most of the lyrics are dark or hateful, but it doesn´t mean they aren´t meaningful. To each his own I guess. And yes EMO is 100% emotional. If its not love it´s something goddamn depressive, tho I like some depressive stuff like some stoner metal or some doom, but not depressive, like whinny shit.
And Metallica was a metal band in the 80´s. The release of the ˝Black Album˝ with NEM and Enter Sandman is their downhill. Tho it´s a solid album I can´t stand those two songs and a couple of others. They sold their souls for money.

NP: Vital Remains - Reborn the Upheaval of Nihility

No one said that you had to like it. I was really directing my comments to Sam and not to you. However, all music, no matter what kind it is, is emotional 100% of the time. They all deal with something that folks can understand emotionally, therefore it's 100% emotional. :roll:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:52 am

Talk by Coldplay
I Know You're Out There Somewhere by the Moody Blues
Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC
Thunderstruck by AC/DC

What a weird combination of music. :lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge