You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What movie have you just watched?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What movie have you just watched?

Postby Ruht » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Ruht wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Watching Btooom! Sort of Battle Royale only with bombs.

You watch animes? Can we be best friends? :oops:

Ive seen a lot of animes that i could hardly remember them all. Some of my favorites though are: Black Lagoon, Requiem of the Phantom, Code Geass, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Darker than Black, etc.

We can be friends too!

I've watched some of those as well! I still haven seen Code Geass, don't know why I'm delaying it. Is it worth it?
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

What movie have you just watched?

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Ruht wrote:
We can be friends too!

I've watched some of those as well! I still haven seen Code Geass, don't know why I'm delaying it. Is it worth it?

Hahaha! I delayed Code Geass for around a year till recently and i was left asking "WTF was i thinking?". Its a great anime and a must watch if you call yourself a fan. Both seasons are equally good too!
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Code Geass is in my top 5 animes of all time. Its brilliant.

I also <3 Gungrave, Berserk, Planetes, Log Horizon (ongoing), SAO (first half), Trigun, Baccanno! to name a few.
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ruht » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:32 am

Fair enough, I'll definitely watch it at some point then. Seen lots of people recommending it, guess I can't go wrong :D

@Aequitas - Berserk was a very good anime, left me speechless at the end. Can't tell you how down I was feeling after the last episode!
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby AdepT » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:57 am

Anime talk, eh? :mrgreen:

After a long time it's here. My updates :-

1. Code Geass is awesome. I tend to like it more than Deathnote. :P
2. I finished Samurai Champloo a month back and it's great. I never delete my fav animes so it's been granted a 3GB space on the hard-disk. :D
3. Naruto Shippuden is going so astray. I left watching the anime few months back. I am currently continuing with only manga. Even that is testing my patience.
4. One Piece :- Nothing, just wanted to put it here because I love it so much. :mrgreen:
5. Berserk : I read the complete manga. That art. Unparalleled in the manga world, dare I say. I've not seen the anime. Probably won't. However can anybody tell me where the story ends in the anime? It has got very few episodes. Does it stop at the 'conversion' of the beautiful man-friend of Gantz into a God-hand at the expense of his own sacrifice? :curious: :P
I loved it in the beginning but that too has gone astray after some 250 champters. Bringing East mythology was a bad move, I think. The terms(Pisacha etc), if anyone has read all 333 chapters, are Sanskrit terms, the ancient Indian language. We're taught that in schools. I would have liked to know the end but guess we'll never know now as the author has left it and moved on to another one. He was drained as I read on mangafox.
6. Claymore : I had seen the anime but thought of reading the manga. It's going pretty good. Nearing it's end.
7. Shingeki no Kyojin(seen anime), Kingdom(going on, story of the first Chinese emperor's conquest of all states in China, do read it and even watch it, it's very good) are the ones I watched recently.
8. Stopped D-GrayMan anime knowing it's incomplete. Haven't been able to continue the manga.
9. Started Ghost - 07 manga but stopped in middle again. It's slow.
10. Soul Eater looked a bit funny. But didn't continue long with that either.
If anyone's read D-Grayman, Ghost -07 and Soul Eater completely, do give some input how good the story gets.

I have moved on from anime(except for OP). Reading manga is pure pleasure plus I am an year ahead so I won't have to regret I missed some 50 chapters if I die accidentally. :wink:

Currently reading Tower of God(mahnwa, it's good), Liar Game, Kingdom; and NS, OP, Bleach, Shigeki no Kyojin, Claymore.

I'll start Baccano next.

PS : @Aequitas : What's Log Horizon about?
Also if somebody likes mind-fk level crazy stuff, do watch Mirai Nikki. Elfen Lied is not even close.
It's Evangelion level crazy but in a very bad crazy way.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:12 am

Forgot to add C - Control, Fractale, and Guilty Crown :P

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby runaway » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:37 am

hahaha you guys watch animes too? Currently watching Psycho Pass.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:34 am

Log Horizon is basically like SAO - about being stuck in MMO world but I think for the most part it does it slightly better than SAO in terms of detail to gaming.
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby AdepT » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:38 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:Log Horizon is basically like SAO - about being stuck in MMO world but I think for the most part it does it slightly better than SAO in terms of detail to gaming.

I'll watch it then this weekend.

Have you seen .hack//sign ?
That too is MMO based short anime.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Ruht » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:11 am

I've seen a lot of people recommending Log Horizon and also saying that it is better than SAO. Haven't watched it still but I did like SAO, although it was a little too cheesy at times.

By the way I highly recommend Zetsuen no Tempest. I watched it recently and it's definitely one of my favourites and would probably re-watch it again in the near future.

Code: Breaker is also interesting, if you are into the magic theme kind of animes.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Code Geass has great character development and story. Was sad for one week when finished watching it. :oops:
If I don't like MMOs would I enjoy watching Sword Art Online ? Psycho-Pass seems really interesting and from the synopsis it reminds me of Ghost in the Shell. I'll watch that after Btooom!

AdepT watch Baccano! in English. Much better than the Japansese dub! Ladd Russo is one of the best anime characters.

Since there are several who watch anime, can anyone recommend anime similar to Paranoia Agent, Texhnolyze and GiTS.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:06 pm

One i just have to recommend is Rahxephon! One of the best and most underrated anime in my opinion. Back log and save it for later you will not regret it!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:59 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Code Geass has great character development and story. Was sad for one week when finished watching it. :oops:
If I don't like MMOs would I enjoy watching Sword Art Online ? Psycho-Pass seems really interesting and from the synopsis it reminds me of Ghost in the Shell. I'll watch that after Btooom!

AdepT watch Baccano! in English. Much better than the Japansese dub! Ladd Russo is one of the best anime characters.

Since there are several who watch anime, can anyone recommend anime similar to Paranoia Agent, Texhnolyze and GiTS.

Thanks MaCk0y! I'll surely watch it.
Could you please tell me if it's complete? And it isn't a case where the anime production stop and manga continued?

About SAO, it's good. A mixture MMO and some heart-felt emotions. I liked it. I wish they could have included more boss-fights and all. I'd recommend to stop after first arc though. :)

Are you watching Kingdom yet? That one I'd recommend in a blink. Give wars, tactics, history, badassness and I am all up for it. :D

If you like reading, I'd recommend Tower of God. A mahnwa and coloured pages. It's building up great. And man, the girls in this one are like wooh! Sometimes it feels weird to like a anime female character so much. :oops:

I haven't watched the ones you mentioned in your question at the end. A brief search tells me 'weird' sad stories and all. I'll give those a go after Baccano. Maybe Wolfs Rain could interest you. I've not seen it yet but heard good enough recommendations.
And surely you must have seen NG Evangelion!

Anyone who could recommend a sport anime? I think I'll start one of them too.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:One i just have to recommend is Rahxephon! One of the best and most underrated anime in my opinion. Back log and save it for later you will not regret it!

Watched it. :wink:

AdepT wrote:Could you please tell me if it's complete? And it isn't a case where the anime production stop and manga continued?

It ends well IMO. Make sure to download all episodes. There are 3 extra episodes; in total 16. Don't know about the manga but I read a couple of years ago that they were going to make a second season but so far nothing.

AdepT wrote:Anyone who could recommend a sport anime? I think I'll start one of them too.

For Sport anime definitely One Outs! I don't like baseball but I really enjoyed watching this anime mostly because it is a psychological anime and the protagonist is all about strategy, tactics and psychological warfare with his opponents. Couldn't wait to watch the next episode to see his next move. Also learned a bit about baseball. For football I recommend Giant Killing (no super powers like in Captain Tsubasa).

Watched Evangleion as well.

I don't read manga but if I head to read one it would be Berserk.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Ruht » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:37 am

MaCk0y wrote:Code Geass has great character development and story. Was sad for one week when finished watching it. :oops:

It doesn't matter if you are into the MMO genre of games or not, you'd enjoy both animes in my opinion. Although being a huge fan of MMO's did indeed make me like SAO much more :D

Sadly I can't recommend any animes similar to the ones you mentioned as I'm not really into that genre.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge