You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What movie have you just watched?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What movie have you just watched?

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:19 pm

tflags wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:brilliant Snatch!

When I watched Snatched I went from totally bored to ROTFL faster than a Dortmund counterattack. Pair it with 'Pulp Fiction' and you will have yourself one heck of a weekend.

As a Tarantino fan, I've seen Pulp Fiction many, many times and I never get bored of it. It's a movie with everything intertwined with the word "motherf**ker". :lol:
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:22 pm

If you really like Pulp Fiction, I suggest you watch Baccano! in English. Excellent English voice acting for once!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AdepT » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:39 am

Did I just find someone who likes anime? :)

I haven't seen Baccano! yet.
Well, there's Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis Evangelion that are great.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:41 am

AdepT wrote:Did I just find someone who likes anime? :)

Watched both of them. Really like the OST of Cowboy Bebop. Yoko Kanno is one of the best composers. Who doesn't like Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV ? :P I recommend MONSTER if you haven't watched it yet. It's the only anime that I wish they make a live action series or 2 part movie or something. Obviously by a competent director. There were rumors of such but I guess they never materialised. It's a realistic thriller anime mostly based in Germany but also in other European countries such as France and Czech Republic (or Czechoslovakia can't remember the timeframe) so it's already different than the rest who are mostly always based in Japan.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby AssemFCB » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:09 pm

I just finished Apocalypse Now, very deep and thought-provoking. I especially loved the last 15 minutes as it seemed very surreal.
Spoiler: show
I noticed some parallelism between the buffalo and Kurtz during the last scene. Both are glorified in some sort of manner, but in reality they are not as important as they are made out to be. They are also both killed in a similar manner. I also disliked the fact that the puppy disappeared in the middle of the movie.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:12 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
AdepT wrote:Did I just find someone who likes anime? :)

Watched both of them. Really like the OST of Cowboy Bebop. Yoko Kanno is one of the best composers. Who doesn't like Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV ? :P I recommend MONSTER if you haven't watched it yet. It's the only anime that I wish they make a live action series or 2 part movie or something. Obviously by a competent director. There were rumors of such but I guess they never materialised. It's a realistic thriller anime mostly based in Germany but also in other European countries such as France and Czech Republic (or Czechoslovakia can't remember the timeframe) so it's already different than the rest who are mostly always based in Japan.

I watched tonnes of anime. Haven't seen anything good recently though.

Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Code Geass
Berserk
Gungrave

are some of my favs

but the two that really stand out for me are

a little known anime called Planetes
and the funniest thing in anime Gintama
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Really liked the concept of Planetes. Haven't watched Gintama. Samurai Champloo OST is also great. I wish they continue Berserk anime. Immense story and characters. The new movies are just a rehash of the tv series with a lot of IMO awful CGI. If you want a good laugh check out GTO, Young GTO, Golden Boy and Trigun. :lol: I read that they will continue Code Geass or do a movie. Gungrave would have been a great mafia-anime were it not for the monsters.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby AdepT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:02 pm

I am big ANIME fan.

My favorites include One Piece(It is awesome), Hunter X Hunter, Deathnote, Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass and Sword Art Online(One of the new ones). I also liked Rurouni Kenshin, Kenichi,Ao no Exorcist, Hitman Reborn, Bleach, Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (excluding the fillers. That really irritates me).
Dark ones include Elfen Leid, Claymore and there's one about a time-god making 10 people play games so he can choose his successor. These are kinda sick.
There are few that get boring from time to time but I still continue with them - Fairy Tail, Toriko etc.

I'm yet to see Monster(I know the storyline), Berserk, Ranma and Stien's Gate.
Recently started watching Samurai Champloo, D-Gray Man, Guilty Crown and Zetsuen no Tempest. Seen few episodes of Gintama.

There's one I'd like to strongly recommend. It's named "Kingdom" based in ancient China. The animation might annoy you for first 2 episodes but then it'll be fine.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 pm

I also watch One Piece weekly. :) Although funny moments have decreased. :( Elfen Lied OP is great (Lilium). Claymore was OK. What's the name of the time-god anime ? I also like 'mind-f*ck' anime such as Evangelion, Rahxephon, Serial Experiments Lain (WTF) and Texhnolyze. Another one I watched but I am still super WTF about what happened story wise was Boogiepop Phantom. Another one of my favourites is Paranoia Agent. I also recommend, since we are on a football forum to watch Giant Killing. It's about a Japanese football team and their coach. Nothing like Captain Tsubasa. It's more about the tactics of the game and character development. For some Hollywood action, I recommend Black Lagoon.

Some One Piece goodies :) :

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby AdepT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Eiichiro Oda is a fuc*ing genius. One Piece has become a part of my life. I thank God for this. :D
Every character & arc is developed in so detail and with so many funny and sad moments.
My favorite character being Zoro & very close next being Luffy. I love them all so much.

I looked for that anime in history of my Firefox(No, not you my friend if you happen to see this :P). It's named Mirai Nikki(Future Diary) and it is beautifully sick. Ironical! The girl is the sickest character I have ever seen in any anime. I was always like 'FU Biatch'.
You can watch it here.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Yeah Zoro is great. I relate to Zoro because I get easily lost as well. :P BTW, I also like One Piece OST. I like quite a lot of Anime OST. Some great soundtrack you can find in Anime. One Piece's OST is mostly of orchestral type. I especially like Luffy versus Ratchet Round 2 soundtrack which is generally played when something badass is going to happen :P like at 0:53 :

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:26 am

Just finished Fight Club, turns out I had a totally wrong idea of what the movie's about. Se7en and American Psycho are next on my list!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 am

AssemFCB wrote:Just finished Fight Club, turns out I had a totally wrong idea of what the movie's about. Se7en and American Psycho are next on my list!

Aseem, what I said before about these movies, there is nothing wrong with your selection... It is just that they are a bit creepy. Great movies nonetheless; except Fight Club which I didn't particularly like. American Psycho is Bale's best; though weird as hell. That business card part was hilarious.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AssemFCB » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:14 pm

tflags wrote:
AssemFCB wrote:Just finished Fight Club, turns out I had a totally wrong idea of what the movie's about. Se7en and American Psycho are next on my list!

Aseem, what I said before about these movies, there is nothing wrong with your selection... It is just that they are a bit creepy. Great movies nonetheless; except Fight Club which I didn't particularly like. American Psycho is Bale's best; though weird as hell. That business card part was hilarious.

Haha, I understand, no worries. I heard great things about Amercian Psycho, which is why I want to watch. I also want to add Amercian History X to that list, I saw a trailer that interested me.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AdepT » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:52 pm

^American History X is nice. One of the Edward Norton's best movies.
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge