You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What movie have you just watched?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What movie have you just watched?

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:16 pm

MoFattal wrote:On another note, good movies are becoming really rare. I can't remember the last time I liked a movie and started recommending it to friends. I am fond of psychological thrillers and government intelligence shit, so if anyone can recommend something nice, I'd appreciate it :D

I also like that genre...you probably saw everything good there is:)

but If not...you should see "The secret in their eyes" movie. Really great...maybe it does not have government stuff but has a great story.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:57 pm

Since there is this thread dedicated to movies, can someone please explain how the f*ck did Batman get away from a 'six mile radius' nuclear bomb in like two seconds? :evil:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:12 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:
MoFattal wrote:On another note, good movies are becoming really rare. I can't remember the last time I liked a movie and started recommending it to friends. I am fond of psychological thrillers and government intelligence shit, so if anyone can recommend something nice, I'd appreciate it :D

I also like that genre...you probably saw everything good there is:)

but If not...you should see "The secret in their eyes" movie. Really great...maybe it does not have government stuff but has a great story.

Thanks :) I've heard a lot of nice things about this movie, and already have on my hard drive, but didn't watch it yet. Will probably do so then in the next couple days. As long as it's a combination of mystery/thriller, it's very well suited for me ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:13 pm

tflags wrote:Since there is this thread dedicated to movies, can someone please explain how the f*ck did Batman get away from a 'six mile radius' nuclear bomb in like two seconds?

Well if Batman couldn't, then who could ;) ?
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:47 pm

MoFattal wrote:I can't remember the last time I liked a movie and started recommending it to friends

Not even Inception?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:49 pm

tflags wrote:Since there is this thread dedicated to movies, can someone please explain how the f*ck did Batman get away from a 'six mile radius' nuclear bomb in like two seconds? :evil:

It's a new technology being developed by the Japanese after the Fukushima disaster :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:50 pm

MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:I can't remember the last time I liked a movie and started recommending it to friends

Not even Inception?

His mind was probably in too much pain to remember to tell anyone after that movie!
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:39 pm

MUTU wrote:

Not even Inception?

No, that was an amazing movie to be honest. But after that, and also a long period before it, the good movies were handful only.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Some time ago someone recommended me 'The Tall Man'. You can call it a psychological thriller. Some people were disappointed with the movie because the trailer pictured the movie as a horror movie, which isn't. I found it really good and even surprised me. I recommend it.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:27 pm

MUTU wrote:

Not even Inception?

I saw inception 2 times...and yes I get it...but it is really not so fascinating...It was made to be great but everything is just too complex and leaves people with a lot of questions. I hate those kind of movies...It looks like they are trying to make it as complex and confusing as possible and expect for people to call it art or something.
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:31 pm

MaCk0y wrote:

Some time ago someone recommended me 'The Tall Man'. You can call it a psychological thriller. Some people were disappointed with the movie because the trailer pictured the movie as a horror movie, which isn't. I found it really good and even surprised me. I recommend it.

I saw the tall man...
Spoiler: show
but the messege they tried to put out was really bothering me. Messege was something like this.."If you have poor parents and they are not as perfect as some rich ones that play tennis, went to fancy schools etc...you are better of without them and we can ship you to some people that have more money". And director and writers in the end actually try to make you feel that doing that is right.

Great flick but disturbing messege.
sch0ll7

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 am

Regarding The Tall Man...

Spoiler: show
You're right but isn't it better for a child to be brought up in a better environment and have better opportunities for the future than they will ever have by staying with their current family ? At least the 'rich' would do something good. I guess the method they chose is not something to be proud of by kidnapping the kids but as was told in the movie, bureaucracy rules and nothing will be done.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby lau03143 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Paul

I really like Simon Pegg, and this plays to my inner sci-fi geek! A good film!

8/10
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby AssemFCB » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm

I can't wait for this!
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 am

You guys want some recommendations eh? :) I might have recommended some of these to older users before.

Primer
To this day the most **** movie I have seen. Inception is nothing compared to this.

In The Loop
Probably one of the funniest political satire films to come out since Dr. Strangelove.

A Prophet
One of my all time fav gangster/prison movies.

A Dirty Carnival
Koreans are the kings of making amazing gangster movies in my opinion and this is by far the best one out of Korea.

Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Probably the best movie in the last decade in my opinion.

Lost in Translation
Anything Bill Murray has a major role in is gold and this is one of his best performances.

I Heart Huckabees
Hilarious.

Boy
Hilarious as well.
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge