You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What movie have you just watched?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What movie have you just watched?

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Commodore » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:20 pm

So I watched Prometheus last night.

Basically the movie is dogshit. No, it's utter dogshit.

Movie spoilers below:

Spoiler: show
The second they take their helmets off basically ruined the movie for me already. Not that that's the only issue I have with the film, but seriously WTF?

You're about a bajillion light years away from earth on an unknown planet and you randomly decide to breathe in the air because it has enough oxygen according to your instruments? That it could also contain, you know, germs, viruses, the like, didn't occur to you? You're (supposed to be) an elite team of scientists but the utter lack of scientific protocol knows no boundaries in this movie.

In the end I just laughed my ass off about them touching just about everything and anything they encounter, about the love interest dude of the "Ripley" chick randomly binge drinking because he's depressed because he made just about the most important scientific discovery in the history of mankind, but...

... it wasn't exactly what he thought it would be.

Way to go. Yeah Mr White! Yeah, Science!

Man, this film sucked. Jesus Christ, I honestly don't remember when I last watched a film that sucked as much as this one did.

I could do without gorgeous CGI. What I can't do without is writers that have at least a slight clue of how things would be handled by a science team in these conditions. Actors who have a hint of talent would help as well.

Would have liked Malcolm McDowell to be cast into the role of the old dude for example. Might have given the movie some character.

As it stands, though, the movie is nothing but a sorry try to squeeze out some money from people who love the Alien franchise.

Thank god for piracy.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Commodore: Being a top ranter ever since something pissed him off XD
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:04 pm

The Sopranos
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Commodore » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:40 pm

To add more fuel to the flame, here's a hilarious .gif I have just found. I guess technically it is a movie spoiler, I just refuse to give a f*ck, because the movie is so bad, if you go and watch it and don't enjoy it because the .gif I posted, well, I don't care.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Commodore wrote:So I watched Prometheus last night.

Basically the movie is dogshit. No, it's utter dogshit.

Movie spoilers below:

The second they take their helmets off basically ruined the movie for me already. Not that that's the only issue I have with the film, but seriously WTF?

You're about a bajillion light years away from earth on an unknown planet and you randomly decide to breathe in the air because it has enough oxygen according to your instruments? That it could also contain, you know, germs, viruses, the like, didn't occur to you? You're (supposed to be) an elite team of scientists but the utter lack of scientific protocol knows no boundaries in this movie.

In the end I just laughed my ass off about them touching just about everything and anything they encounter, about the love interest dude of the "Ripley" chick randomly binge drinking because he's depressed because he made just about the most important scientific discovery in the history of mankind, but...

... it wasn't exactly what he thought it would be.

Way to go. Yeah Mr White! Yeah, Science!

Man, this film sucked. Jesus Christ, I honestly don't remember when I last watched a film that sucked as much as this one did.

I could do without gorgeous CGI. What I can't do without is writers that have at least a slight clue of how things would be handled by a science team in these conditions. Actors who have a hint of talent would help as well.

Would have liked Malcolm McDowell to be cast into the role of the old dude for example. Might have given the movie some character.

As it stands, though, the movie is nothing but a sorry try to squeeze out some money from people who love the Alien franchise.

Thank god for piracy.

I also hate it...it really has nothing to offer.

We just had a debate about that movie with my friends...and I just couldnt believe that one of my friends finds it interesting. One of the worst movies in recent years.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby hhhh4 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:52 pm

IMDB Prometheus Ratings: 7.4/10 from 171,172 users

I don't know why your hating on this film it was a hit at the cinemas and has a good rating if you like sifi films you will like this film too.

I would not say that it is one of the best films but it stile a ok film compeered to all the crap and remakes that are being released lately.
hhhh4
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Korea North

Postby BayernLove » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:19 pm

A 7.4 rating on IMDb is like (most of) the chart songs nowadays: The general public rates it, people with decent tastes don't
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Commodore » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I also hate it...it really has nothing to offer.

We just had a debate about that movie with my friends...and I just couldnt believe that one of my friends finds it interesting. One of the worst movies in recent years.

I would have even liked it if it was an 80s monster/horror movie (or "Creature Feature" as they call them), because I enjoy those usually. I like them because mostly they don't take themselves too seriously.

Prometheus on the other hand tries to be really deep and philosophical and thought-provoking and whatever the f*ck else they want to convey with this film.

Yet it is...

... soooooo baaaaaaad

It's not even funny anymore (like Creature Features are on the other hand).

The best part is that they already announced a sequel, because too many people have complained about all the loose ends and unanswered questions.

So, you're going to make a (most probably) shit film to explain another shit film because you were too shit to make the first shit film actually not shit and remotely comprehensible? Ever thought about making a film that, you know, makes sense on its own?

Good job Hollyw$$d, I'll happily pirate the sequel and then I'll rant on the internet about how I pirated it and about how much it sucked.

Random rant about a plot detail below:
So,

there's this machine that can perform all the most complicated surgeries that are even possible. It's installed in the lifeboat/lounge of Charlize Theron (♀). Later in the movie fake "Ripley" (♀) gets impregnated by the black alien-death-goo (OMG virgin birth this film is sooooo deeeep). She's obviously not a pro-lifer and wants an abortion, NOW!

So she goes to the all-powerful surgery machine and says:

Ripley: "I hate life! Kill my baby!"
Machine: "Sorry, can't."
Ripley: "Why the f*ck not?!!"
Machine: "You're a gal, I only do dudes, sorry."

So let me try and understand this. Charlize Theron (♀) travels a Phantastillion light years through space with a surgery machine that only operates on men (♂)???? REALLY??? I mean, REALLY????

Honestly, in the first second I thought this was a plot twist, like OMG Charlize Theron is a dude (wonder how the black captain dude that f*cked her earlier might feel about that), but no, it's just a random plot point to artificially add some unnecessary tension.

Anyways, Ripley quickly re-programs the thingy (lol) jams about an elephant's worth of syringes of painkillers into her body and has the machine do a cesarean on her.

It cuts her abdomen open, rips an octopus like alien out of her body, has Ripley herself rip out the umbilical cord with her bare hands, and then...

IT STAPLES HER THE F*CK SHUT!!!

Don't worry Ripley, you don't have any internal bleeding whatsoever. You can go right ahead and go all Lara Croft on everybody and all you have to do to convey to the audience that you just had a major invasive surgery that removed an aggressive tentacle-alien-death-thing from your abdomen is to once in a while let out a grunt while holding your belly.

I guess I could go on and on, about how nothing in this abomination of a film made sense, and why not, it's fun. Not now, though. Maybe later.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:17 pm

All this negativity made me curious, so I'll watch it. Thanks Commodore. :P At least there's Idris Elba in it.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Commodore » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Yeah, Idris Elba f*cks a dude in it. Or... a shemale. Or.... ah whatever, go watch it, don't complain to me after, though. You have been warned.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby hhhh4 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:34 pm

is one of thous films that will get lot of hate and lot of love, watch it yourself then decide don't listen to opinion from others they mite have diffident taste or know jack shit abut a good film .
hhhh4
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Korea North

Postby MoFattal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 am

MaCk0y wrote:All this negativity made me curious, so I'll watch it. Thanks Commodore. :P At least there's Idris Elba in it.

Hahaha I actually watched it yesterday after hearing all those rants by Commodore :lol: But really, the movie is so f1cked up. I'm pretty sure the actors themselves did not understand what the f!ck they were doing :D

Besides Comm's rants:

When the world's most dangerous storm-hurricane in a completely unknown planet with no understanding of the climate whatsoever happens, the crew are asked to go back quickly to the ship. Then, why the f!ck were those 2 crew members (the hardman and the nerd) back in the alien thingy :D?
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:32 am

On another note, good movies are becoming really rare. I can't remember the last time I liked a movie and started recommending it to friends. I am fond of psychological thrillers and government intelligence shit, so if anyone can recommend something nice, I'd appreciate it :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Mazen96 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Well, I saw A Clockwork Orange a couple of days ago. Not exactly a new movie, but one of the best movies ever. The message behind it is a pretty strong one too.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge