You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What movie have you just watched?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What movie have you just watched?

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Haha yeah that was funny jimmmmmyyyyyyy. :lol:

Also this is one unforgettable scene

Youtube comment:
I would like to hear the censored version... ;)
SlimShadysfaction

:lol:

I think I am going to watch Homicide: Life on the Street next. It is an old series, premiered in 1993 and is set in Baltimore as well. Follows the Homicide Department. Obviously I don't expect it to be near the level of The Wire.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106028/
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:53 pm

great scene Mackoy hehe...

Aequitas...it really is one of the best if not the best for my taste.

I forgot about Lester:)...he is some quiet thinking genius. I was always disappointed when Lester and Mcnulty were stopped from solving a big case...it was actually frustrating at times.

If those two were given free hands and some money + detectives they wanted and gave them a break for few years I am sure they would almost kill the crime in Baltimore...but I guess it was intended to show how things really are in the real world where everyone is corrupted and everyone fights his place under the money-pipe.

It was really disappointing when Carcetti was elected for Mayor`s office so he could do something good and he just acted like "man who always said shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit [clay davis :)]"....but than again we could see that those who have political power [carcetti, valchek, rawls etc...] really dont have the inner strenght to make the world/city better even if they wanted to do so before they were elected.

And on the other side you have people like Mcnulty, Lester, Daniels who are not angels but they will sacrifice themselfs just to make some things right...and in the end they always lose, no matter how hard they try.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Yeah, I was fooled by Carcetti. I really thought he would change Baltimore for the better but alas, although he had the trouble with the school budget, he was more preoccupied with becoming governor instead of managing Baltimore. I guess he succumbed to power.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Their new show Treme is also pretty good. Its very very diffrent to The Wire though, its more of a chill show to enjoy but still be educated by.

It set in new-orleans post Katrina and it basically tells the lives of musicians (jazz musicians), white folk, black folk, cooks etc since the hurricane. It has some cops and robbers in it but two seasons in, its a very different show.

The first season was troublesome for me, so many characters and the introduction was much much slower than The Wire. Second season was awesome, I really enjoyed the pace, much more like The Wire, slow but still each episode is packed with a lot of stuff.

I think if you enjoy Jazz/Blues, new orleans related music you will love the show, otherwise its tough to get into because each episode has like 10-15 minutes of actual performances.

Edit*

Also Mackoy tell me how is Homicide, its just that after The Wire I did not give it a shot, I was curious but I know it would be tough as I would always end up comparing the two.

And Scholl7, I really liked the HAMSTERDAM concept, that was so entertaining and interesting. You know the creators (david simon) when asked by a certain Mayor to make more seasons of the Wire said, they WOULD as long as the USA Government ends their war on drugs. :) They are really passionate about their work.
My Bayern Munich Video Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FEfz_Vu3Q&feature=player_embedded

#1 Fan of Thomas Muller in starting 11
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:47 am

I have not started watching it yet. About Hamsterdam, it was really thought of by an ex Mayor of Baltimore but it was shot down.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:36 pm

I think that Hamsterdam was pretty good but for different reasons...it gives peace to normal people who live in neighborhoods full with criminal..
But what I would do with Hamsterdam is...keep it closed like it was and slowly introduce an order on the inside....so it would bring more time to work on the "big guys" like The Greek...once you have everything under control and you dont put much energy in fighting with the local boys/small drug dealers...than you can spend your time studying the whole distribution process and start chopping off the head...after that it is easy to deal with small dealers as they dont have anything to sell:)

but that was just my imagination while reality is something different:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:And Scholl7, I really liked the HAMSTERDAM concept, that was so entertaining and interesting. You know the creators (david simon) when asked by a certain Mayor to make more seasons of the Wire said, they WOULD as long as the USA Government ends their war on drugs

There's no war on drugs. Wars end. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Latest episode (S04E08) of Breaking Bad was great. Got to know more about Gustavo.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:15 am

MaCk0y wrote:Latest episode (S04E08) of Breaking Bad was great. Got to know more about Gustavo.

Yeah i agree. Best episode this season. I guess he was an even bigger shot in Chile since he didnt get killed by the cartel. I wonder who he was in Chile.

Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Watched Conan the Barbarian at the cinema yesterday. Do not recommend.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Just watched LOST, the last 2 seasons. Didn't know the name was supposed to describe the writers...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:02 pm

tflags wrote:Just watched LOST, the last 2 seasons. Didn't know the name was supposed to describe the writers...

Haha, yeah it was a waste of time. :evil:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby dambun » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:41 pm

tflags wrote:Just watched LOST, the last 2 seasons. Didn't know the name was supposed to describe the writers...

Yeah... Lost was going to be one of the best TV series of all times.... But a very very bad ending ruined it... :evil:

It is such a shame.... Characters like John Locke and Benjamin Linus really deserved a better ending...
"" "" "" ""
Wake up, Mario!!! We need you!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby lau03143 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:17 pm

A Lonely Place to Die

This is a film produced in Scotland, so I don't know if it is available internationally. If it is, then it is worth a watch!

It started off with a few great shots of the hills and such, but then they went to a bothy and started drinking whisky and singing "Take the High Road".

But once all that was done, the story was quite good, and the stunt/action scenes were really well produced for quite a low budget film.

The whole Mardi Gras / Pagan parade was a total joke, but apart from that, I rather enjoyed it!.

8/10
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:32 am

I am trying to decide between watching

Drive

Or

Warrior

in the theaters tomorrow. I am leaning towards Drive cause it seems intense (and I like the directors previous works).

Anyone seen either of those? Or their friends? Any recommendations between the two?

Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge