You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What movie have you just watched?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What movie have you just watched?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:14 pm

MrLinky wrote:"Harry Potter", and also "Lord of the Rings" by the way, seem to be movies everyone loves but I hate. The whole Fantasy/Adventure movie section is just not my cup of tea at all.

While they really are very popular movies (and books), I would have to disagree on Harry Potter. I know a lot of people who don't like Harry Potter. It is very popular among teenagers and the younger generation, and also popular among the older generation but not with everyone.

On the other hand, Lord of the Rings is a classic which everyone of all ages likes.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:06 pm

I love both of those. They are just different than 90% of the crap that comes out. We can see at least 10 romantic comedies coming out every year and at least 10 crappy teenage movies per year. I mean some of those movies like American Pie were really good because they were something different at that time.

I like simple movies with a great story.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:11 pm

I also hate Harry Potter but liked LOTR. Anyone watched the movie 'Monsters' ? I enjoyed watching it. Don't expect an all out action packed movie. Not at all. It's a drama sci-fi.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Element » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:55 pm

I Really Like Harry Potter But I totally Hate Lord of The Rings

the movies i want to watch

-RED

-Jackass 3D

-Harry Potter

-Megamind
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby uzi716 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:43 pm

I have to disagree Element, Lord of the Rings is probably the best set of movies ever made.

But I am going to see Harry Potter in IMAX pretty excited about that. :D
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:47 pm

uzi716 wrote:I have to disagree Element, Lord of the Rings is probably the best set of movies ever made.

But I am going to see Harry Potter in IMAX pretty excited about that. :D

Your Opinion
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby shileno » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:19 am

Wow, I never knew someone could hate LOTR, they're simply beautiful and perfect movies =D>

Just saw Harry Potter 7, pretty good, I'm amazed of how this series have changed from the first movies/books.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby dambun » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Harry Potter movies are actually awful compared to the books... But still, I enjoy watching them because it reminds me of the wonderful world of HP and all the fun I had reading it.... Even though I get angry every time I watch a new HP movie, because I see how weakly they've created it, and how great could it have been, my overall sensation is still enjoying... Because I love the books...

"Lord of the Rings" series, on the other hand, are very very well-built to its littlest details!.... simply masterpieces.... I really loved and enjoyed watching them...

I was never a big fan of the genre, but LOTR and some other ones are changing it for me....
"" "" "" ""
Wake up, Mario!!! We need you!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:48 pm

shileno wrote:Wow, I never knew someone could hate LOTR, they're simply beautiful and perfect movies

I agree. In LoTR, the books/movies are filled with so much detail, and are so beautiful, that they make you wish that you were actually living in that world.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:41 pm

can i get a link for harry potter because i really want to watch it!!
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby uzi716 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Omar Bayern Munchen wrote:can i get a link for harry potter because i really want to watch it!!

Look it up on movieforumz or watch-movies. My guess is you wont find a good quality one until later as it just came out.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:54 pm

uzi716 wrote:
Omar Bayern Munchen wrote:can i get a link for harry potter because i really want to watch it!!

Look it up on movieforumz or watch-movies. My guess is you wont find a good quality one until later as it just came out.

well iam not from those people who care about the quality :)
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:55 pm

i just watched case
that scary movie
it was really scary !!!!
lol
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby uzi716 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Wow I thought Harry Potter kinda sucked. It was really boring, there was a lot of times I checked my phone to see how much longer it was. Part II better be the best movie ever or it would ruin the whole thing.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:44 pm

I just saw the new Harry Potter movie with my gf....and we both agreed it was boring comparing to previous HP movies.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge