You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What movie have you just watched?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

What movie have you just watched?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:54 pm

The best thing is that it's not an adaptation so it's hard to suck in a Hobbit way

@Roonzil: I started watching Sense8 in case you're interested ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: What movie have you just watched?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:56 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Amazing to see some of the creatures from the books coming to live. Not a movie for the critics but a loyal rendition to old Harry Potter fans. One can say, "fantastic" :) Hope they would expand this even more to other characters and lores in the universe. The Marauders, Hogwarts founders or Grindelwald would be nice.

Grindelwald is meant to feature in the series AFAIK

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The best thing is that it's not an adaptation so it's hard to suck in a Hobbit way

@Roonzil: I started watching Sense8 in case you're interested ;)

Already finished watching that...ages ago But thanks

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Thought you might have ;)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:21 pm

Have you started Designated Survivor yet? Very entertaining! Only downside: only one episode per week

Can't wait for Rogue One btw, trailer looked AMAZING in the cinema

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Waiting for the season to end before watching Designated Survivor.

I'm not too fussed about Rogue One tbh although it's true that the trailer looks great. I'll watch it but not particularly waiting for it.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Waiting for the season to end before watching Designated Survivor.

I'm not too fussed about Rogue One tbh although it's true that the trailer looks great. I'll watch it but not particularly waiting for it.

Designated Survivor is a typical predictable unoriginal series. Nothing special.

Westworld is the series to watch right now.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Roonzil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:47 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Waiting for the season to end before watching Designated Survivor.

Designated Survivor is a typical predictable unoriginal series. Nothing special.

To each their own, I like Designated Survivor.

Westworld is too much of a 'look at us being edgy' series for my taste...also, can't watch it here yet.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Am I the only one who dislikes Harry Potter? I was at the premier of the first Harry Potter movie with a bunch of other kids. After the movie finished, they interviewed us (this was for a TV show). I was the only one who was like "Naah. This sucks" :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:16 pm

Roonzil wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

To each their own, I like Designated Survivor.

Westworld is too much of a 'look at us being edgy' series for my taste...also, can't watch it here yet.

DS is fairly entertaining, but the characters and storylines are just so one dimensional and plain, I find it a bit bothering.

WW doesnt really try to be edgy IMO. The sci-fi is mostly there only as a context for a good mystery story. Oh, and the acting and production values are absolutely superb. Give it a chance when you can ;)

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:36 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Am I the only one who dislikes Harry Potter? I was at the premier of the first Harry Potter movie with a bunch of other kids. After the movie finished, they interviewed us (this was for a TV show). I was the only one who was like "Naah. This sucks" :lol:

Is this anywhere online? :P :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:18 am

Watched Fantastic Beasts last night and I agree with what Roonzil and Dumbledore said. I loved it, it's good even as a standalone film but I think only Harry Potter fans (and the fans big enough to grasp the hints and references) can truly appreciate it. Definitely has potential to be a great film series.

It has flaws though. At times I couldn't understand what some of the characters were saying, and some of the new creatures take time to be explained so it's a hit confusing at times. I bought the screenplay and I expect to understand and appreciate the movie even more once I go through it.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:54 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It has flaws though. At times I couldn't understand what some of the characters were saying, and some of the new creatures take time to be explained so it's a hit confusing at times. I bought the screenplay and I expect to understand and appreciate the movie even more once I go through it.

More than once was I glad that I live in a country where all English language films are subtitled. Never an issue with understanding characters (looking at you Bane in that one horrid Batman film). I agree that some of it was confusing at times. Both me and a friend didn't fully understand the background of the black blob of power thing....until we discussed it afterward.

Oooooh do let me know if the screenplay is worth getting, I was already thinking about getting it!

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:32 pm

Roonzil wrote:More than once was I glad that I live in a country where all English language films are subtitled. Never an issue with understanding characters (looking at you Bane in that one horrid Batman film). I agree that some of it was confusing at times. Both me and a friend didn't fully understand the background of the black blob of power thing....until we discussed it afterward.

Oooooh do let me know if the screenplay is worth getting, I was already thinking about getting it!

A bit expensive at the moment so probably worth waiting a bit. I mostly got it to keep my Harry Potter collection complete. I'll let you know though.

Yeah that blob thing (still don't know how to spell the name) was entirely new and it's only really explained briefly about two-thirds through the film. I wonder whether it was actually mentioned in the Fantastic Beasts books released for charity about 15 years ago. I'll check.

I don't know if it's just me but from the brief explanation I think JK Rowling introduced that creature to write LGBT undertones into the film...
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:20 pm

A bit late to the party but Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is pretty good :D
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge