You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

What do you listen to?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:36 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Paddy wrote:um...I like extreme Metal. Old metallica, slayer, death, pantera, cannibal corpse, deicide, spawn of possesion, Obscene Gesture, Exodus, Sodom, Dew-scented, Carnal Forge etc, vital remains, kreator etc.

I like some rock: Rage against the machine, Pearl jam, RHCP, AC/DC, Danko Jones ...

I also like Prodigy ( The fat of the land album)

But don´t think of me as a guy that has no respect for other styles of music. You have to atleast accept other styles of music otherwise you can´t go anywhere. :lol:

And no, I´m not angry or anything. :lol:

I didn"t see Slipknot on your list. I'm not a fan of them but I do know a lot of folks who love them.

Slipknot is more a band that people enjoy when they are 15-16. I don´t listen to them. That ˝I hate you˝ lyrics aren´t my style. :lol:
Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fa » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:32 pm

Anyone into Hardstyle, dance & trance, techno... ??
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:45 pm

fa wrote:Anyone into Hardstyle, dance & trance, techno... ??

Not too much into techno stuff....But I like to listen to Moby, Paul Oakenfold and Robert Miles
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:00 am

fa wrote:Anyone into Hardstyle, dance & trance, techno... ??

oh yeah. that's me. If you like I can write you a website where you can listen to those on the internet live.
FC Bajern

Postby Mirage » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:26 pm

I can listen to some dance/techno, but it's always mainstream stuff that's on the radio. I don't like hardcore, which a lot of kids I know love.
I only like one Slipknot song, and it's not even a rock one, more a ballad. I like their masks though :P

We call headbanging "moshing" over here :lol:
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:45 pm

Mirage wrote:I can listen to some dance/techno, but it's always mainstream stuff that's on the radio. I don't like hardcore, which a lot of kids I know love.
I only like one Slipknot song, and it's not even a rock one, more a ballad. I like their masks though :P

We call headbanging "moshing" over here :lol:

Yeah I know that word too. :lol: As far as I know, there´s a lot of metalheads in UK and good bands ... :D
Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:07 pm

There's a few decent bands over here. A lot of the mainstream stuff is Indie rock though, and that bugs me after a while :P I suppose we can brag Snow Patrol and Coldplay are British.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:00 pm

Mirage wrote:There's a few decent bands over here. A lot of the mainstream stuff is Indie rock though, and that bugs me after a while :P I suppose we can brag Snow Patrol and Coldplay are British.

I was thinking more of Metal bands but yeah UK has sucessful babds in every genre
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:31 pm

I don't know any british metal bands :P err, Motorhead, are they metal?
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:06 pm

Mirage wrote:I don't know any british metal bands :P err, Motorhead, are they metal?

Yeah and Iron Maiden, Judast Priest, Black Sabbath. :D
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:07 pm

Mirage wrote:I don't know any british metal bands :P err, Motorhead, are they metal?

Yeah. Have you ever heard the song, "Ace of Spades." Actually, metal music was started in the UK with acts like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maidan. Metal music has evolved through the years but those bands, especially Black Sabbath, started it.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:20 pm

tracylynn wrote:

Yeah. Have you ever heard the song, "Ace of Spades." Actually, metal music was started in the UK with acts like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Iron Maidan. Metal music has evolved through the years but those bands, especially Black Sabbath, started it.

Well first supposed metal riff is by Led Zeppelin but yeah the first metal bands were Judas Priest and Black Sabbath.
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:24 am

Actually, Led Zeppelin/Black Sabbath were one of the first .. But I think both of them fall under Heavy rock category.

NWOBHM was started by JUDAS PRIEST....and then carried on by number of bands out of which Iron Maiden are the most famous.

I consider AC/DC as metal too...even though they tend to deny it. :)
Last edited by fanOfBayern on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:08 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Actually, Led Zeppelin/Black Sabbath were one of the first .. But I think both of them fall under Heavy rock category.

NWOBHM was started by JUDAS PRIEST....and then carried on by number of bands out of which Iron Maiden are the most famous.

I consider AC/DC as metal too...even though they tend to deny it. :)

Black Sabbath are in my eyes pure heavy metal. Heavy riffs, dark music and lyrics. AC/DC I don´t know more of a hard rock but why should it matter. As long you like the music it´s not important what genre it is.
Paddy
I post all the time

Previous

Return to The Lounge