You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What Cellphone Do you Currently own?

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Element wrote:You Drool and I Buy

Today I have bought the Samsung Galaxy S2

AWESOME PHONE SO FAR

Nice one Element!
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Element wrote:
tflags wrote:I have a Samsung Android Galaxy S. Drooling over the new one, the Galaxy S2... The battery in the only complaint I have about the first one

You Drool and I Buy

Today I have bought the Samsung Galaxy S2

AWESOME PHONE SO FAR

Nah, I just didn't want to change my iPhone 5... :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby lau03143 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Just got a Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray a few days ago and I'm really liking it. Far superior than my BlackBerry Storm that I had previously!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:34 pm

I hate Blackberry :P

Which reminds me ...

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Iphone 5 - versus- Galaxy S III

Postby OhioFan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:21 am

I've been waiting for the I5 to be announced to compare to Galaxy S III before buying a new smartphone.

After reading a blow by blow of today's announcement on the I5 I am leaning towards the I5 because it still has the 64 GB memory of the I4s (double the S III) with a larger screen (not as big as SIII) and (finally) best of all 4G LTE.

Any thoughts?
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United States of America

Re: Iphone 5 - versus- Galaxy S III

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:34 am

I think this Samsung vs. Apple "duel" is a little over the top. Putting brands aside I'd take a close look at the things you need. What's important to a person? So I believe there is no right and wrong. There were however some important points for me which lead to my smart phone of choice. HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola and even Nokia have very fine products in their portfolio that are worth taking a look at. So why limit yourself to Samsung and Apple?

I personally wanted:

1. Excellent audio quality: I need to understand my conversational partners crystal clear. After all It is for business purposes, too
2. Excellent display quality: Wouldn't want to ruin my eyes looking at one of those lousy displays would I?
3. A High-value chassis: Don't like the feeling of cheap plastic in my hands. Eew.
4. A very good car navigation service: Why spend money on one of those firmly installed ones if you can have it in your smart phone.
5. Smooth software performance: No lousy Android software which results in lags or needs a Quadcore to run smoothly
6. A good camera: I kind of enjoy making the occasional photograph of my sorroundings.
7. A good amount of services / apps: Most importantly a smart phone that has them already installed instead of forcing me to search through thousands of different applications that vary in quality and value.

I didn't need extra an extra long lasting rechargeable battery or a large hard drive so for me personally it was the Nokia Lumia 900 and I just love it. Other people may look at me and say "Eeww, Nokia? That's so last millennium!" but what is easily overlooked is the simple fact that it is a great product.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sooperdice » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:33 am

My first smartphone is the galaxy s3. And I'm really happy with it.
If the storage space is a deal breaker or maker door you. Take note the s3 has a microsd slot in it.
Ive put a 32GB card (you can put a 64gb if you need) in kind which I store all my music apps and videos in. Works seamlessly.

I much prefer android over ios.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
sooperdice
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:49 am

Bazi wrote:I didn't need extra an extra long lasting rechargeable battery or a large hard drive so for me personally it was the Nokia Lumia 900 and I just love it. Other people may look at me and say "Eeww, Nokia? That's so last millennium!" but what is easily overlooked is the simple fact that it is a great product.

Eewww! Nokia? :) Microsoft Windows Phone ???? Double eewww :P
Really, in the iPhone/Android era, why choose a limited / outdated from it's genesis OS for your phone?

I agree with most of your list, except:
4. It's good to have a backup navigation / map in your smartphone, but a dedicated car GPS is the best scenario always.
5. I agree that there are some badly written software in Android but there are some great ones, also. And almost all of them are free. No need to pay for Angry Birds like you do in iPhone.

As for the dilemma of the topic, both of them are great phones, with great hardware, but it all comes down to what OS you like. Personally I wouldn't buy an Apple product for ethic reasons that have their roots back in 90's, but it's your choice. Try to hold both phones in your hand and see whats fits best in your needs.

In general, tough call. Take a look at the following:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/ ... -galaxy-s3
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-57 ... e-numbers/

I agree with this:
" The Samsung Galaxy S3 is more flexible, with expandable memory and a more malleable OS. However, the metal body of Apple's phone feels a lot more premium, and is a much friendlier design for those with less than giant hands."
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:10 am

The Iphone4 was my first Apple product, and I'm pretty sure that most of my future phones would be Apple made.

Although, for tablets, I am a Samsung fan, because of the 1) Easy to use Android computer-like software 2) Free apps 3) Video & File Extensions.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:22 am

There is a phone better spec wise than both of them. The Oppo Find 5. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:52 am

Bazi wrote:I didn't need extra an extra long lasting rechargeable battery or a large hard drive so for me personally it was the Nokia Lumia 900 and I just love it. Other people may look at me and say "Eeww, Nokia? That's so last millennium!" but what is easily overlooked is the simple fact that it is a great product.

Eewww! Nokia? :) Microsoft Windows Phone ???? Double eewww :P
Really, in the iPhone/Android era, why choose a limited / outdated from it's genesis OS for your phone?

I agree with most of your list, except:
4. It's good to have a backup navigation / map in your smartphone, but a dedicated car GPS is the best scenario always.
5. I agree that there are some badly written software in Android but there are some great ones, also. And almost all of them are free. No need to pay for Angry Birds like you do in iPhone.

The Nokia navigation is really one of the best there is. I have taken a long look at other products on the market. The fix installed ones attract thieves and I just don't like the look of it in my car as I only need it on very few occasions.

I wonder that you call the Nokia Lumia 900 outdated and limited. Perhaps it is true in a enthusiast way of thinking but as a customer it matches all my demands towards a smart phone. Moreover Windows phone doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. It runs smoothly, without fail, has all the applications I need and is intuitive. Furthermore the exclusive Nokia services are of high quality and I really wouldn't want to miss them.

Would have been interesting to know what exactly I can't do with my Lumia 900 that other phones do better.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 am

AvatarX wrote:Microsoft Windows Phone ???? Double eewww

True... the OS is what keeps me away from that smartphone.

I am not an obsessed fan boy of either Apple or Google. I have only bought my first Android device very recently (and I'm delighted with it) and have never owned an Apple product. I tend to stay away from Apple for reasons such as price, the time between new releases and simply preferring the competition, but I do appreciate that they make great products and can see myself owning one in the future.

Regarding the topic, it really depends on whether you need ALL of the I5/S3 features. To be honest after the iPhone 5 release I think the 4S will be a pretty good deal.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:27 am

Bazi wrote:I wonder that you call the Nokia Lumia 900 outdated and limited. Perhaps it is true in a enthusiast way of thinking but as a customer it matches all my demands towards a smart phone. Moreover Windows phone doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. It runs smoothly, without fail, has all the applications I need and is intuitive.

TBH I might be a bit biased against M$ windows software (in general - MUTU knows more) but from what I've seen/tried I think that Android / iOS are some steps ahead.

BTW I had an HTC touch some years ago, with windows mobile 6. Unfortunately I cannot say that there is no fail etc. as it needed at least 1 reboot every week :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:46 am

Windows Phone is the best OS mobile out there. The Lumia 900 has only ONE very serious flaw: The new one just came out.
iPhones are for people that like to have basic functionality incorporated into their phones two years later on a show that catches everyone's attention and reveals nothing the competition has not had for at least 1 year before.
The Galaxy III is one heck of a phone. If it was as polished as Window's mobile OS, it would be a... well, a Windows phone. Hardware wise, nothing matches; though I have not seen the new iPhone 5 yet.
Blackberry 10 is.... well.......... dead. Has it come out yet?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:45 pm

I love having an old outdated basic phone and watching all these fanwank wars from afar.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge