You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: What Cellphone Do you Currently own?

Postby MUTU » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Element wrote:how much did it cost ?(or did you get it on contract)

Approx 519 euros including shipping from the UK. Quite expensive but it has the potential to last me a few years. My T-Mobile G1 (aka HTC Dream) only lasted me 2 years and it's become so unusably slow that sometimes it's too slow to even allow me to accept incoming calls, lol :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:14 am

Element wrote:My Brother (whom you might know as Weaselini from the World cup tipping game as he won it tied with AvatarX) has bought Nokia's Powerhouse Phone NOkia N8

Is that the one with the 12 megapixel camera?

I was interested in getting it but ultimately decided on the C7 because of the design.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:08 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Is that the one with the 12 megapixel camera?

I was interested in getting it but ultimately decided on the C7 because of the design.

yes

and my brother was actually going to buy c7 , but in his opinion ( and mine too) , the Design of C7 is soooooo crap (my opinion sorry), that he paid extra money to get N8
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:31 am

Element wrote:and my brother was actually going to buy c7 , but in his opinion ( and mine too) , the Design of C7 is soooooo crap (my opinion sorry), that he paid extra money to get N8

Heh, opinions. Personally I don't think the design is anything special, but I hate the N8's design.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I don't really like Nokia phones. I think they have pretty good hardware (especially the cameras) but their OS (Symbian) sucks and their newer experiment (Maemo) is an unexplicable effort to clone Android.

I bought my first Android phone two years ago, and I don't intend on looking back. I like how multiple manufacturers are using it, which increases reachability and has now become more attractive to app developers than any other mobile OS. iPhone? It's got good hardware (especially the very high resolution which is unmatched on Android I think) but you need to pay for for apps, plus you won't have Adobe Flash whilst browsing.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:46 pm

MUTU wrote:I don't really like Nokia phones. I think they have pretty good hardware (especially the cameras) but their OS (Symbian) sucks and their newer experiment (Maemo) is an unexplicable effort to clone Android.

I bought my first Android phone two years ago, and I don't intend on looking back. I like how multiple manufacturers are using it, which increases reachability and has now become more attractive to app developers than any other mobile OS. iPhone? It's got good hardware (especially the very high resolution which is unmatched on Android I think) but you need to pay for for apps, plus you won't have Adobe Flash whilst browsing.

All is true

also The Resolution of Apple Iphone 4 is the highest between cellphones , with a technology called Retina Display

simply amazing
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:08 pm

MUTU wrote:I think they have pretty good hardware (especially the cameras) but their OS (Symbian) sucks and their newer experiment (Maemo) is an unexplicable effort to clone Android.

Nokia have a software agreement with Microsoft now though
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Psychaz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Element wrote:
MUTU wrote:I don't really like Nokia phones. I think they have pretty good hardware (especially the cameras) but their OS (Symbian) sucks and their newer experiment (Maemo) is an unexplicable effort to clone Android.

All is true

also The Resolution of Apple Iphone 4 is the highest between cellphones , with a technology called Retina Display

simply amazing

HTC Desire HD is better than the Iphone IMO in nearly everything
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Let me compare HTC Desire HD, iPhone 4 and my phone (Motorola Atrix --- BTW, it's SUPERB!)

Check 1: resolution
1) iPhone 4: 640 x 960 pixels
2) Motorola Atrix: 540 x 960 pixels
3) HTC Desire HD: 480 x 800 pixels

Check 2: screen size (not too relevant in my opinion, but interesting that they are the other way round compared to resolution)
1) HTC Desire HD: 4.3"
2) Motorola Atrix: 4"
3) iPhone 4: 3.5"

Check 3: processor
1) Motorola Atrix: 1GHz dual core (i.e. two processors of 1GHz)
2) Joint between iPhone 4 and HTC Desire HD (1GHz)

Check 4: RAM
1) Motorola Atrix: 1GB
2) HTC Desire HD: 768MB
3) iPhone 4: 512MB

Check 5: Camera
1) HTC Desire HD: 8 megapixels
2) Joint between Motorola Atrix and iPhone 4 (5 megapixels)

So, for speed go for Motorola Atrix, for flashiness (screen size and camera) go for HTC Desire HD, and for emptying your pockets and getting a status symbol (?) go for iPhone 4.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:02 pm

MUTU wrote:emptying your pockets and getting a status symbol (?) go for iPhone 4

:lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:15 pm

walter wrote:Let me quote myself since it seems this thread is just to show off :lol:

Also, can you guys recommend a good Android app to follow Bundesliga results, Bayern or European results???

Poor guy, nobody answered you :(
Last time I checked on Android the results weren't convincing. At the end I was using Opera Mini to access www.livescores.com. That's not a typo, it's livescores not livescore. It's the same as livescore.com but with less menus and stuff on the side and basically much cleaner for viewing on a mobile phone.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:18 pm

I really would like to buy Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 (runs Android)

but the problems are

1-it does not play DIVX/XVID

2-no Equalizer in Music player

so are there FREE APPLICATIONS FOR THOSE IN ANDROID MARKET?

if not

Then The Coming soon Nokia X7 will probably my next phone (4 inch /4 speakers !! )

it has GREAT FEATURES (basically all the things i want) But I dont count Symbian Phones as Smartphones (yet it has everything i need so i wont really need APPS)

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x7_00-3664.php
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Of course there are equalizers in music players!
This is an example of a very popular Android app: http://powerampapp.com/

As for DivX/Xvid I am not sure since I have never tried this, but I did a small research and found this: http://www.rockplayer.com/index_en.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:37 am

MUTU wrote:iPhone? It's got good hardware (especially the very high resolution which is unmatched on Android I think) but you need to pay for for apps, plus you won't have Adobe Flash whilst browsing.

Try the Samsung Galaxy S as it is called in the US. They use the huge OLED screens which is like comparing a tennis court against a soccer field in size and in color it is like watching a security camera monitor against a, well, OLED screen. They had so much demand for it they had to come up with a version just with an LCD screen because they could not produce enough screens.

They have just come up with the new S2 BTW. It is a dual core which apparently renders it twice as fast. The Galaxy S is the best selling Android phone for Samsung and I think it is up there with the Moto Droid in overall sales...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:02 am

The Galaxy S II has not come out yet, or JUST come out. It will be even faster than the phone I bought (Motorola Atrix), because it has 1.2GHz dual core (mine has 1GHz) and the same amount of RAM (1GB). But it has the same screen as the HTC Desire HD (4.3", 480x800 pixels) whereas the Motorola Atrix pushes more pixels in a smaller screen size (4", 540x960 pixels).
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge