You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Honestly, it's either 8/8+ or nothing. I would rather buy Samsung than spend over 1000 for the iPhone X.

I am an iPhone user but haven't always been. Actually, I used to say I would never buy Apple because you end up paying for the brand. What pushed me over to Apple was having lots of trouble with my Play Store account, but also my various phones used to give me trouble and I used to change phones every 2 years. The iPhone 6S will soon be the phone I've used longest, and it feels almost as good as new.

Although it's true that Android lets you do more with your phone, I've found iOS preferable. It's annoying that apps tend to cost more, but I don't buy many apps anyway. The truth is, though, that Apple haven't really been innovative in ages. When Android fanboys say they've had iPhone features for years, it's usually true, although one might argue that Apple only launch them once the technology works well and comfortably. After my experience with the 6S, I decided I would make my next phone an iPhone as well. I've simply found the hardware+software a good and reliable package that serves all my needs and hasn't given me any trouble. I'm willing to pay more for that, even if the phone has less features.

So yes, I would get the iPhone 8 over any Android phone for that reason. The iPhone X though? No thanks. Paying an extra 300+ just for that reliability is just too much of a premium. My friend bought an S8+ for 699 yesterday. It's just stupid to pay so much more for a similar phone.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31357
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8829 times
Been thanked: 7435 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Electronics

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:15 pm

I haven't yet looked at the difference between 8 and X... If I feel like you about it, I'll probably go for 8 as well... But since my contract deal literally JUST ran out, I'd hardly feel those 300 bucks anyway
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2531 times
Gender: Male

Re: Electronics

Postby fae lure » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:11 pm

looool at crapple leaking out every single bit about their new garbage just to get hype, literally no surprises :D
about the lies- oh they're so nice to fail and release things when 'everyone's comfy' :lol:
oh hey luk @ dis fone literal lee fullskrean xperience! ok so just ignore that ugly fat whatever surrounding everything and the cameras also mmmk
everything 'good' about them, esp the undeserved image, 'innovation spirit' is all thanks to a skilled liar steve making every weakness look nice with his nonsense, as well as the never ending media trolling

now they've robbed you enough with half assed, fat watches, so you get to overspend for a fat one that can make calls finally! introducing the wrist revolution!
oh hey you know stores? pffff ye ye it's about making you spend as much as possible, grandma, but it's not a store! it's a town square! :shock: =D>

I get that many people are swayed due to complacency or risk aversion or wtv, in fact I have a cheap droid tablet and was thinking about the $329 ipad loool, but this may be a freak case cause the thing is... weird. had a slightly more expensive one and it was already nicer, I'm sure good ones prob much better. but still, both companies are evil scumbags and droid is just a pos system, like why do you reject downloading directly to sd, then randomly start accepting it somehow... damn lag, reboots etc... when it was new, it had some grid on top of the apps to show where it was touched :? small things but killers with time

as for phones, don't look to crppl, just get v30 or mi mix2, amazing!
for myself I really like the lg q6, just sell it in Europe already! can anyone make a case against q6 and for anything more expensive? 3gb ram, 2:1 1080p screen, fantastic looking... the aforementioned two are the absolute best of the best, sure, but I'm not trying to make sci fi movies on the phone, q6 seems perfect
fae lure

 

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 pm

#12 wrote:I haven't yet looked at the difference between 8 and X... If I feel like you about it, I'll probably go for 8 as well... But since my contract deal literally JUST ran out, I'd hardly feel those 300 bucks anyway


That's true, something to consider. Our contract options here in Malta suck tbh. I've always found it better to buy outright since I still benefit from student bundles (and probably will until I move out of Malta considering the lack of checks). Long term it works out much cheaper.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31357
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8829 times
Been thanked: 7435 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:48 pm

fae lure wrote:now they've robbed you enough with half assed, fat watches, so you get to overspend for a fat one that can make calls finally! introducing the wrist revolution!


The Watch 3 really is a huge gimmick, as was the Watch 2 to a certain extent.

I recently bought a used first generation Apple Watch and it's a great device though. It's made a significant difference to my everyday life, more than I thought it would. I got it quite cheap, cheaper than most smartwatches in the market and other than a couple of scratches it was in great condition. I agree the original price is too high but the device itself is great. I have no idea why anyone would pay more to get one of the later generations as the first one does everything a smart watch should do.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31357
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8829 times
Been thanked: 7435 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Electronics

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:I haven't yet looked at the difference between 8 and X... If I feel like you about it, I'll probably go for 8 as well... But since my contract deal literally JUST ran out, I'd hardly feel those 300 bucks anyway


That's true, something to consider. Our contract options here in Malta suck tbh. I've always found it better to buy outright since I still benefit from student bundles (and probably will until I move out of Malta considering the lack of checks). Long term it works out much cheaper.


Main difference is the face recognition if I'm not mistaken?

Some options are good here - you gotta look for a while though...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2531 times
Gender: Male

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:I haven't yet looked at the difference between 8 and X... If I feel like you about it, I'll probably go for 8 as well... But since my contract deal literally JUST ran out, I'd hardly feel those 300 bucks anyway


That's true, something to consider. Our contract options here in Malta suck tbh. I've always found it better to buy outright since I still benefit from student bundles (and probably will until I move out of Malta considering the lack of checks). Long term it works out much cheaper.


Main difference is the face recognition if I'm not mistaken?

Some options are good here - you gotta look for a while though...


And the design. the X is admittedly beautiful.

The X should have kept Touch ID on the back like in other smartphones.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31357
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8829 times
Been thanked: 7435 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Electronics

Postby fae lure » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:44 pm

lolz yeah they failed also on the fingerprint sensing. but I'm sure not everyone was comfy with touching the glass so crapple spared you, now you can get mugged, the boi points the screen at your mug, it unlocks, even muggers can easily enjoy your new mobile revolution gadget. sensor on the back would be admitting failure instead of 'introducing: the face revolutikn'. as for it being good looking... lol2

ye the watch may work well enough, but is fat, overpriced as you said, and just what is the 'difference in life'? no offence, but you sound like crappie paid you with the 'admit small flaw, persuade with great recommendations'. it's funny you're a forum mod, cause they have the biggest, never stopping trolling on all fronts campaign
fae lure

 

Re: Electronics

Postby #12 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 pm

Yeah like muggers would have trouble with a fingerprint
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2531 times
Gender: Male

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:12 pm

So I dug up an old computer monitor I used to have intending to use it as a second screen for my laptop. I bought an HDMI to VGA converter but when connecting the two, the monitor still says "Input not supported". Any ideas? The thing is that this is supposed to be converting the HDMI output to VGA video.

I tried connecting my PS4 and got the same result, but tbh I'm not sure it's supposed to work. Strangely, I could see a screen which says the PS4 is checking storage and will restart automatically (because I unplugged it while in rest mode, I imagine), but as soon as it restarted normally I got "Input not supported".
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31357
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8829 times
Been thanked: 7435 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Electronics

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:So I dug up an old computer monitor I used to have intending to use it as a second screen for my laptop. I bought an HDMI to VGA converter but when connecting the two, the monitor still says "Input not supported". Any ideas? The thing is that this is supposed to be converting the HDMI output to VGA video.

I tried connecting my PS4 and got the same result, but tbh I'm not sure it's supposed to work. Strangely, I could see a screen which says the PS4 is checking storage and will restart automatically (because I unplugged it while in rest mode, I imagine), but as soon as it restarted normally I got "Input not supported".

Are you sure you bought an HDMI to VGA converter not a VGA to HDMI converter? In these type of cables, it's often one directional... what you bought is likely a cable you can use to connect the VGA output of your video card to an HDMI monitor.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31566
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5572 times
Been thanked: 8301 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:13 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:So I dug up an old computer monitor I used to have intending to use it as a second screen for my laptop. I bought an HDMI to VGA converter but when connecting the two, the monitor still says "Input not supported". Any ideas? The thing is that this is supposed to be converting the HDMI output to VGA video.

I tried connecting my PS4 and got the same result, but tbh I'm not sure it's supposed to work. Strangely, I could see a screen which says the PS4 is checking storage and will restart automatically (because I unplugged it while in rest mode, I imagine), but as soon as it restarted normally I got "Input not supported".

Are you sure you bought an HDMI to VGA converter not a VGA to HDMI converter? In these type of cables, it's often one directional... what you bought is likely a cable you can use to connect the VGA output of your video card to an HDMI monitor.

Product description: "Converts an HDMI digital signal into a VGA analogue signal for use with VGA displays. The adaptor also has a 3.5mm stereo socket for sound output ideal for external speakers. Converts a HDMI output to a VGA signal. Ideal for connecting a modern PC to an older display. Plug and play design, no drivers required. Supports audio output via 3.5mm socket."

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/NEWLink-NLHDMI ... +w%2FAudio
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31357
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8829 times
Been thanked: 7435 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Electronics

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:So I dug up an old computer monitor I used to have intending to use it as a second screen for my laptop. I bought an HDMI to VGA converter but when connecting the two, the monitor still says "Input not supported". Any ideas? The thing is that this is supposed to be converting the HDMI output to VGA video.

I tried connecting my PS4 and got the same result, but tbh I'm not sure it's supposed to work. Strangely, I could see a screen which says the PS4 is checking storage and will restart automatically (because I unplugged it while in rest mode, I imagine), but as soon as it restarted normally I got "Input not supported".

Are you sure you bought an HDMI to VGA converter not a VGA to HDMI converter? In these type of cables, it's often one directional... what you bought is likely a cable you can use to connect the VGA output of your video card to an HDMI monitor.

Product description: "Converts an HDMI digital signal into a VGA analogue signal for use with VGA displays. The adaptor also has a 3.5mm stereo socket for sound output ideal for external speakers. Converts a HDMI output to a VGA signal. Ideal for connecting a modern PC to an older display. Plug and play design, no drivers required. Supports audio output via 3.5mm socket."

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/NEWLink-NLHDMI ... +w%2FAudio
Then it's probably faulty. :(
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31566
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5572 times
Been thanked: 8301 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Damn.. will try with some other device and see what happens
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31357
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8829 times
Been thanked: 7435 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Electronics

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:35 pm

From the Kalashnikov manufacturing co
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/912720095994109952

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27148
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22124 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests