You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Electronics

Postby theundead » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:11 pm

nm462272 wrote:@theundead - i'm interested in the phone, but worried about bloatware... is it really that bad? i'm thinking i may be better off going with the Pixel

The bloatware used to be a problem in the S5 and s6 era. But Samsung has managed to minimize their biggest weakness. S7 was much better. And S8 has very minimal bloatware. And most of it, including bixby, can be disabled using an app called adhell. The app also blocks most ads which is an added bonus.

I don't think the bloatware is a problem. And I came to the Samsung from stock Android. There are only 4 apps that I haven't managed to replace or disable yet.

The pixel is a great device too. But I hate it's design. The Nexus 6p was much prettier.

I'd suggest that you get the S8. It's a brilliant device and you won't regret it. Get the midnight black though :D
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:22 pm

theundead wrote:
nm462272 wrote:@theundead - i'm interested in the phone, but worried about bloatware... is it really that bad? i'm thinking i may be better off going with the Pixel

The bloatware used to be a problem in the S5 and s6 era. But Samsung has managed to minimize their biggest weakness. S7 was much better. And S8 has very minimal bloatware. And most of it, including bixby, can be disabled using an app called adhell. The app also blocks most ads which is an added bonus.

I don't think the bloatware is a problem. And I came to the Samsung from stock Android. There are only 4 apps that I haven't managed to replace or disable yet.

The pixel is a great device too. But I hate it's design. The Nexus 6p was much prettier.

I'd suggest that you get the S8. It's a brilliant device and you won't regret it. Get the midnight black though :D

Thanks! Good info =D>
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Been a very satisfied user of Galaxy S8+ for a month and I concur with theundead. I upgraded from Galaxy S6, the bloatware problem has improved significantly. My battery life is ridiculous, can last a day comfortably (usually 30-40% by bedtime) with my regular use: up to 2 hours of playing high performance games, relatively often usage of chatting apps and GPS almost always on. Never had to turn on the power saving mode so far. Massive improvement over the S6 with its absolutely awful battery.

Given the bigger screen, the only thing I find slightly off-putting is there would often be a small black portion of the screen unused in some apps because of the irregular aspect ratio. Nevertheless, the display is **** beautiful.

I nearly always have to use it with two hands, but I have no problem with that because I fancy bigger phones.

And indeed, the AKG earphones are class. Easily the best earphones ever to be bundled with a phone.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:06 pm

theundead wrote:Let see what that iphone 8 (and note 8 ) bring.

Not much from the iPhone's side I think. My prediction is that with the 10 year anniversary thing they're going to go for show and flair more than actual usefulness. I would say that next year will be a better time to invest in a new iPhone than this year but this is obviously just my prediction. I will probably be getting next year's iPhone myself. Not planning to upgrade just yet, don't feel a need to apart from a very very tiny part in the top left corner of my screen which no longer works properly when displaying certain colours.

====

I have an unrelated question, maybe someone can help me out. You know how SD cards have that lock switch on the side? I lent a card I own to my cousin and the switch accidentally broke with the card permanently locked (or so it says when I try to use it). Is there any way around this or is it time to wave goodbye to it?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby theundead » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
theundead wrote:Let see what that iphone 8 (and note 8 ) bring.

Not much from the iPhone's side I think. My prediction is that with the 10 year anniversary thing they're going to go for show and flair more than actual usefulness. I would say that next year will be a better time to invest in a new iPhone than this year but this is obviously just my prediction. I will probably be getting next year's iPhone myself. Not planning to upgrade just yet, don't feel a need to apart from a very very tiny part in the top left corner of my screen which no longer works properly when displaying certain colours.

====

I have an unrelated question, maybe someone can help me out. You know how SD cards have that lock switch on the side? I lent a card I own to my cousin and the switch accidentally broke with the card permanently locked (or so it says when I try to use it). Is there any way around this or is it time to wave goodbye to it?

iPhones are also going bezel-less and AMOLED this time around. So there might actually be an interesting device from Apple since the 5s.

====

The lock button on SD cards is not a hardware button as far as i am aware. So just tape another piece of plastic (or spaghetti :P) on the part where the card is unlocked and you'll be good to go. But SD cards are pretty cheap. The same thing happened to mine and I just got a new one.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:39 am

Will try that out, otherwise yeah I'll just get a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Essential phone (expensive)

Sharp Aquos S2 (not bad price)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:25 pm

A third thumb
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/895679895103090689

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:59 pm

I bought the Google Home from eBay :) waiting anxiously for its arrival!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 am

Got hold of a cheap used 1st gen Apple Watch. Still charging it (seems to take ages) but looking forward to wearing it. I'm mostly interested in its fitness features, don't really care about other stuff I can easily do on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Not much from the iPhone's side I think. My prediction is that with the 10 year anniversary thing they're going to go for show and flair more than actual usefulness. I would say that next year will be a better time to invest in a new iPhone than this year but this is obviously just my prediction. I will probably be getting next year's iPhone myself. Not planning to upgrade just yet, don't feel a need to apart from a very very tiny part in the top left corner of my screen which no longer works properly when displaying certain colours.

Didn't see anything to make me think otherwise. The iPhone 8 looks like a better deal than the iPhone X to me.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:53 pm

MUTU wrote:I bought the Google Home from eBay :) waiting anxiously for its arrival!

Tell him you are his father. I did it at a demo unit, it is freakin' hilarious.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:05 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:I bought the Google Home from eBay :) waiting anxiously for its arrival!

:) Will give it a go.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Will not buy an iPhone ever... again.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Electronics

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:42 pm

tflags wrote:

What happens if you do?

I'm probably getting one... Just don't know which one yet
Iphone I mean...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge