You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:43 am

Looks amazing. I'm tempted
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Argeta » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:55 am

Galaxy it is for me! Suddenly the iPhone does not look as exclusive and luxurious anymore.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 pm

I never had one and I will never have...
I go against the wave and the mass...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:39 pm

I've been following OLED displays for a while now. Their latest tab uses it and it is beautiful. Can't wait to see their new phone.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:53 pm

My next phone shall be a Pixel / Nexus or Top of the Shelf Motorola. It is decided.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby theundead » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Love the s8 except for three things.

1. the fingerprint scanner positioning is awkward. Should've been below the camera and stuff.
2. The edge screen. It looks cool but results in awful light reflections that you can't away from. The edge screen is also more prone to breaks.
3. The camera hasn't improved from last year much apart from software. Not entirely a bad thing, but dual cameras are the thing these days.

The phone itself is beautiful. I am looking for a phone as i dropped mine in more water than what my phone's waterproofing could bear. I am leaning more towards the G6, but I might go with a cheaper phone this time as well :P
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Speaking of the camera, on a more aesthetic level one thing which I think Apple has always won over Samsung is its positioning. I hate those huge cameras in the centre.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:44 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I hate those huge cameras in the centre.

But the iphone's camera bump is much bigger than the samsung one. Its an annoyance while your phone is lying on the table. But I agree with you that the samsung camera module is way too big.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Argeta » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:45 pm

I do agree that there is not a big difference between the S8 and the S7, which makes me more tempted to buy the S7 instead due to the price drops that will hit it soon!
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:28 pm

theundead wrote:But the iphone's camera bump is much bigger than the samsung one. Its an annoyance while your phone is lying on the table. But I agree with you that the samsung camera module is way too big.

Yes that's true. It's a little less noticeable with a cover on. I was referring more to its positioning in the centre though. I think the camera in the corner the iPhone has going is neater.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Has anyone ever seen this clock on their Android phone?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:44 pm

No :)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Don't recognise it from any of the Android devices I've had.

Speaking of clocks, recently I realised that the icon for the clock app on iOS shows the current time to the second. So the icon itself changes every second. Don't think any other apps have changing icons.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:18 pm

I finally decided to join the dark side and got the galaxy s8 a couple of months ago. Neat little device. I'll just write a small review for my fellow bayern fans :D

The design is absolutely gorgeous. Nothing comes close to the midnight black s8 in terms of the form factor. Its compact, almost as small as the iphone 7, but has a 5.8 inch screen vs the 4.7 inch iphone.

The screen is breathtaking. It's not oversaturated so colors look natural and all. But coming from a cheap LCD display, I loved the deep blacks and the overall colors of the display. As a hobbyist photographer, I adored looking at my photos on s8's display. In terms of design and screen, it absolutely $#!ts on the iphone 7. Let see what that iphone 8 (and note 8 ) bring.

The camera is pretty great as well. It's not a dual sensor setup but the color reproduction and dynamic range are breathtaking. I haven't had a chance to view the photos on a bigger monitor so can't comment on the sharpness. But on my last trip, I decided not to use my DSLR after watching the s8 pull amazing photos.

Straight from phone, fully automatic mode, HDR on, no manipulations done except resize.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KSC8sV ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p1ai8n ... sp=sharing

Software used to be Samsung's biggest downfall. And it still is. But the extent of bloatware has massively reduced since the s6. There are probably only 5-8 apps that can't be uninstalled or disabled completely. The remaining apps are still annoying though, especially samsung calendar.
The bigger problem is Bixby, Samsung's own digital assistant. It's useless and it has a dedicated hardware button right below the volume control. Very often, I managed to bring up bixby while trying to lower the volume. I disabled the button as it was annoying af. Still have google assistant though. With these and some other tweaks, I've managed to make the s8 even faster.

Battery life is not bad. With the note 7 fiasco, Samsung fit a relatively small 3000mah battery in the s8. But the phone manages to last the day with juice to spare. At its best, I got 7 hours of screen on time, which is pretty great with my relatively high usage.

The built-in loudspeaker is not loud enough. The bundled AKG-tuned earphones sound heavenly.

The fingerprint scanner's placement is a little odd. But my muscle memory has adapted to it. Doesn't annoy me anymore.

The glass body is a fingerprint magnet though. I've put it in a case to protect it though.

All in all, the s8 met and exceeded all my expectations from a Samsung flagship phone.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:50 pm

@theundead - i'm interested in the phone, but worried about bloatware... is it really that bad? i'm thinking i may be better off going with the Pixel
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge